Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Jax calls Jacob

THREADID
    z
    zapero12

Taking a stroll downtown Jax's dials in the number for his new Priscus, Jacob Maddox. He lets out a deep sigh as he hits the send button. It begins to ring.

He eyed the phone warily. He didn't want to have to stop reading. Maybe it was a mistake and they would hang up. He sighed melodramatically on the third ring and snatched the phone up glaring at the unfamiliar number.
    "Yes, hello?" He managed to sound only mildly miffed.

z
    zapero12

The phone rings three times, and with each ring bringing a twist to Jax's unbeating heart until there is an answer.

"Yes. Hello. My name is Jax Culmet and I am new to town. Being a fellow member of our illustrious order as well as my defined leadership in the area I thought it would be best to introduce myself to you before I had the chance to meet you upon the first of the month. Should you need anything from me I am always available at this number as well as at Sacramento State University, were I am employed. Should you need anything from me now I am happy to acquiesce."

"Happy to acquiesce" internally contradictory flowery language -- truly a fellow academic. He let himself grin at his own joke but didn't laugh.

"Perfect, I'll see you then. Have you settled in at the university yet? I can show you around the academy if you would like."
    He absently played with the corner of a page.

z
    zapero12

Curious as to how Jacob knew of the academy Jax's raises an eyebrow but saves his questions for later.
    "Sounds like a delight, if you'd be so kind to."

"I'm certain it will be, we can discuss details at the meeting. I'll see you then." Unless a further comment/question comes Jacob hangs up.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8

You do not have permission to view the list of names.