Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Have to agree with Bolide here. Our Sanctum should be private, as the Mysteries are private."

Campanella frowned.

"I like the cabin in the woods, should we find a Hallow close by. It would make the Sanctum more than just a place of study; it would be a place of rest and escape. A modern monastic cell. Or Ashram. Or... something." He let his voice taper off - not everyone was a priestly bookworm.

He detected the disapproval in Faye's voice.

"Not exactly. I was thinking we establish a Cabal in Rancho Cordova simply to keep tabs on the Circle in case someone or something attempts to make a move on it without our knowledge. And a walk in the woods sounded like a refreshing change."

He started walking again, then stopped and turned back around as if a thought had struck him.

"You seem to be suggesting a club of some kind. Charity starts with the individual. A club... might give you the profile you require to start your... network. If a big enough space was bought I'm certain a Sanctum could be incorporated in the more private areas."

He did not sound particularly enthused by the idea but he bought it up nonetheless. Personally he was warming to the cabin-in-the-woods. If he was going to build bridges with the Bay Mysterium he was going to have to get used to an outdoors lifestyle by the look of things.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

M
    Marguerite

She wasn't about to push the issue, though she felt similarly to Faye. If they couldn't keep Seers, let alone Sleepers, from mucking about their activities then the where of things didn't much matter. "If a truly private gathering is for the best, I will defer. My only concern is how it may look. I can only imagine what sort of nature group we look like now, let alone if we are ferrying ourselves back and forth to the middle of no where regularly." She gave it another moment of thought, "Though, everyone needs a summer home, even when it is nearly summer all the time."

A tinge of pink entered her cheeks with Faye's mention of those faint of heart. She'd tried to keep herself out of the specifics, but that was difficult in this new libertine world of modern life. "If it doesn't have a place on a grand stage, that is fine. I had no specifics and it is not my place to judge what others wish to see. But surely your name in attendance will help bring crowds and talent."

With the change of focus for the Sanctum itself she added. "Then we can make our plans once we have settled. It can be a side project to our other activities. Where it is in relation to our own workings depends on what we find suitable." She was indeed a fan of the Ladder's clear order, beyond her duties to it. "I can take the lead of Farseeker work. We will, of course, be working together on all matters -- as is in keeping with an Exchange. However, if there are duties that anyone feels passionate about, I say that we should make them clear. There is nothing worse than a missed opportunity simply because we all thought someone else was handling it."

A.k.a. Father Michael
    Archangel Michael
    NIMBUS

The Archangel:
    Wings of fire spread from his back when he works vulgar magic.
    Written in Death

Defense 5
    Speed 9
    Armor 2

Total Mana 10/11

Health:
    Mana:
    Willpower: (3 used)

Spells:
    [2]Supernal Vision[Scene]
    [4]Light Mastery [Scene]
    [1]Fireproofing - Tuesday, Chariot, Thrope and himself [Scene]

[4]Faye's Organic Shield -2 Armor/2 defense[Scene]

Active Spells:3
    Personal Spells:3 (-1 at spellcasting)

Doxx Count: 1

PRE

"Yeah, anything private, well hidden from curious passerbies and rivals and with a hallow in or arond it will do for us, I guess." Michael stops for a few seconds, and gets his smartphone. With a click, he gets a photo from the treetop. A small red bird.

"It wouldn't be hard for us to play the ragtag group of friends heading into the woods for camping. Shouldn't bring undesired attention."

He trips on a exposed tree root as he gazes upwards, a few more chirping birds getting his attention. "Oops... Better to keep my eyes down. So... We're almost settled on the general conditions. The only thing we lack is a base. For now. "

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Sounded like she was the only one not all about a cabin in the woods. Which was ok, whatever made them the most comfortable. “Suppose it comes to down to what makes people the most happy and comfortable.” For her? That was her loft.

Nodding, “Depends on what type of club too. Night clubs have an amazing energy to them.” But her fellow Ladder didn’t strike her as the night club type.

The hint of pink made the Shaman smirk, “It’s not that it doesn’t have a place in a grand stage, I’ve performed on such stages. Do you know what I do in my shows?” she asks, genuinely curious. “I’m a side show performer. Contortion, sword swallowing, fire eating and breathing, dancing with fire, even suspension. Which can make people a little squeamish.” Her tone was that of someone talking about the weather. She was used to people not liking what she did, and she didn’t care. “But I’m also willing to work with others as to what I do in my performances, so I’m sure we can work something out that will draw the attendance you want.” She adds with a wink. But her fans, those who knew her name, usually wanted to see the whole show.

She keeps quite on Cabal jobs, still on the fence about this.

“Am I the only one who’s shared Sanctums and never had a problem with them being private? Sorry, I’m just surprised that it seems to be a thing that Sanctums in the middle of the city can’t be private. I shared one with Vee Tee and another with TdS and never had security breached or an issue. Probably beating a dead horse here, but I just strikes me as weird.” There was a shrug as she shifts her bag to the other shoulder. “Not that I’m not open minded to where this is going, just wanted to voice the thought.”

Bolide

Nimbus:
    Light gathers and flickers around Bolide, and the roaring sound of a fast moving object like a jet or a meteor billows out from him.
    Bolide combat stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Michael gets a snap and point as he answers Marguerite's concern of appearances. Maybe it was a just a Maryland thing, but rural retreats in the woods were fairly unremarkable in both Bolide's personal and professional circles. Everyone needed space to detox on occasion, and everyone from outdoors men to presidents would find somewhere to escape to. Goddard didn't have an official getaway, but they did encourage hobbyists to network and find places together.

"What all is being brought to the table for cabal positions?" Bolide said as he looked around. Marguerite started the conversation, and while Bolide wasn't the most informed on the matter he still wanted to try and answer. "I have Matter and Prime, plus mostly mana from my hoodie for magic. I'm also good at building things, furniture or more something more defensible if need be."

Faye's side show talk elicited a blink. He did not know what suspension was, or why it would register as a faint of heart thing. Judging by his blank expression, the dots weren't connecting anytime soon that she was the one suspended or how that was done.

"Oh, sorry." Bolide's attention turned solely to Faye. "I wasn't insinuating that a sanctum couldn't be private in a city or elsewhere, but objecting to a public site like a camping ground as our home. It wasn't an urban or rural thing, but a who should have access or proximity thing."

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella leaned on a tree.

"Same here. I don't mind establishing a Sanctum in the city but I have... reservations about the Sanctum being so open to Sleepers. Too many things to watch and we don't want to breach the Veil."

He paused for a moment.

"I am an Adept of Matter and an Apprentice of Prime. And I've been Initiated in a few other Arcana," he added quickly. His eyes fell with curiosity on Bolide when the Obrimos revealed his source of mana. "Otherwise I am happy to invest time and effort into a Sanctum; I don't necessarily believe we all have to reside there but I'm happy to put considerable effort to it."

And after another pause where his finger moved to his lips as he thought.

"As for Cabal roles... I could see me quite comfortable as Lorekeeper. Not that I wouldn't be interested in trying my hand at Edgetender or Hearthmaster."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

M
    Marguerite

Marguerite relaxed with Faye's explanation of her work. In moving she'd heard talk of Madison Cross's costumes for her shows -- but she always had trouble knowing when 'contortionist' was a euphemism or not. She would not have blanched to hear it, she wasn't one to pass judgement, but knowing it really was circus work put her at ease. "Oh, no I didn't know that it was all that. It sounds a delight though. I would be most interested in seeing one of your next shows." With knowing that fully in place she added, "If within the idea of community outreach, there are many avenues. Perhaps an event to raise funds -- a talent show. You and a few others as judges. Such things seem to be everywhere on the television, surely there would be interest."

As the focus moved back to their skills and cabal questions she threw her own credentials into the mix. "I am a Disciple of Prime, Adept of Forces, and have been initiated into the workings of Spirit." The talk of privacy had become a sticking point and she offered, "I agree that we do not want to invite anyone to stumble on things they shouldn't. My suggestion of something open was to avoid question of closing boarders. Either out in the beauty of nature or in the comforts of the city, we can find ways to keep our private work as just that. What we do to support one another in plain sight can be separate."

She looked to Campanella as he listed what he might be willing to do. "As you and Faye are the most established, I think it would be fitting for one of you to take the position of Heart. Though, really, so much of this is just what you want to have on the badge, as it were. Whatever we take on to start can be rewritten, I just think there is something nice about every position being filled, even if we end up rotating duties as necessary." She hoped that would help put any buyer's remorse on position selection at ease.

M
    Marguerite

As she finished, it came to her like a vision. She saw in the group a family that she so wanted – but she had seen what she had done with her own born one. Her vigor drained and all the reasons why she was everything they said about her came true. She was just playing make believe in the forest. Her calling was elsewhere, though it pained her to know.

“I am sorry. I should not have wasted your time. I cannot offer these things. I should purge my ambition before I seek to work with others. You were kind to have welcomed me. Your faith deserves a stronger will than mine.”

Marguerite exits the scene and Venue.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Well, I’m an Adept of Life, and Apprentice of both Spirit and Matter.” Which she should look into building up. Matter seemed like it had a lot of fun spells she could learn. "And I'd like to learn Space at some point."

If she caught his blank expression after the mention of suspension, she didn’t let on. Todays discussion wasn’t about her profession, and she didn’t feel like explaining suspension.

Nodding to Bolide, “Oh, I totally get that. I was just curious.”

Though with what Campanella says, she wonders what he plans on doing in a Sanctum.

“With the weather warming up in the evenings, if I decide to have a show, I’ll give you a call.” She didn’t think Marguerite would find it ‘delightful’, but she could be wrong. “And I’m more than happy to do a community outreach or something to help raise money.” It could be fun, kind of a way to give back.

As the talk moved to positions within a Cabal, she remains quiet, still on the fence.

And then whoa, Marguerite throws in the towel and leaves.

She watches the blonde walk away before turning to the others,

“Uh, well, that was unexpected. Something I said?” her question wasn't a serious one.

Bolide

Nimbus:
    Light gathers and flickers around Bolide, and the roaring sound of a fast moving object like a jet or a meteor billows out from him.
    Bolide combat stats

+1
    SL
    PRE

Marguerite's departure was met with a mix of concern and confusion. Pity, but if she didn't feel welcome there wasn't much the apostate felt he could do. He waved farewell and returned his attention to the mages still left in the budding cabal.

"I'm good with Farseeker or Edgetender, depending on what others want." Gotta find your silver linings, and Bolide's was that Farseeker was open again. "I got a bit of money, and Prime and Matter sight can go a long way finding or maintaining valuable materials for the cabal."

The Theurgist's eyes look to Faye as she continues to speak on everything but the role she wants as well as his silent fellow Theurgist. "You two have any preferences on positions? We got our Lorekeeper, but that leaves four possibilities."

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread