Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1704) J and J

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

"No hard feelings I hope, any questions about the Laws?" Jacob smiles wanly at the other Shadow.

2. Likes West liked this post
    z
    zapero12

As Jacob approaches Jsx pulls himself from his mind. There is business to be had.
    " No I was just reviewing them. I do apologize for my rudeness. Shall we begin? "

z
    zapero12

"I come to you today to humbly seek acknowledgment in this domain Priscus Maddox. My name is Jax Culmet Supplicant of the Void, I am of the Mekhet and the Ordo Dracul."

"Excellent to formally meet you, I am Priscus Jacob Maddox of the Mekhet, Castellan and Slave of the Ordo Dracul. You are forgiven, it's common for those first entering the domain to be on edge." He pauses to collect his thoughts. "In turn I apologize for the insensitivity of these questions, it's important to know, however. First, have you ever committed Amaranth or violated any of the other traditions in the past?"

6. Likes West liked this post
    z
    zapero12

"And it is a pleasure to formally meet you. I have never violated any of the traditions no. My master trained me well in that regard."

"Well that's the basics, you're ready to be a passable citizen of our Princes fine domain." He smiled easily, "just one last question, and feel free to take your time with it. What kind of Kindred do you want to be?" It was a question he was asked once upon a time, and he wondered how Jax would go about answering it.

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    z
    zapero12

Jax smiled and took his time thinking for a moment before answering, "No matter the problem I want to be the being people come to when they need an answer, and I want to be right."

Not exactly a threat to the domain, and he wasn't going to warn about the dangers of allowing ego to get in the way of learning and knowledge. He spoke quietly, "I acknowledge you into the domain Jax Culmet. That means that your actions reflect on me, which means I have a very selfish motivation to see you do well. Feel free to ask me for help if you need it."

He leaned forward, "observe court, observe the disruptions, observe the antagonism. As a Dragon and a scientist, I'm certain you can appreciate the importance of observation. We are Shadows remember it, if you take that advice to heart you'll do well. I don't mean avoid politics, I mean be careful why and who you anger." It was a trend, the new tried to find where they stacked on the totem pole and just how far their chains let them wander. Some went too far. They were on the outside looking in, and that was a very safe place to be.

12. Likes West, liked this post
    z
    zapero12

"I thank you for my acknowledgment."
    Then Heeding his advice closely Jax paused to take it all on before saying,
    " I will deal with my ego. It has been a problem in the past and I wish it not to be anymore... Now I should like to discuss later where in this city I might obtain some information. However for now shall we rejoin everyone?"

It seems he was sharper than initial estimation, Jacob hadn't even mentioned ego but it seemed Jax's hindsight really was 20/20. It was encouraging to see. "Feel free, first I'd like to extend the offer to show you the Academy and to invite you to observe my first Chrysalis. I have your number so I can give you a call to tell you when and where if you're interested. You can call me whenever you'd like to discuss the topic of obtaining information -- no guarantees for how much I can help, however. I don't know what kind of info you're after." Jacob gets up and brushes off imaginary dust before grinning at his cousin, extending his hand to shake once more. "I look forward to having a Cousin in the domain."

"I am going to go speak to the Prince about my Great Work, but feel free to mingle with the others. Best behavior!" His grin turned lopsided in jest. He then return to Court proper.

15. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread