Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Just 'Prince Clarke' is fine."

Asa turned to the Shadow and arched an eyebrow. Speaking so openly of the Great Work was a bit of a surprise. It begged the question whether Maddox was ill-informed of the secretive nature of the Work or if he were simply fishing for a reason to be seen talking to the Prince privately.

"Do go on and tell me how your studies have progressed,"
    he finally said.

Chiding the man for speaking publicly would most likely result in him having to entertain the same conversation later at the Chapter House.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

2. Likes , White liked this post

"I have been reflecting on our first meeting at the Chapter house whilst studying some Lesser Works -- specifically Jung and his concept of one-eyed giants." He paused, "I am prepared to enact lasting change should we repeat the exercise, and am hoping you would be willing to oversee this." He knew the risks, and that having someone stronger than himself there to oversee would atleast midigate the risk to others.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

For a moment Asa was worried that Maddox would ask his opinion on Jung or the like.

Villiers would have loved this one.

"Ah, that is quite a step,"
    he answered. A first Chrysalis. "Of course I would, and hope that my presence would be only as a witness to a flawless Change. Will this be private or for the entire Academy?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

5. Likes , Yumyumcrow, White liked this post

"My hopes lie with yours in that regard, it will be an Academy of three," Jacob smiled softly, "I thought it would help our newest member, Jax Culmet, settle into the domain so I have invited him." He knew from experience that the initial connections were hard, and would never get easier unless one forced themselves to make them.

7. Likes Jaqen, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa turned away from the Mekhet, studying the other people at Court.

"Was that who you were just speaking to?"
    he asked. There. Like peas in a pod, Jax and Jacob. "That's quite hospitable of you. Will... Mr. ... Culmet be staying at the Chapter House or does he have his own lodging?"

There was a tone of approval that became a question without a Title to attach to the new Dragon. For Maddox' own sake, he hoped that indicated the other man was a Slave as well. Not for lack of Title, but the prospect of having multiple witnesses to a (potential) failure to Change could haunt the man for decades.

9. Likes White, Jaqen, liked this post

"Indeed it was." Jacob blinked in surprise, "I assumed his own lodging -- but I should not assume. An oversight on my part." Jacob smiles softly with a hint of embarrassment. "Just goes to show my inexperience." He was not so inexperienced, however, to fail to pick up on the Prince's pause surrounding Jax's name. "Apologies for the incomplete information, it is silly of me but I forget the importance of titles. Dr. Culmet is a professor at the state university and a Supplicant of the Void."

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ah."

For all of his time in the Invictus where he could parse titles without thought, the Dragons ciphers still gave him pause. A state he often found humorous given how maligned the Unconquered were for their insistence on formality when the Ordo Dracul made it seem like playing dress-up.

"And would that have any influence on your decision to attempt Change?"
    Asa asked.

Maddox might have found Asa's methods... unpleasant... but he'd never truly tasted how low a Slave could be treated. The new Supplicant might have alluded to such expectations.

K
    Katsuro Tomori

After a few brief moments, Tomori waited till he had an opening, and when he did he introduced himself, peeling away from the pair of beautiful but quiet women he attempted to talk with earier. He started with a bow, imperceptively deeper to most, than he had given the two ladies before. As he stood and looked upon the two men discussing openly what he felt was best reserved for a chapter house he interrupted, almost willfully to keep others from bearing secrets best discussed in less open places.

"Pardon gentlemen. I am Katsuro Tamori, of clan Ventrue. I seek acknowledgment and hope you will be more useful than my last attempt at finding a guide through court. My arrival coincided with this gathering without my planning for it. I'm sure you can understand how..embarrassing...that can be. " he smiled to show he was not so annoyed with the last two he attempted to talk with, and then gave a short nod of the head in respect to the two he had interrupted. The reserved mans voice rang true, he was simply hoping to be pointed in the right direction, nothing more. The fact they were likely Dragons had not been broached yet. Perhaps Katsuro was curious how they would act to the unknown.

...There was always a chance to study....

L
    Lyssa Wolfe

Her Lady had send her to gather the newest of new arrivals so she might oversee his...Acknowledgement, waiting for a moment so she might speak and not anger the kindred in conversation.

"Pardon me, but My Lady-Seneschal Hart can oversee your Acknowledgement, and aid you in settling in this fair city." she waits once more to see if the man, Katsuro Tomori would hear her words and let her lead him to Her Lady, "This way please."

Hope I'm not being presumptions! I'm just trying to speed things along!
    If Katsuro Tomori Jaqen follows, Lyssa will lead him here!

He was lost in thought when two more joined the fray, two separate Beast's reacting in turn. Yet another distraction so that he had a chance to formulate thought, he nodded in recognition, allowing Alice's ghoul to take over. After the pair leaves he turns fully back to the Prince.

"On some level, I believe I was waiting for an excuse, I do not intend to ignore the synchronicity. It will certainly help my resolve." Which would be very much needed with the coming change. "The majority of my apprehension is the appalling lack of uniformity in methodology. While I found the methods employed last time to be unsavoury, to say the least, I go forward with it due to my confidence in its efficacy." He grimaced, nothing quite like self-experimentation in the face of lacking evidence. It was academic lunacy at best, and a death sentence at worst. "The longer I think on the Great Work the less scientific it appears, it continually flies in the face of my a priori presuppositions." And there I go again...

"Sorry, in short it was the push I needed to plunge into an unknown that disquiets me. I don't suppose you'd be willing to give some insight on your path? or, might that defeat the point." Another question to thing on.

15. Likes West liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread