Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Abandoned Things

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

What meet his eyes, is a neighborhood neglected to the extreme. A slice of land forgotten by all but a scant few.

After half a year gone, one of those few parks several block away as once was habit, but now needed a mental reminder to do so. Out of his town car, and walking the blocks, everything, it seemed was like it was, except the deceptive house that stood sentry Above the Kingdom Below. The house with it's faded siding, crooked shingles, and rotted wooden...everything, used to give way to a home that was worn, but clean and cared for. The furniture had once been newish, now each piece was rotten, sodden and home to vermin and worse.

Moving from the crooked door in the entry, through the decayed house to the living room, where once there'd been a pile of corpses, then a clean inviting space, had returned to the corpses once more. A mountain of animal bodies lay here, in varied stages of decomposition. Near the pile lay heavy stains of blood. Continuing on to the once familiar steps to the shadowy, out of the way corner where the Door sits. Still locked, and the only thing that that seems to still be cared for in this rotted ruin.

There's a faint hope, one clouded by cynicism and pragmatism, he doesn't truly believe that his next action with prove fruitful, but he tries and finds that his key still fits. Still works, Alice Hart hadn't changed the locks, and so Robert Cross enters the portal to the Realm Below.

Metal grated stairs lead farther down, and down, and down, until a landing abruptly shifts his momentum as he take in the fork, though the choice has already been taken from him. One path is open, the other's tunnel has collapsed. The open path leads to the Caldarium. The place She built. The dark serenity the bathhouse gives off already presses against him, only to recede, like the tide.

Eyes scan the area, the flames that Gilroy requested be kept lit is still flickering, off to the side is a very familiar sleeping bag, and sitting in the middle of the room is a figure, colored the water's glowing blue and the flame's flickering orange-red.

Alice sits meditating in the room, she hears footsteps, but there is nothing of Lyssa's lyrical voice to meet her ears. A familiar scent teases her nose - charred skin and burnt hair, but the Hunger gnaws at her, and this wouldn't be the first time she imagined something like this, and she knows it wont be the last either, so the Blind Doll moves not, and gives it no mind.
    Beautiful post! Especially the detail on both the neglect and events that have happened since Robert's departure!

Nicely done. Drama and RP potential aside, I'm glad to see Bacon is back since he's (or the opps he presents) have always seemed to inspire you to your best writing

#robice #alert #crossyourhartandhopetodie
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

0 Scenes

unlimited sink is a wonderful writer, and gives so much for my to play off of, and Robert and Alice have so much History now, that I don't need to placate the Muses, giving them ritual offerings for them to grant me a sliver of inspiration!

3. Likes Jaqen, unlimited sink liked this post

Katsuro Tomori

Genuinely the most creeptasticly awkward love-ish story I've had the pleasure of reading going on in that thread. Modern Gothic Romanticism at it's finest, stuff like this is why I came back. Totally shipping #robice.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

+ Reply to Thread