Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(Open) Window Shopping

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    L
    Lucian

Lucian returned the smile to Mhairi, "That would certainly help." Before he answered Sera, "Favorites -- I'm terrible with picking those. I'd say breakfast though, never turn it down. Can't take the country out of the boy, I guess, but there's just something about eggs and smoked meats. Not the fanciest thing in the world, sure, but can always throw in a croissant if someone wants to make a case out of it. What about you?"

He was happy to follow in Mhairi's lead, he'd come to the Gate to explore and having a tour guide made it infinitely more enjoyable. That and he was having a bit of private fun in meeting a few furtive glances cast over at the three of them and their collective looks. He licked at his lips with what they could get up to with a little aggrandizing and posturing. Just playing indoor picnic was nice too though and he put the thoughts aside as he slipped into the booth, making a point to let them settle in first. Not really out of a sense of chivalry as not wanting to insert himself so aggressively into their group, but if it landed that way he would take it.

He tried to give a sly peek into his wallet. He dithered looking at the relatively small collection of bills there. Oh whatever, like I'm saving for retirement. He looked up when his turn came around and requested, "A glass of the house white." Sure, sure his head was still a bit sore but some classy hair of the dog wouldn't hurt nobody. Whatever the two of them might think about drinks by daylight did spring up on him and he added, "And a glass of water. Thank you."

He balanced the drink menu back up on the table before spreading out the regular one, leaning over it to look over. He fiddled with one of the rings that littered his fingers, a plain silver band on his left pointer, while he considered the options. "Thinkin' something on the lighter side. I'm betting they know how to make a salad a real meal here." He pointed at one, a goat cheese, fruit, vinaigrette compliment to its greens. "Maybe this." He hoped neither of them would view that as a call to modesty. He genuinely enjoyed the monastery diet now and then, but he was rarely a fan of pretense over enjoyment, especially with food.

He left his menu open until the others closed theirs. He was in no rush. He settled into the booth and crossed his long legs beneath the table. His be-booted foot slipped up against one of their legs gently -- that or it was legitimately just the table's support. He made a show all the same, leaning to the side as if to look under, "Oh, sorry. Being gangly looks more glamorous in pictures." He leaned back in the booth as he followed up, "Thank you both. This has been a sweet welcome wagon. I should probably get all my papers finalized though. With our president out of town, who's the next best bet to help me make it official?" He knew the booth would let them be a bit more open but didn't want to push it when the server might pop up for their orders at any moment.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Grinning, “No reason we can’t do both.” She figured both would take time, but she wasn’t in a hurry and wasn’t going anywhere. “Least, as long as that’s ok with you.” Cause both hinged on the Wisp being cool with doing both.

The Treasured follows as Mhairi leads them out of the stalls. She wanted to keep shopping, looking for that red dress that it was decided she should get. But, there would be time for it, a little food would be a good thing.

The Nix also orders a coffee before picking up the menu.

Sapphire eyes peak at Mhairi over the menu, “That’s an excellent question, and I have no idea.” She says with a chuckle. “New place means new options.” And while she wasn’t really picky, there was certain foods she just didn’t like. “Hmmm..” she musically hums as her eyes roam over the menu.

When Lucian mentions breakfast being his favorite, the menu lowers, “Oh yeah! Breakfast foods are the best! I found this amazing and simple recipe online for a breakfast scramble with smoked sausage, cheese and various peppers! Cannot wait to make it for the house and see what everyone thinks!” She had been checking out recipes online lately, looking for ones that looked yummy, but were not too hard to make. “I would say breakfast foods are defiantly a favorite! Mhairi and I went to this amazing little diner and they had these strawberry pancakes that were to die for!” there was then a frown, “Damn, now I’m going to be craving those pancakes.” She cracked a smile before looking at the menu again.

Hearing him order wine made her realize how much she missed a nice glass of red wine.

Laughing, “I’m all for a salad being a meal so long as there is some meat mixed into it. Not that there is anything wrong with salad, I just like mine with steak in it.” And she really didn’t care what people ate, she just wasn’t a fan of rabbit food. “But it does sound yummy, I haven’t had a decent vinaigrette in a while.” It was hard to find a place that made it well.

“That would be Sasha, owner of the Blue Note, I can give you her number.” She did have to wonder who would wear the crown for their season. “She’s nice and easy to talk to.” At least in the Nix’s opinion. And she will take her phone back out, prepared to give him the number.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

The wisp's head bobs in agreement, "The House - Edna's, loves breakfast this is true. And breakfast for dinner is always a favorite." was that a hint for the Fairest's food plans, or what it a simple statement? "Oh...that sounds delicious. Can't wait for you to make it."

The Wisp laughs, "Oh yes, they are to die for. I've had all their berry pancakes, and they are all good. And you know what...I just remembered why forgot about the strawberry rhubarb pie we were going to have for dessert when weent to the diner." and considering how much they'd talked about the pie it truly was a surprise that they'd simply forgotten it at the end of their meal.

Fell-flames flicker up from the menu, "I like Asian food, stir-fry, curries. I'm a sucker for sushi." and now that she's settled she can afford actual sushi now. It wasn't a surprise when Sera ordered coffee the women told her how much of an addict she was, and seeing Lucian make his order, it wasn't a surprise either. The Lost as a whole were prolific drinkers, it wasn't just a pastime enjoyed by Springs. "But I do love pasta too." Which was said because her fell-flames caught the words 'Butternut squash ravioli' that sounded yummy.

Then a be-booted foot finds a target, and indeed the Wisps face flushes, her natural glow enhances the blush and makes the pink of her cheeks as illuminated as the rest of her flesh. Her posture straightens and she squeaks. Only relaxing, when Lucian's foot moves, and he makes his excuse. "Being five, three I wouldn't know." her voice still sounds a little squeaky.

She clears her throat. "Yeah, Sasha's your best bet. You can call her up, and get your paperwork finalized. On of my club members was late to the Winter Party and did his paperwork several weeks later."

But the fact that there wasn't any contenders for the Spring Crown was unsettling the Autumn Queen. If the Seasonal Cycle broke....what would happen to the Freehold?
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

L
    Lucian

"The boarding house life keeps sounding better and better." He hooked his elbow up on the back of the booth, leaning his cheek against his hand, happy to watch and listen as they got excited over breakfast possibilities. An eyebrow raised up at the mention of sushi. "Oh, I could use some recommendations for sushi. I was always squicked by it before I moved to the west coast. Actually gave it a fair shot and made a believer of me."

He kept his smile soft as he drank in the flush and fluster. He let his hand slip down from his cheek, grazing his lean neck lazily and leaving that trail of darkness to waft away, as he straightened up in his seat. "Same Sasha with the jazz club? Nice. That would be awesome, thanks." He said to Sera with the offer for the number. "I'll get in touch. Maybe even get some promotionals for your performance to throw at anyone cool I bump into. I mean, besides just trying to stay on her good side." He added a grin. He was guessing she really was a nice woman, if his fellow Spring courtier thought so -- but Winter he'd always been on his toes around when his cavalier tendencies could be annoying. Worse if it was a Winter Queen's annoyance.

When the server came back he did decide on the salad and put in the order. He took a hearty drink of his wine, savoring the faint punch of warmth before settling into toying with the glass stem between sips. Once they were alone again he'd ask Mhairi, "How is your club doing?" He was quick to raise up a hand, "Not to pry, ya know? There's just been a few ... let's go with 'unique' items I've been trying to track down. I've gotten a few leads, or what look like it from far away, but could use some help making sure I'm not stumbling into a bear's den or anything." He did deeply share the love of the occult, even if he rooted it more heavily in desire than fear. "Don't want to trouble if the library help desk is closed for renovations though."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Sera beams, “Also found a recipe for egg muffins! They are made in muffin tins, and are basically eggs, peppers and some type of meat. Sausage or ham, whichever is preferred. Figured they’d be great to have in fridge for when people are in a rush and want a quick breakfast or snack.” She was glad her first idea went over well.

The menu falls in front of the Nix, “Oh my god, we did! And it sounded amazing, ok, that’s it, we have to go back. Or I have to find a recipe and make one. But any excuse to go back works for me too.” There was a grin.

“Oh! Yes, pasta! We need to do a pasta night!” she could put away a bowl of pasta like no one, “I could eat pasta all day.” Of course she looked like she ate healthy, giving her trim figure. But this girl ate whatever she wanted, she also worked out a lot.

There was a giggle as Mhairi flushed, again. If she had known the Elemental was this easy to fluster, she would have tried sooner. She wasn’t exactly a giant, but was taller than Mhairi, so she couldn’t understand short people problems.

“Well, guess you’re going to just have to come stop by.” Or stay, she was fairly certain Mhairi had already mad that offer.

Chuckling, “It will be my first public performance on a stage in some time, so I’m not sure if it will be worth promoting.” Though she knew she’d put on a stellar show, there was the possibility of not doing as well as she could. “But if you do that, then I best start practicing and making sure my voice is still up to par.” She adds with a wink.

Having pasta on the brain, Sera put in an order for lasagna when it was her turn to order. And as the conversation shifted to the Elemental and her club, Sera add some cream to her coffee. Raising it to her lips, she carefully sipped it as she watched and listened to the talk. This was Mhairi’s thing, so she was content to listen.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Edna's really is great." always quick to agree about that. "Mikuni's or Arigato Sushi would be my top picks."

A soft 'oh' escapes the wisp, "I think I've seen that recipe online somewhere before. It sounded tasty. I'm glad you found it!" chirps the Wisp, before she laughs, "Maybe we should do both, go back to the diner and grab a slice or two and bring them home and try and recreate it...for science!"

"Oh for sure we have to do a pasta night, but not tonight, or tomorrow." seeing the Nix ordering a lasagna , and her fell-flames never straying from the line of text telling of the wonderful butternut squash raviolis. Which of course Mhairi orders when the waitress comes back around.

Their menus are taken away and Mhairi smiles, before returning her attention back to the Springs at the table.

"My Club?" Mhairi sighs, "Recently our greeter left. Nathan." she explains to Sera. "Though Pippin seems to be doing well, settling in. He arrived just before you did, Lucian." there's a soft glow of pink as Mhairi says his name. "Though, it's safe to assume that if it's a special something you're hunting down, Morgan, Pippin and I would definitely be up to go hunting with you."

A frown. "Our library's seen some recent losses. Water damage mostly." Rick, Terri, Ava. All of them gone and so went their contributions. "But as soon as your paperwork is all up to snuff and you're doubly approved. You can see what are pitiful collection boasts."

L
    Lucian

He made a mental note of the restaurants before chuckling at the sound of reverse engineering some dishes. "Oh, once everything gets sorted, I will be making a visit, definitely. How could I miss great chefs at work?" He kept his smile thin, not wanting to make any assumptions about skill but had a feeling the event would be a riot. "I could pitch in a few bottles of wine for a dinner like that. I can't cook but I can pair a wine or two." At least he thought he could. It all tasted like boozy grape juice, but he didn't hang out with enough connoisseurs to have gotten called out on it -- Yet, anyway.

"I don't think you have anything to worry about. Your voice is something else and I haven't even heard you sing. Besides, these days people will be impressed so long as you aren't lip-syncing. I don't have to go full barker about it, if you're nervous. I'll be there cheering either way." His flat delivery didn't lend itself to cheering but he could make a ruckus when he had to.

"That'd be sick, thanks"
    He grinned with the offer for help. He didn't actually think he'd need the help, he thought far too highly of himself for that. The chance to get a little closer to the kinds of secrets he found forever tempting was different. "It was going to be a gift for our president, something to put a bit more Spring in the air. It'll have to be more of a secret Santa affair now from the sound of it. Having some real backup in the search would be excellent though."

He gave a genuinely somber nod to hearing they were having some trouble too. He'd been told rumors of Sacramento having some rumblings, he hadn't expected it to be so widespread in the courts though. "Bummer. I'm be it's still impressive for the rest of us. I do have a few trinkets I've managed to squirrel away." He was always thankful when their own terms didn't need any other veils. "I'd be willing to part with one for the privilege. A little something to get it back on its feet and moving in the right direction." They weren't trinkets so much as baubles, but he wasn't about to qualify anything he owned as junk. A bit of goodwill didn't seemed like a fair enough trade in his mind. He was betting he'd have his eye on much the same as at least some of the Autumns, he'd much rather that be as friendly as he could manage.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

The Nix attempts to look serious, which wasn’t too successful due to her grin, “Wonderful idea! Because of course, science!” joining in with a laugh.

“No?” she asks, looking disappointed with a pout, “I don’t see anything wrong with having pasta multiple times a day or many days in a row. But I’ll concede and promise not to make pasta tonight or tomorrow. But no guarantee that I’m not making a stop on the way home.” She liked what she liked and didn’t care about the carbs or what anyone else thought.

Nathan left? What the hell? "Uh, when did he leave?"

“Hmmm, wonder what wine would pair with scrambled eggs?” she asks with a smile, “Oh! You could also do mimosa’s!” she suggests, knowing those are always hit. “I’ve also been meaning to try some stir-fry recipes I came across.” In the past she had been to restaurants that served breakfast along with a full bar. So it was thing.

Laughing, “I still can’t believe lip-syncing is a thing for people. I’d rather not perform than do that, it just seems like such a way to let your audience down. So no worries about that from me. It’s just mainly nerves for singing in a new location for an audience I don’t know. I got so used to a specific audience that it’s always a little scary with something new.” She knew she could nail any performance, but she was trying to be more humble about her gifts. Springs got a bad rap for bragging, and she didn’t want to be lumped into that anymore.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Her fell-flames flicker, an idea coming to mind as Lucian speaks. "We did a Luncheon once, we had it catered, but maybe with all of us cooking more often, we could host another one, and have Edna's residents take care of the menu, guests of course, could bring the wine." Turning to Sera, "No, or at least for me. To much pasta tends to make me uh." fell-flames flicker to Lucian as she drops her voice to a whisper. "Bloated."

"I've heard Sera sing, and it was something." Mhairi mind drifts back to the moment when Sera took the stage. "I'd most definitely spend more time at the Blue Note just to hear you sing."

The cheery flicker of her fell-flames leaves as she turns her mind to Nathan. "Recently. Mumphert told me his room's empty...and that he didn't leave a note." maybe he needed a fresh start, his presence had always been scant, but lately, it had been less then that.

"Mimosas, screwdrivers, bellinis, bloody marries...Irish coffee, grown up lemon aid, there's a lot of booze to pair with brunch." comes Mhairi's chirp, and what did it say about Autumn's Queen that she was able to rattle off that many things that quickly.

Turning back to Lucian and his quest to find something, she nods, and understanding hum escaping her throat. "Well, if you want to do a solo search that can be arranged, but I know my club members will be willing to help." Mhairi nods, as she fixes her coffee, "Sacramento's like that. People come and go...most of everyone I met when I first arrived are gone. There's only Sasha, Morgan and Green left. It's been...weird. Sometimes I still think I should call someone who hasn't been here for months, just because I've thought of something that might interest them." after she finishes mixing her coffee, she takes her first sip.

Smiling at the shadowsoul, and giving him a playful wink, motes of flames escaping her eyes. "Presents are always accepted be they trinkets, or baubles, or even Tokens..." she knew she was probably reaching with the Token but one never knew, unless one asked.

ooc

10. Likes Orianna liked this post
    L
    Lucian

He continues to nurse his glass of wine while the meal and booze possibilities rolled in. He sat back as they talked about Nathan and the other MIA Lost, adding at the end, "That's how it always is with us, isn't it? Just when you get to know someone, Fate gets pushy and it's back to square one." Not that he could be too terribly sorry for them when it left a cozy room to crash in. Whatever this Nathan had gotten wrapped up in worked out well for him, which really should happen more often in his opinion.

"I hear the nerves never really go away, but they say it's part of the magic," he offered to Sera. "Keeps everything fresh. Worse thing that happens is they won't like it. No one throws tomatoes anymore -- not that I'd know what bombing feels like. Closest I've gotten to the stage was as an usher and still had a panic attack."

He smiled to Mhairi hearing that, "Only a trifle, really, but could make for nice decor if nothing else." He added his own wink in return, it appearing as a minor shift from behind the murky veil over his eyes, the glitter of light at their edges catching hints of green from the fell-flames directed his way. "Strength in numbers. Plus, picnics are nice for getting to know people. Could pass on any ants though." Especially when they were Wyrd infused nightmares.

"How'd you even get to be in charge of a boarding house, anyway?"
    He asked the Autumn Queen, that he still didn't realize was the Autumn Queen. "Unless Edna was some great, great aunt, that's gotta be a story and a half." He sipped at the wine, trying to stretch it out now that it had fallen past the midway mark, at least until the food arrived. "It's not built on some ancient burial ground or anything, right?" It sounded great but getting sucked into purgatory through television static wasn't on his bucket list. Casper would be okay though.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread