Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Alien Call) The Seneschal's Briefing

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    K
    Katsuro Tomori

He listened as the Seneschal spoke seeming to rule his idea out, then Longstreet interjected.

The other Dragon tried to cut short his proposal...did he want the light all for himself? That would be odd of a shadow.

Bruskly ignoring Mr. Culmets attempts to roll out, the timid man made a singular stand. Not in any off putting way, nor was it a dick measuring contest in the slightest., more like someone giving advice on a deal. A consultant. His voice was calm but firm as he attempted to join back into the conversation he had been so quickly dismissed from. Americans....

"
    I share the same currency as they then, but I have tools at my disposal that makes acquiring that currency easier. For instance, fifteen thousand dollars makes a wonderful chisel for scraping away excess wood that might keep a round peg from fitting as it should...more directly but less eloquently it can fund many break ins and bribes, win many an auction, give one a far more comfortable and safe hide out, and generally speaking a continued flow of that amount for a few months can make acquiring true currency a far more enjoyable pursuit." He said, then paused a moment before adding. "Of course, I would be willing to invest that amount in such an operation if it is a fruitful undertaking."

"If we are only interested in the short term for a smash and grab...I can drive the get away vehicle, and can advise on any occult artifacts such as this...beacon... if located."

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Yes, she has made her decision. Now leave it alone.

Something about Longstreet reminds Cross of Jack the Creep. Maybe it's the way he keeps flapping his lips when the time for conversation has clearly ended. Still, if he can handle himself like Jack, it wouldn't be a bad thing in certain situations.

On the other hand, Katsuro's quiet and unassuming demeanor seems to hide a quick mind. His ideas concerning a financial solution to the situation are starting to make sense to Cross.

"I think Mr. Tomori makes a good point, Seneschal. Offering to fund their operation may provide us some extra leverage in negotiation. And another way to control them down the line. Something to consider when we have our little chat." A gift, with strings attached, especially purse strings could prove advantageous.

With that, he falls silent again, waiting for further direction or dismissal.

3. Likes Jaqen, liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Mister Longstreet, that I also understand, but we have a set date and time, and I fully expect them to expect us early. By days or hours. If we show up on time, or appear to do so...that might give us an edge. To appear to keep our word...if our interactions with this Alchemist continue, and we continue to stay true to our word...we condition them to expect that. Which, of course we can turn to our advantage." Honestly, she didn't think she'd have to explain herself to a room of kindred.

"Mister Culmet, I've already said that I do not know what manner of creature they are. All I know was that myself, and several others were mistaken for them. Which means they can easily pass for human...or kindred." says the Haunt, already dismissing his notion of leaving. Clearly they were not ready.

"Mister Tomori, I wasn't dismissing your idea. I wasn't sure that you'd be willing to part with the resources needed to acquire what these Alchemists desire, nor did I think you'd be comfortable scouring your own collection for something that would entice their interests." He was a Dragon, and to them knowledge could be more valuable then Blood.

Nodding, smoothly, inhumanly, at the Dragon and at Robert. "So, if you are comfortable with acquiring something, or donating it from your collection, then yes. We could easily have a gift, or bribe or something we could use as bait."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, unlimited sink, Jaqen liked this post
    z
    zapero12

Jax ponders a moment. I may have a few books and some research notes, however that's only going on the table if I'm getting them back.
    "Sounds like a plan then."

K
    Katsuro Tomori

"Without the Domain we wouldn't have the Order here... for the Domain I would part with many comforts." Especially when I can start my own private collection of occult artifacts. "I would however like proprietary rights on this beacon or other findings related to my fields of study." It was only reasonable, if slightly Machiavellian. With that out of the way. "So what is the order of operations? Recon first, then negotiations, if those fail we pretend to leave and go with the original smash and grab?" He asked making sure everyone was on the same page. If so, the Ventrue would simply fall silent until the Seneschal dismissed them having nothing more to contribute.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Katsuro's attempt to cut a deal draws little more than an amused smirk from the Burned Man.

Give him this, he's shrewd. And he's got balls.

All in all, Cross decides he likes this Lord. As much as he can like another Pale.

Still, it's all up to Alice. The Seneschal. She's the representative of the Prince's power. And she's in charge of this mission.

Cruel blue eyes move between Tomori and the Blind Doll as Cross waits to see how this little proposition will work out.

9. Likes , Yumyumcrow, Jaqen liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Well, Culmet was an eager beaver. Something that most people might find endearing, but for Alice, here and now found the exact opposite of endearing.

"Thank you Mister Tomori." Alice says, then he makes his demand. If she had eyes, she might have taken the time to roll them. But before she can answer the greedy dragon he continues. "I don't know why you are assuming we're stealing something, be we are not." Alice hadn't mentioned anything about stealing anything. Only about Dealing with the Alchemists. "As we are not crawling out of our skin at the monstrous presence of the beacon - the Alchemists words are true. It's lost power. I want to know what creatures they thought we are, I want to know if there are any within the Domain, if they are a threat, to us, the Masquerade. I want to know how many Alchemists there are. I highly doubt that it's just the two we've met. I want to know if they can create their beacon again, and how to defend against it.

"Which means, yes recon first. Then we'll speak with them. See how it goes. And if it goes poorly, Mister Tomori I might call upon your Lord's skill."

Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

K
    Katsuro Tomori

Outright murder if they couldn't be bought then? Well, that was...something. He chose not to dwell on her correction of his assumption. "I can certainly assist with that Seneschal, given a short time they will speak regardless of if they choose to side with us." Tomori said respectfully. The thought did cross his mind that if she was making no claim on this beacon outside of defensive knowledge...it was still presumably up for grabs at least in part, perhaps a book or journal or two at least. He didn't push it further as she didn't contest his claim to the occult items either. With everything seemingly in line, the Ventrue waited quietly to be asked anything else or be dismissed.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Now he's had time to reflect on it, Tomori realises that alchemy is replete with rumour concerning magical elixirs. The purpose of these elixirs varies according to culture, time, and place. Some are supposed to impart power, wisdom, or immortality; some are brewed for more... practical purposes.

The Golden Dawn could reference many things. In Western alchemy the Golden Dawn could refer to the transcendental completion of the Great Work, or the famed Order of the same name which dominated the cultural landscape of the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

Of course, all this is conjecture given the veiled references he has been supplied with this far.

R
    Robert Longstreet

If Tomori wanted to have the Beacon for the Order (or for himself, internal politics are a thing even among academics) then so be it, Longstreet had no use for it, and even if he did, it's doubtful the Seneschal would let him take it. No, he'd be more interested in whether or not these Alchemists stayed true to their ancestors and can transform lead into gold. If the Moore House is to be renovated, cash is a number one priority.

"The plan works for me. With permission, I'll ask around my Contacts on the street level if anyone knows more about these people. They must get funding from somewhere, and the most obvious way of making some bucks on the darker side of things for a chemist is to sell drugs. Or maybe other threads come up. We'll see."

"Is there anything more we need to know, Seneschal?"

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread