Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1704) Eternal Court

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8
    K
    Katsuro Tomori

"I'm sorry for your loss. I hope Sacramento brings you a measure of peace." The words were genuine, Katsuro seemed to relate. Honestly though, who couldn't? You could go to every house in the world and death would touch them all. Granted, sometimes it didn't stick.

"Oni roughly translates to demon or ogre, in english." He said conversationally. "Beast, would also fit in english though only among kindred." Katsuros mind wandered briefly about how other dialects were affected. "The curse always spreads, even into the very words we speak it seems."

V
    Vivian York

"I'm really hope things improve, Your Majesty. But, if you are going to be leading them, then they are already in good hands." Vivian meant all of what she said, despite of her sadness with him leaving the Invictus just as she joined. But that was neither here nor there anymore. The Dragons were important, she knew that from past members.

So her smile would carry into her voice, she did as such when responding to Alice. "That is wonderful news for you, Alice. More family can be good sometimes." Her underlying tones of, unless they're a wanker were there.

"Peter is his name hmm... Carthian." The Daeva didn't quite know why people even bothered with that Covenant. The years she'd been in Sacramento, it seemed a moot point. "Is he amiable? Pleasant? Friendly even?" The wheels were turning in her head and her eyes looked at Peter again for a moment. She looked at Twist like she'd just been given a delightful challenge.

P
    Peter Byrne

"I appreciate it," Peter says equanimously. "It forced me to re-consider several long-held opinions. The logical thing to do would be to accept what positives I can salvage from the situation, but it is cold comfort."

"Fascinating. Which term is older, do you think? Would tracking the linguistic drift related to the Kindred condition across continents shed any light, so to speak, on the origins of the curse?"

K
    Katsuro Tomori

"Find me a man with strength and depth who knows no pain and I'll find you a liar in the same moment." Katsuro offered to Mr. Byrne.

Then something unexpected brought a smile. The mans follow up question. It was a good one and the Dragon couldn't help but be surprised by the apparent intelligence of the Carthian eye-candy, but the Lord certainly could see the Shadow for what he was now. Tomori reflected on this minor prejudice before he answered, he also took another moment to think of the shortest way to answer such a deep question without rambling. What was the American term? TL;DR.

"That would be fascinating research. There are of course different opinions, as with most Academia apart from the hard sciences....but I think Oni is a derivative of a Chinese word for Demon Gate, which is in turn based around an even older idea that evil spirits come from the frozen North. Coincidentally it is sunless in the North for nearly six months out of the year. It would be a worthy bit of research for a sharp mind."

P
    Peter Byrne

Peter produces a grim smile at Tomori's statement. "An interesting idea, considering that every one of us here are liars. We lie every night, because if we don't, our peers will hunt us down. Maybe that is why our society hold Prestation so highly?"

"Conversely, those same places are nightless for the other six months." Peter says in counterpoint. "The only kind of existence that our kind could manage in that environment would be as raiders, I think. With a concurrent erosion of their humanity."

"The night, however, wanes. It was a pleasant conversation Mister Tomori. Perhaps we can speak again another night." With that, Peter makes his farewells and exits court as the evening winds down.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Closing tomorrow! Get your final post(s) in!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

K
    Katsuro Tomori

"A substantially larger percentage of the humans in the time period we're talking about were warriors, raiders, highwaymen that sort of thing than there is today. I imagine you're quite right, truly ancient kindred? They would be very different than todays more refined blood. We're talking oh, perhaps as early as eighteenth century BCE." Katsuro said after Mr. Byrnes addition to their growing dialogue. Ever the thorough mind he was already going through the culture of the time period, lining up what that would entail for ancient kindred. Without the fear of the human masses, without video or camera, without nuclear devices and firebombs...what would have kept them in check? Tomori heard of Russian kindred embracing huns who then slaughtered their entire mortal encampment. What a different time for us.

So wrapped in thought was the Japanese Dragon that he almost didn't notice the departure of the Mekhet. He quickly followed suit, after briefly peering at his watch and agreeing about the time. "Yes, it is late. We must continue our discussion soon!" He said cheerily. Not wanting to follow a Shadow, the Dragon waited at the bottom of the stairs briefly to see if anyone else was near enough to catch his ear. After a few minutes the Lord would ascend as well and head to his hotel, complete with sun-proof curtains and do not disturb sign. Obviously because of the jet lag and different sleep schedules the Japanese man had to keep to discuss business back home. At least as far as the front desk was concerned.

V
    Vivian York

Vivian bids her adieus and heads out for the night, but not before she'd paused to scroll a note and pinned it to the board.

Vivian is off like a prom dress

Page 8 of 8 First ... 4 5 6 7 8
Closed Thread