Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Blind and the Starving

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Bea
    Bea

PRE

A black town car pulled up to the Nox, the limo driver given explicit directions to pick up a "Madame Hart". Apparently he was also given instructions not to speak too much, for beyond the necessary courtesies, the driver simply drove, guiding the car smoothly down the streets of Sacramento and into the neighborhood of Arden Arcade.

"3207 Merrywood Drive, as requested," the driver announced once the car pulled to a stop. "Oh, and your friend is here."

A moment later, the car door opened, and the Seneschal felt the mewling Beast of the city's youngest (and most troublesome Daeva), just as she heard the smug sound of her voice.

"Welcome, Madame Hart. I'll bring you into the house, and then we can begin our discussion."
    Bea ("Bee"). Daeva, Carthian Movement. Pres 2 (Unimpressed).

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Before Alice left her office to wait for the car Bea was sending, she changed out of her outfit she'd worn to the Nox. Instead of a skirt, Alice now wore a pair jeans and a blouse under a leather jacket. Lyssa told her the pants were a dark wash - black, her blouse was red, and her jacket, as white as her flesh. It seemed Lyssa had been using her credit card to add pieces to her wardrobe.

The sound of a vehicle's approach had Lyssa telling her just what vehicle the Daeva had sent to her, Alice was shocked, she'd expected an uber, not a limo. Alice wondered what Bea was playing at.

Slipping into the back, Alice left her ghoul at the Nox to continue the filing they'd been in the middle of. Honestly Alice probably didn't have to do it, but it made her laugh a little. It seemed like it wasn't only the Prince that received love notes, pleas and the like from the Herd and varied kine in the know. Alice didn't believe a word printed, but it was nice for her ego, even if the writers only wanted the eternity that Alice could grant them. If those blood dolls knew what kind of cursed life Alice could offer them she knew they'd flee.

"Thank you." Alice tells the driver once he makes his announcement, the door opens and Alice frowns. The Wraith hissing, writhing, there was no one where. Just some meat, oh so very easily dealt with, and the annoying tick, playing at being a wasp around the myriad of creatures that would happily eat the annoying insect for lunch.

It was tempting, but Alice didn't give in. She never gives in. Instead she slips out of the car, and nods at the Daeva. "Thank you, Miss Cannoli." hello dessert. "Lead the way." yes, show me your back.

I have no idea why Alice is being this catty, but it's fun.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

4. Likes Cayce liked this post

Bea
    Bea

PRE

Alice couldn't see it, but somehow, she knew that Bea was smiling as she lead Alice into the house. Or, perhaps it was just a guess, one that the sound of Bea's voice confirmed when she spoke next.

"I apologize for misspeaking over the phone,"
    the Daeva said, closing the door once they'd both stepped across the home's threshold.

"I do realize that you cannot see, but when it comes to matters like this, sight is not our most important sense. None of the five are. But, being a kindred who prays, I'm sure you better understand. So tell me, Alice, what do you feel?

"Or," Bea continued, striding into the living room, "perhaps you'd like to know the history, first, so you'd know what you sensed. You see, the former occupants of this house have fled. Driven out by the stain left by the horror that had been committed here. In this house, five people were slain. A mother, a friend, and three children, one who had not even seen his second year. And yet, their killer, reveled in their deaths. He cavorted among their remains, drinking their blood and feasting on their flesh. Can you imagine it? A depraved killer, dancing with an infant's intestines wreathing his head, with the flesh of the mother dribbling from his lips and girding his loins?"

Bea paused, then, to let that image, nay, that understanding build within the Seneschal's mind.

"Can you sense it?"
    Bea asked, once she deemed the silence to have built too long.

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Tone had become infinitely more important to Alice, then it had been a year ago. By tone she was learning to read the room, when once her eyes could do the same. There were those who've learned to moderate their tone, just as there have been those who've learned to watch their body language, so with everything Alice heard, she had to take it with a grain of salt, but with little miss dessert...Alice knew that the smile in her voice was apparent on her lips and with the smugness the women had greeted her with wouldn't have left this soon, and Alice would bet that it was a smug sort of smile.

As for the apology, Alice nodded her strings pulled nod. Had Bea called her Seneschal over the phone, the first thing out of Alice's mouth was a hope that Bea hadn't been in public. Though, with the time spent with the belligerent Daeva, Alice knew her to be smarter then Maddox, that's for sure.

As Bea speaks, the first thing to cross Alice's mind is, of course, what dose this have to do with the Brood? But the Daeva continues, and Alice listens, because she cannot do anything else. Alice imagines the blood scent in the air, the walls and floors slick with fresh blood before they're stained red.

Alice can picture the carpets pulled up, and replaced, the walls scrubbed with a futile effort, before the wallpaper's been torn off the wall, the only solution is a fresh coat of paint. Her mental image of the pitcure Bea paints for gains texture and detail. This revelry and killing isn't something she's partaken in, but, she knows that other kindred, and Acolytes have.

"Stepping into a house and hearing you describe an event that might have or haven't taken place. No. I can't." It's the truth, if Alice knew whether the murders had taken place, and if she had time to examine the area her answer would be different. "What does this have to do with the Brood? Was the killer one of them?"

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"Oh, it took place, here," Bea insisted, the words spoken with a smooth confidence that Alice had not heard last they'd spoken in court.

"3207 Merrywood Drive, the second killing ground of the Sacramento Vampire, Richard Trenton Chase. Or, that was what the press called him. He was kine. Whether he was a servant of the Brood, I don't know. That's not why I brought you here. I brought you here because you seem awfully eager to offer dismemberment and violence. I thought, in this house still said to be haunted by terror and death, I would ask you what, exactly, separates you from the likes of the Brood?"

9. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

A strings pulled nod meets Bea's insistence that the killings took place here, the confidence her voice exuded had Alice believing her.

Alice had never been one to one to pay attention too or research serial killers, and that had not changed with her Embrace. There was always something more pressing then to discover a city's history, and the events that might have been perpetrated by kine, or more likely kindred, or by far stranger monsters.

As Bea finishes speaking Alice's mouth opens, ready to bark out that she's nothing like the Brood. But it closes with a click.

So this, was Bea's next move.

"I'm not eager for dismemberment and violence. I do not delight in either. You brought me here, not because of the Brood threat, but because you're still upset about the warning I gave you. That, was so you'd watch what you say in Court. The Prince's Elysian Laws sate that gentle behavior is expected at all times within Elysium. You agreed to that when you agreed to live here. You can be as belligerent and rude to me as you like, I don't care, but only as long as it's outside of Elysia."

Alice lets that sink in for a moment.

"I gave you a warning, and it defused what could have lead to your staking. Do you understand that? I gave you a warning, instead of ripping your tongue out and pinning it to a wall like others who do delight in pain and torture would have. We are not kine. Me taking your tongue and watching over the muscle that gets you into so much trouble for a while, wouldn't have been permanent. I would have given you a sentence. Probably a mouth, maybe two without it then it would have been yours once more.

"Dose that sounds like the monster you think I am? That the Brood are?"

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"I drew you here with talk of the Brood because they are related to the issues we are presently discussing Bea countered, her voice growing sharp.

"As you said, our reasons for violence are not the same as the Brood. There is purpose and intent beyond the simple sating of our most bestial desires. I would caution, you, however, because so far, I am not convinced that your intent is much elevated beyond theirs. Allow me to illustrate why," the Daeva continued, striding closer to the sightless Haunt.

"Upon our first meeting, the Reeve percieved offense, and so I offered her a favor out of good will to rectify the matter. I've spent over twenty thousand dollars in pursuit of fulfilling what she asked, and there will be blood spilt yet before the task is done.

"Upon our next meeting, I walked into court to find foreign kindred yelling and causing a disturbance. Instead of fleeing, I offered my assistance, and in doing so revealed that that fucking peacock from Court, Stax, had brought nothing but death, trouble, and lies. He sired a fresh welp and set them loose in his Domain, using the bumbling young fangbanger as a scapegoat for muders either he, or his allies, had committed. And, when the unschooled childer made its way into our Domain, poaching our Kine, and revealing our nature to them, he left the mess for us to pick up. But what did the Reeve do? She used that for political leverage within her covenant, rather than seek to uphold our laws."

"As she is Reeve, however,"
    Bea continued, I abided by her decision. And then, once the call came to eradicate those fucking Brood, I again sacrificed my resources to aid us, and more importantly, I killed two of their number with a fucking hand gun. And yet, with all of that, I am stll denied the right to even be addressed properly, let alone protest the insults given to me by someone, even if they are in a position of power."

"Does that not seem at least a little monstrous to you?" Bea asked next, pacing away, barely restraining herself from letting the momentum of the rant carry her away.

12. Likes Yumyumcrow, , West liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Deava's tirade is sharper then a knife, but it's not the tone but the information contained within that sets the Seneschal off balance.

Bea draws herself closer, her sharp voice piercing, and the breath needed to speak, expelled against bone pale skin.

It was being coming clearer that someone was lying to the Haunt, and Alice hoped it wasn't her Coterie mate.

Sucking in a breath she didn't need, the Wraith's icy coils tightened before loosening, it's ice erecting a wall between her and the world. It's cold clarity was just what she needed now.

"When, did you first meet the Reeve?" Is Alice's first question, "I thought it was in my office when I asked for your help with the Brood threat."

A heavy silence follows as Alice tries to wade through the sharp words, "I wasn't informed you were involved in the indecent with Strax. What exactly happened, who else was involved?" she asks to find out if the Daeva was lying, To her knowledge, it was just Emma, Jesse, and Ale.

To hear that Ale settled for political leverage instead of upholding the Laws of the Domain, didn't sound like the Alessandra she knew, but the Italian was a changed women after the death of her Cousin, Brittany. More hesitant to resort to violence. She'd also joined the Invictus after however long as an Unaligned kindred...

"Monstrous...no. I wouldn't use that word. I thought you were being a rude, belligerent neonate fresh to the Domain, with a list of demands, that you expected to be met because you are Daeva, or a Carthian." a pause. "A child screaming at the world, then running to daddy when the world didn't conform to your whims." An exhaled that might have meant to be a sigh, "Apparently there's a whole lot more to it. I knew you've have offered your assistance, using your own finances, and other resources to aid us. I apologies for...ignoring that effort." another pause, trying to impress her sincerity, even if everything about Alice would lead Bea to think the opposite. "I used Connolly because the Reeve called you that, and I didn't know that Connolly is attached to a kine identity." She didn't want to appear to renege on her position, but she didn't want to continue a conflict with the women if it could be avoided. "In Court, if you act polite, I will not take your tongue, or ask the Reeve to do it for me. Outside of Court I don't care how you act, as long as you don't brake any Laws...Bea."

Bea
    Bea

PRE

A profound silence met the Haunt's words. A silence that no doubt hid the seething rise of...something in the young Daeva standing opposite the Seneschal, for when Bea spoke next, her voice was controlled once again, yet it was no less intense than it had been moments before. Thankfully, the Haunt had already heard far worse.

"When I first met the Reeve, I was hunting by the Golden 1 Center. Ishani Naetesh and Twist were there, as well. Sad as I am to admit it, Naetesh out-hunted me.

"And,"
    the Daeva continued, "when Stax made his first appearance in court, I was there along with the Carthian Doctor that fled after he was consigned to the barons, as well as Jesse, Deputy French, two of Stax's henchmen, and the Reeve, of course."

"If you ask your questions with care,"
    Bea cautioned, "then you will find what I tell you is true."

She broke off for a moment, taking in a loud breath, as though she were savoring some scent upon the air, and then continued to speak.

"Or don't ask any questions. I don't really care. It's clear to me that you're already the Prince, and the Invictus' bitch. You may play at being some holy woman, but obviously you bark and come running when they call. And here I thought it was the lance that valued submission."

The gun runner gave a derisive laugh.

"Behave, you say. Sit. Roll over. Maybe you should give me a fucking treat first, Madame Seneschal. Maybe then I'll be more keen to do your party tricks."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"And why would that cost you over twenty thousand dollars?" Alice asks, as her mind tries to rationalize what the Daeva was telling her. Why would Ale lie to her? "What did the Reeve want?"

Alice shakes her head, it's sharp and jerking. She needs to focus on the here and now.

"I will be asking questions. I realize that my assumptions have been clouding my perception of you." Emma's...gone. Jesse and Matheson's leave taking...it seemed like the only other person she could talk to was Strax.

Was it just Alice's imagination, or was there still the blood scent in the air? Was that the scent Bea was savoring? Was she just a vampire, or was she the sort of monster she accused Alice of being?

Bea's sharp and piercing voice continues. Striking truer then Alice assumed the Daeva meant it too. Alice always wanted to be invited to the Invictus. She never thought that she could be worth their notice. A jealous little Haunt, always wanting, wanting, wanting. Too weak and stupid to make anything of herself. When Gilroy invited her to that lecture, she might have exaggerated her revelations, and that initial spark of faith.

She was lost and alone. Joining something meant she didn't have to be either anymore. Then to see if the Bishop wanted her she flirted with the Circle, in public. She gave her his blessing to pursue her faith, and since her questions and his blessings were a public thing she followed through.

Then the Summer Solstice firebombing happened and there a perfict excuse to abandon her budding faith, but eyes fell to ash soon after. And Alice didn't know what to do. All but Robert had left her, and she was nearly alone in the darkness. That little bud, that growing spark grew. Grew so mighty that she had to do something about it.

She proved herself, and her faith and returned to Sacramento a fully initiated member of the Circle of the Crone.

"I am trying to be a rational adult here. Obviously something you know nothing about." A pause, the span of several mortal heartbeats, "I am the Prince's Seneschal. That comes with certain responsibilities. It's not just about having power and playing it. I fulfill my duties to the best of my ability, and if I can't, or wont. I am not fit to be Seneschal. If you could see beyond your own preconceived notions, you'd understand that."

16. Likes Cayce liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread