Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

(Making the Cabal)Mana 0 Spent
    PRE

The message had gone out: Assemble in the woods north of Rancho Cordova. We hunt Sacred Sites.

The rain had gone but the moisture hung in the air and the ground was still wet. The resinous scent of the wood tickled the nose, especially now the wet had scoured away the dust and the heat of the drought. Campanella had risen early with a sense of optimism, fresh from his adventures in the redwood forests north of the Bay. Perhaps his trials had awoken something latent in the mystogogue; more likely he was hoping the days adventure would bear fruit and a new Cabal could soon be formed. He had discussed the issue enough with a few individuals in the Consilium. Today, he hoped that words would lead to action.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-10 02:36:08 Campanella to cast Shielding rote rolls 10 to Intelligence + Occult + Order Rote spec + Matter - Spell Tolerance (10 Again) 1, 5, 8, 1, 9, 10, 3, 2, 1, 5, 1 3 successes
    2017-04-10 02:34:19 Campanella to cast Sight Rote rolls 7 to Wits + Occult + Order Rote Spec + Prime (10 Again) 6, 8, 10, 7, 2, 8, 2, 8 4 successes

Campanella was dressed in jeans, shirt and hiking boots. The body warmer was new, a lesson he'd picked up from his colleagues in the Order and he had food and water in his backpack. He was perhaps overdressed but his previous trip was still freshly burned in his mind.

Did he know that there was a High Place within the woods? Not really. Did he have suspicions, yes. But honestly, all of that was simply a means to frame their journey.

For the moment, the Moros simply waited for the others to arrive, breathing in the scented air with a sense of contentment and curiosity.

Of course there is no mechanical benefit from tracking down a Hallow. Thats all XP y'all However, I thought we had best get started on that Cabal building thread. I know Faye Orianna will probably be joining once she is back. Archangel Michael @wilsonss is already onboard as far as I can tell. I may as well open this up to others Xander Bolide Marguerite PiggySaysWhat if you are interested.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

2. Likes Matamune, , West liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    A.k.a. Father Michael
    Archangel Michael
    NIMBUS

The Archangel:
    Wings of fire spread from his back when he works vulgar magic.
    Written in Death

Defense 5
    Speed 9
    Armor 2

Total Mana 10/11

Health:
    Mana:
    Willpower: (3 used)

Spells:
    [2]Supernal Vision[Scene]
    [4]Light Mastery [Scene]
    [1]Fireproofing - Tuesday, Chariot, Thrope and himself [Scene]

[4]Faye's Organic Shield -2 Armor/2 defense[Scene]

Active Spells:3
    Personal Spells:3 (-1 at spellcasting)

Doxx Count: 1

(Successive spellcasting)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

The Obrimos showed up in a black leather jacket, baggy jeans, a pair of biker shoes and even biker gloves. This time he is missing his pair of glasses and his locks are rolled into a bun at the top of his head.

"Hope no one tries to mess with my baby Angelina... I hate it when I have to leave her so far away." his comment was followed by a handwave. "So, this is the place? Let us see..."

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-10 08:39:43 [02] Archangel Michael rolls 4 to Supernal Vision [second casting] (GNO + Prime) (10 Again) 4, 9, 9, 8 3 successes

The Archangel opened his eyes to the Supernal, readying himself to track any ressonance painting the landscape with magic. The Hallow would be their prize.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-10 08:39:43 [02] Archangel Michael rolls 4 to Supernal Vision [second casting] (GNO + Prime) (10 Again) 4, 9, 9, 8 3 successes

"Anyone else is coming? I hadn't seen our enchanter for some time now..."

As they talk, Michael removes and stuffs his gloves into the pocket. He too was enjoying the lingering scent of moist earth. Nature always feel wonderful

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    M
    Marguerite

Marguerite, even for her love of finery, was a fan of the outdoors herself. The wonder of it was rarely lost on her -- even if she admonished herself for wishing He had not made so much mud, insects, or rain but even those seemed actually minor inconveniences these days. She hadn't expected to get lost in the woods and so wore fairly casual clothes, a long white linen coat draped over the top and an older looking leather bag slumped on her shoulder. She'd brought along an umbrella, some power bars, bug spay, a flashlight and a water bottle piled up in her bag. She hadn't actually known what they might need but that seemed reasonable enough.

It had made a good opportunity for her to find her way around her new home. Tracking down the trails mentioned, even for how slender she was she didn't seemed winded in the slightest as she made her way to the pair. She smiled to them both, "Hello, what a blessing the day cleared up so. Thank you for the invitation. What a perfect place for a Sacred place to be found. I hope you two are doing well, hm?" She beamed a warm smile to the two of them. Whether this was a successful mission or not, she was rather looking forward to enjoying the day outside.

She made a few sets of gestures, her fingers twisting in a set of angles and patters, one after the other, to send a pair of golden glyphs to appear, one settling across her eyes and the other weaving itself into the air around her.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-10 11:23:13 Marguerite rolls 6 to cast Unseen Shield rote (10 Again) 2, 4, 2, 10, 4, 3, 5 1 success
    2017-04-10 11:21:53 Marguerite rolls 7 to cast Supernal Vision rote (10 Again) 9, 3, 1, 4, 2, 3, 3 1 success

Bolide

Nimbus:
    Light gathers and flickers around Bolide, and the roaring sound of a fast moving object like a jet or a meteor billows out from him.
    Bolide combat stats

(DM(2$), UA(2$) (Artifact Mana))Mana 4 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Cabal membership was an aspiration that still somewhat eluded the recently awakened Bolide. On the surface they just seemed like awakened social cliques, binding mages together in pretentious pros about 'family' and a purpose that some of the clique might take more seriously then others. On the other hand though you had roommates to split rent with and help you keep your stuff yours.

Luckily this budding clique happened to be hunting 'sacred sites' in the woods without demanding immediate commitment, so Bolide was gleefully on board. The further you got from the light pollution of the inner cities, the easier it was to star gaze. Finding a space, Sanctum or whatever, where the former NASA contractor could see the stars? Maybe the introvert could come out of his shell for that.

Bolide made his way to the group in the same basic outfit he had worn to Concilium. He had left his leather jacket in the car, leaving his black Artifact hoodie to shine clearly to the Prime sight each mage had chosen. Mana was drawn from it as his own sight and armor were cast, with extra mana to obscure the golden sigils of each from clear view.

"Hey folks." He said with a wave as he approached. "So sacred site hunt huh? Anything extravagant or mind blowing?"

Dark Matter Pot 2$, Unseen Aegis Pot 2$
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-11 00:54:32 Bolide rolls 5 to Improvised and Cloaked Unseen Aegis (Mana from Artifact)(Matter+Gnosis) (10 Again) 6, 5, 9, 9, 1 2 successes
    2017-04-11 00:54:05 Bolide rolls 5 to Improvised and cloaked Dark matter (Artifact mana)(Matter+Gno) (10 Again) 2, 9, 8, 3, 6 2 successes

Bolide is once again casting cloaked spells in scene, which means everyone with active mage sight is entitled to two rolls of Wits+Occult-2 to notice Bolide cast his sight and armor.

7. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"Bolide. Welcome." Campanella nodded quickly.

His face softened slightly as he chuckled. "No. Nothing extravagant. I... caught a whiff of something around here. Thought it would be an ideal subject of a hike. We can talk while we look see if there is a Hallow somewhere in these woods. We need to talk anyway."

He paused.

"At one time the River City Consilium had two Cabals: Veiled Threats and the Temoins du Sud. Temoins du Sud has... faltered... As - ah - most of its members have left. Rather than build a legacy group I have suggested we build something new to stand in its place."

With a breath, he ploughed on.

"I propose to create a new Cabal with a claim to the Rancho Cordova area. Its... It has always struck me how isolated the Circle is, out this way. And it has no one to watch over it when we are all away. To be clear, I am in no way suggesting we lay claim to the Circle - it belongs to us all. But I think some group should be tasked to watching over the area. Don't want any strange Mystery or rival group getting too close to our... Sanctuary*. Rancho Cordova is a growing neighbourhood; don't want someone else setting up on our doorstep."

A slight sigh.

"I would have liked to have had some unifying theme but I don't think that will work. I'd be happy to simply have a group with a shared goal that we can actually accomplish and who will be active together. From what I have heard from Faye, the Temoins du Sud did share a Sanctum but kept very much to themselves and their own projects. I'd like us to have a common project that we can work on together. If possible."

*Yes, I know this probably doesn't work for a PbP setting and besides, its more plot fodder than anything else. But it is an IC reason to establish the Cabal. And its plot fodder I really want a Cabal that is more than simply sharing a Sanctum.

9. Likes liked this post
    M
    Marguerite

She returned Bolide's wave as he arrived before turning back to Campanella to listen, her loose white blouse rippling with the wind. She took out a hair tie as he spoke, binding up her platinum hair into a tight and high tail.

"Ah, we seek both a place and purpose for the Cabal to be then." She tilted her head in thought, bringing a manicured, gold painted nail to rest at her cheek before sliding down off her chin with an idea. "Well, my first priority, and why I came here, was to learn. But, that is something of a shared goal of us all, I'm sure. What are the relations with the Sleepers, overall? I imagine that many of you already have ties, I even have a few contacts given, but aiding one another in strengthening and promoting those could prove helpful in maintaining a strong network of information and influence for us all." She offered before looking to the others should they have their own suggestions.

A.k.a. Father Michael
    Archangel Michael
    NIMBUS

The Archangel:
    Wings of fire spread from his back when he works vulgar magic.
    Written in Death

Defense 5
    Speed 9
    Armor 2

Total Mana 10/11

Health:
    Mana:
    Willpower: (3 used)

Spells:
    [2]Supernal Vision[Scene]
    [4]Light Mastery [Scene]
    [1]Fireproofing - Tuesday, Chariot, Thrope and himself [Scene]

[4]Faye's Organic Shield -2 Armor/2 defense[Scene]

Active Spells:3
    Personal Spells:3 (-1 at spellcasting)

Doxx Count: 1

PRE

Marguerite and Bolide get a nod and a smile from the Archangel.

"Hey there. It's good to see the two of you. I just arrived as well, so no findings yet."

Michael eyes each of them as Campanella speaks out his idea.

"You've got a point, friend. Someone got to watch around the Circle. We'll do this quite right, I'm sure. So, as of now our goals are: Defence of the Circle adjacencies, mutual protection, knowledge sharing."
    A cold breeze forces the biker's hands back into the jacket pockets, he soon resumes his speech. "Even as good as it sounds until now, I feel like we still lack something...A Mystery, I'd say... But it will show up when the time comes. Patience until then. Maybe we could meddle with those Seers' stuff they talked about Recently? A good starting project, I guess. "

Michael clears his throat a couple of times halfway into his speech and a third time as he finishes. He nods as he listens to Marguerite suggestion.

"Indeed, a bright idea. Information is valuable, no matter where it comes from. . Honestly, I could benefit from this, but not help you guys. My... Contacts and influences are quite limited. I'm easy to blend, though. Making new friends is easy come."

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella nodded along.

"I have connections with the Cultural elite. Enough to name some names, massage tickets to events, name drop... within reason. That sort of thing." He tilted his head in thought. "I... know how to get some less... savoury... things done, but it might take time to organise. And there would be consequences." Another pause. "And I have a talkative accountant."

"I am sure once we have established ourselves we will find something. But lets not get ahead of ourselves, we need a Sanctum and a Hallow first, yes?" Watching over the Sanctuary would be task enough to begin with.

The implication was that they were agreed on a Cabal. He took that as a promising sign once he started off into the trees.

"If we are going to do this, we need a name." He spoke over his shoulder.

Campanella has Allies in Culture, Criminal and Finance

13. Likes liked this post
    Bolide

Nimbus:
    Light gathers and flickers around Bolide, and the roaring sound of a fast moving object like a jet or a meteor billows out from him.
    Bolide combat stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Glee quickly soured on the group as Campanella laid out his desires. It was a solid idea in theory, but a thoroughly mucky one by the standards the laws he had been reading up on.

"What exactly would the border of the territory be?" The Apostate's tone was still cordial, but a certain degree of skepticism was visible in his narrowing eyes. "Not to crap on your ideas, but claiming the territory around the Circle makes the Right of Crossing pretty complicated. Not a lawyer, but as someone who read the readings it looks sketchy. You recognize it, and it cuts the Threats out of any level of aide to the area around the Circle. You don't and the Threats are incapable of entering the Circle without trespassing in the territory."

Bolide's shoulders roll up and down in an ambivalent shrug. "It kinda feels like a lose-lose situation. Maybe that's why the Circle is so far out in the first place?"

It was a hunch, put out into the world to see the reactions of those who seemed to see a large picture but not the series of little ones that make it whole.

"As for a shared goal, learning seems the most fitting. I actually came here to get off the radar, so networking and people skills aren't my priority now or in the future. Learning about magic and everything that comes with it is far more appealing for me."

While less comfortable then before, Bolide didn't intend to leave yet. The group project wasn't nailed down as anything he found anathema, and the territory could be easily adjusted without killing Campanella's goal.

15. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    M
    Marguerite

Marguerite smiled as the others took the the idea, particularly Campanella with his talk of cultural events. She had the fashion, but not the tickets to show them off, and her eyes sparkled at the idea of access to such events. "Oui, the Seer's most certainly have agents spread across the city." She responded to Michael's pitch of meddling in their affairs. "If we bring our many circles together, we may find ah -- cross-sections? Overlap -- concerns that may pinpoint any one to monitor further. Those that have risen quickly or aggressively, unnaturally so." Her accent lilting and rolling over the words, even as she might need to search for them. "I mostly have names in the world of pretty things, clothes, models -- those that clothe models. Friends are with the Church."

For Bolide she added, "Even if you do not have a network, there may still be opportunity to aid in others. There is something to be said about sending in a new face to gather information that a previous reputation has made unavailable." She didn't have high hopes for Bolide making an amazing impression, but a pretty face can knock all sorts of things loose, particularly if they were fresh meat somewhere. With the talk of boundaries she could only shrug, "A boundary need not be a barrier. Campanella is correct, we should not get ahead of ourselves. Whether or not we can say something is claimed, requires a space of importance first."

She was glad to be moving, her face brightening as Campanella started on the trail. She bounded forward with him, ponytail bouncing and swaying behind her. She stood behind him and to the right, starting a kind of V-formation with him at the lead. "Then, if we are to make the exchange of tricks and tips the focus -- Campanella, as the --" Oh, merde, he does not seem the kind to be vain but, one never knows with men, "Most established member here, what are the rules of engagement for these things? Are we, should a cabal be formed, going to pool knowledge freely -- or will we be merely discounting the price of apprenticeship?"

She was not great with names but she could spitball, "In spirit of giving, it could be known as The Exchange or something that represents this trade of knowledge, perhaps?"

Marguerite has Contacts in Fashion; Contacts and Allies in Religious Groups.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread