Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 17
DISPLAYED
A Union Fare

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

0 Scenes

"What? Just like that?" Increasingly, this granny didn't seem like the sort to seize the day, or even know what that meant.

Didn't she mean to slow for secretary work? Being a secretary wasn't all sitting on your ass and answering phones all day.

Eyeing the bag, Jordan marks her away from ghoul to serial killer with that one sentence.

"So...what kinds of people have you met?" and what have you done with them?

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Everyone. Ha. Ha. Ha."

Was it a laugh? Was it a statement? Was it a nasal claw rasping across a black board? Heaven help Robin's ears, Batman!

"I have grabbed business people. Kids coming home from parties. Kids going to parties. I always keep an eye out for the nice old ladies. Make sure they get home safe. I had to get rough once with a drunk and a..."

The old lady paused for a long stretch.

"... Hipster... Couple. Once. They seemed to think I should know where the new celebrity chef with the smashed avocado twist was at. Do I look like a know gourmet food?"

The batty old bag turned again, her gourd-shaped face slick in the hostile street lights. The taxi veered off the road onto the pavement. Sighing she turned back at the last minute and drove around the industrial lot rather than wrestling the vehicle back onto the road.

"I am a leaf on the wind."

Was that supposed to be a whispered prayer or a statement of fact? The loud monotone's volume did not dip.

4. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

Jordan sucked in a breath closed her eyes, and fought through the flinch that horrible voice wanted to cause.

"Figured you'd have taken kids to and from parties." At least they were taking cabs.

Did the bag say that like she wasn't an old lady?

"You roughed up a drunk?" still that incredulous tone. "You do not seem the type." not that she seemed like a sweet o'lady that wouldn't hurt a fly but she did look like a drunk, no matter how wasted they were could out maneuver her easily.

"Yeah. Hipsters are the worst." Kelly thought they'd been conceived by an unholy union between a fairy and a something. Jordan had been a little too drunk to remember what the other women said.

Then comes the pavement, and the lot. "Uhhhhh...." there are no words. Zero of them. She totally got into a cab with a crazy person. And she might die.

"So. Firefly?" Jordan asks after a movement fearing for her life. "That's a quote from Firefly isn't it?"

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The old lady honked a laugh.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Yeah that show was alright. Wish it didn't have a small run. Star Wars passed by me and I never got Star Trek. But Firefly was alright."

At least the tubby lady was focussing back on the road, her face pressed to the windscreen.

"Yeah. So I took on a drunk. Not saying it was easy. But I got my ways. And I got lucky."

Heading onto the final stretch now - the industrial lots gave way to housing as the taxi wove toward the Deep Water Canal. Beyond the suburb the industrial zone of the docks waited.

And the old bag was sloooowing down again.

"You sure you wanna be dropped were you said? Those dockside warehouses aren't safe after dark." Was there a note of concern in the old lady's monotonous nasal screech?

8. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

Hearing this monster-serial killer-granny talk about TV like she's a normal person makes Jordan do a mental double take. Maybe the granny has a brain issue that makes her all....yeah.

"I keep hearing how awesome it was, but I've only seen the movie. I liked it. Maybe I should just take the time to watch the show."

Jordan frown, because with how close the bag's face is pressed to the windscreen, makes it seem like she's got the wrong prescription..which explained off road portion of the drive.

"Luck." Jordan nods, she understand about getting lucky. Hell most nights it's why she still has her head.

"Yeah. I'm meeting a buddy." she points to a pickup on the street. Jordan didn't know if it was Bruce's but she new the man would be here. Same with the others who'd slowly be trickling in. "He wants my help to move some things, set some stuff up. Paying like a fifty or a hundred I think." In food. Long nights like these definitely needed food.

Once the cab gets close enough, and slow enough. Hell it might even stop. Jordan pulls out her wallet, checks the meter and gives Connie a handful bills. "Thanks for the ride."

The Hunter slips from the cab and moves with a quiet confidence to one of the buildings.

Hey, this was fun! And if you want to keep going, I could have Vi (or another 'ling, maybe a Spring!) hailing a cab, then you can explore the more changeling aspects of Connie!

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"That will be ____. Thank you. Have a nice night."

The monotone was not particularly enthusiastic.

Connie hung around for a few minutes while she stashed her cash and checked her logs. With a long drawn out sigh, she rolled her taxi off into the night.

We should totes do another Shard in the future. I think I like this toon

11. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

For sure! I'm liking Connie too! (Even if Jordan thought she was cray cray) Just tell me when and I'll have another toon ready to hail a cab!

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread