Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Alien Call) The Seneschal's Briefing

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Seneschal's office, smoke filled, though there is no fire. Sage smoke, and other fragrant and meaningful incense burn and crumble to ash only to cool and be played with by undread fingers. Circle and spiraling patterns could be seen upon such piles of cold ash. The centerpiece of her office was her magnificent desk. A dark wood, who's legs have been carved to display predator and prey, vines and flowers of all types, and there was no missing the the signs and sigils of the Gods that Alice Hart had pledged her unlife too.

Alice waits in her char behind her magnificent desk, working on the nights tasks as we waits for those she had called to her office. After that enlightening phone conversation, something definitely needed to be done. First Alice gave call to Her Robert, then the Stormcrow. Both she dearly wanted by her side for this endeavor, next she calls in the Domain's newest Dragons....and for last, and least the Name-Thief himself. Let the Name-Thief see just what a Robert was supposed to be.

Lyssa stood ready by the door waiting for the first Kindred's knock...

Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

2. Likes unlimited sink, Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    z
    zapero12

Jax knocks on the door and waits for permission to enter.

R
    Robert Longstreet

One night, he got called by the Seneschal, although if he didn't know better, he'd swear that it was an iceberg on the other end of the line. It wasn't even a talk, just time, place and a short "Be there.", dealt like an icycle stab before hanging up. He was worried. Hart might be a heathen, but she is a powerful one, seemingly possessing both Prince's and Reeve's ear. And there is the issue of her attack dog, Scylla. Anyway, if it's not a trap, then it could be just the opportunity to remove the crosshairs from his head.

He was there at the time and place specified, like a Swiss watch, and to his mild surprise the young Dragon was also there. So, unless she had issues with him too, it wasn't a trap. Good. The Dragon knocked at the door, sparing Robert the duty to do so.

"Good evening, Mr. Culmet. Do you know what's the business that needs to be resolved, or will there be other people involved?"

z
    zapero12

Jax didn't know any more than Mr. Longstreet however he knew if someone calls that's higher up than you, you had better respond. What business would be in attendance? he wondered. Hopefully it wasn't to do with his small outburst at court. He did lose his temper however that matter was quickly resolved and he corrected himself.

No.. if was anything surely she just has some information for the new Kindred in town to hear. Maybe a warning of Hunters being in the area or some other type of danger, and probably a reminder of the rules of the domain I'm sure.

In any case Jax turns to what he views as the serial killer look alike and says, "I haven't the smallest idea Mr. Longstreet.. for either of your questions. I do know you and I are here, so either there is business that requires the two of us specifically, or the other new Kindred will be arriving shortly."

Scylla
    Scylla

Owl!

PRE

The Stormcrow swept into Alice's office on a wind born of irritation. No matter how she explained it to the servants manning the "coat check", they would not permit her to enter with her axes, or her knives, no matter that they were wrapped by cloth and sealed by oath. So, instead, the warrior was left with only twenty dollars worth of metal to serve her, and that was what she loudly set down atop the Seneschal's desk. Thankfully, the paper wrappers binding the rolls of quarters protected the desk from the metal inside.

"As you have called, so have I come, High Priestess," Scylla declared in the wake of her gesture. "My hands, my weapons, my mind are yours."
    Scylla. Gangrel. Stormcrow. Crone.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Car parked down the block with his gun and the big knife once gifted him by Jack the Creep locked securely inside, Cross makes his way into the Nox and down toward Alice's office. Seneschal Hart, he corrects himself. The title has a nice ring to it. Though the Burned Man doesn't linger on the thought. Not when he's back in the halls of power. Not when the Prince might come upon him from any quarter. He'd begun the process of mending things with Alice, but there is still plenty of other business to settle. And much of it would have to be settled here.

Not tonight, though. Tonight he is responding to Her call.

The two by the door don't get a second look as Cross rolls by, in the wake of Scylla's more menacing beast. He steps through the door she's just thrown open and then to one side, surveying the scene, working to calm his own Monster as it reacts to the other Kindred present. Taking in the Stormcrow's words of devotion with disguised amusement.

The rest of the room is surveyed at a glance. The desk, the woman by the door. Breather, Cross thinks, watching her chest rise and fall for a moment before deciding to ignore her. His eyes settle on Alice, scarred face expressionless save for the barest uptick at the corner of his lips. Professional as always.

"Good evening, Seneschal."

He waits, content to watch Her in action.

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The knocking and muffled noise of voice prepared the Doll for the Wraith to to thrash and disturb the sea that was her center. Lyssa opens the door and the flood of kindred she invited enter the smoke filled room. In front of her magnificent desk is a pair of chairs, along one wall, an overstuffed couch, Lyssa motions towards them, softly speaking in her lyrical voice, directing any who wished to sit towards them and if they preferred to stand, there was plenty of room.

Alice returns the greetings given to her, as Lyssa returns to Her Lady's side, and whispers something in her ear. "Thank you all for coming, though it seems we're missing someone. We'll continue, and he can being brought up to speed."

Alice pulls some papers towards her, and places her fingers upon it, slowly reacquainting herself with the key points.

"Last September there was a...beacon.
    " Alice says using the Alchemist's word for the fake-experiment of the false god's heart. "It left like an Ancient's Beast. Newly awakened, and incredibly dangerous. It called several of us, myself Whip Cross, and Reeve Antinori, who was a Deputy at the time, and the then-current Reeve. Lady Stamford. It was decided we needed to find the source and deal with it. We tracked the call to..." her fingers trace the raised patterns of bumps, "Joe's Repairs. As I said it wasn't Kindred, but an object. A Beacon, it was used to call not Kindred but something else. Not one of those something else's answered. Shortly after our arrival two kine...Alchemists revealed themselves. They don't know what we are, but assumed we are what they intended to call. They claimed they could make an elixir that could 'help'." bone pale fingers move through through their air before dropping back to the desk. "Reach something they called the..." fingers fall to her notes once more. "The Golden Dawn. All we needed to do was gather the ingredient or the reagents as directed by our will. Now, I know none of those participating has gathering those reagents. Mostly because other things required our attentions." Robert and Lady Stamford left and Ale didn't want anything to do with the Alchemists. But Alice really shouldn't be saying that to the kindred gathered here.

"Now, I've once more come into contact with those Alchemists, I have a place, the same repair shop, and a date and a time for a meeting. I know they need to be dealt with. That's why I've called you here."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

10. Likes Jaqen, unlimited sink, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    R
    Robert Longstreet

The office was more like a shrine than a place of work, with all the incense, sage smoke and decorations depicting what no doubt were the amalgam of pagan gods and goddessess, the dark pantheon for which the Pale Wraith was a worldly servant. He wondered how much of this was just for show, and how much spoke something of her actual, tangible power. Apparently Scylla, the Seneschal's pet, was also summoned, although he didn't recognize the other man - by the scars on his face and the odor of cooked meat he sensed a cousin, although there was no telling what his true confession was. He entered the office and offered both the Burned Man and the Seneschal a respectful acknowledgement. Then he listened, not really knowing what to make of it.

"So, just to make this straight... what do we know, I mean really know about these...Alchemists? Who are they, where do they come from, what's the beacon you spoke of, what ingredients do they need for this elixir or whatever and what is this... Golden Dawn?" He wasn't the greatest strategist that ever walked the Earth, but he didn't last this long by being kept in the dark

"I mean they are clueless about us and that's good, but are we any better off? Besides, why do I get the feeling that this Joe's Repairs is some shop in the middle of nowhere? I mean, whatever happened to hiding in plain sight? If we set up a meet in a public place we could at least be sure there's no welcoming party waiting to put some additional holes in us."

After a few seconds of pause, he continued.

"No, the risk is too great, I say we case the joint first, put some ears to the ground to see if there's nothing fishy brewing. I could probably use a second pair of eyes - anyone? Speaking of which, it'd be nice, Seneschal, if you introiduced us to Mr. ...." He said, turning to the scarred figure.

z
    zapero12

Jax entered along with everyone else and offered the Seneschal a bow. When she began to speak his eyes widened at the words alchemy and reagents. Ahhh.. From the looks of it I'll be the resident chemist and these guys are the muscle. I do thoroughly want to look at what this Golden Dawn is in my lab.

"How should you like us to deal with them?? And what would you like us to do with any experiments we find?"
    Jax eyed the blind Seneschal with a nervous eye. He dearly hopes he gets to play with whatever they have in their lab.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Gonna keep things rolling, as Cayce seems to be a little busy at the moment.

Cross listens, silent and still as Alice unfolds the details. Save for his eyes, which move from Kindred to Kindred. He'd been there for the start of the affair, but left before much of what she tells them had come to light. Even now he can feel the ghost of the power put off by that "beacon." Yes, this is a problem that definitely needs to be dealt with.

His attention comes to rest on the menacing figure with all the questions. Where others might be simply repelled by his threatening aura, Cross feels a vague stirring of kinship: a possible member of the Family. Still, that doesn't mean he likes the guy. Or the way he's addressing Alice.

His flat, blue eyes cut to the Seneschal where she sits behind her desk, "If I may Seneschal," before flickering back to Longstreet, "I think the point of this expedition would be to find the answers to your questions. And meeting these 'alchemists' in public would come with its own problems. For one, if we do need to neutralize them, a public meeting would make such action...difficult."

His gaze never wavers, never leaves the man as he speaks. "And besides, I've seen these two. They're Breathers. And not particularly impressive. I'd be more afraid of what they were trying to...call." Finally, he lets his eyes drift back to Alice, "Though he may have a point about sending an advance party, Seneschal. I'd be happy to attend to the matter with him if you wish to go that route."

Again, he looks to Longstreet: "And I can introduce myself. Robert Cross. Whip of clan Nosferatu." No hand extended, no request for Longstreet's name in return.

14. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread