Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1703) Formal 3

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Circle of Creation, Nave

The Circle of Creation serves as the social center for the Magi of Sacramento. Within the imposing Gothic structure are designated spaces for each Order to hold Caucus. All who participate in the Pentacle are welcome here. All who have been recognized by the Consilium have the right and obligation to attend when a formal meeting is called. The Wise will formally gather once more to deliberate on the state of their community.

It's been two months since Truce left Sacramento after being named Hierarch. The rift that caused Crowley's death is still open, radios are being stolen, and Andrew Cunanan is being hunted down like a rabid dog. But what of the Awakened society? Some might want to re-build the formal structure that's fallen apart... again. Some might simply see it as a time for everyone to meet face-to-face and simply leave it as a meeting of two cabals and solitaires.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

2. Likes , wilsonns, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Strix

PRE

Strix was sitting in one of the pews within the Circle, momentarily busying himself with his phone as he waited for the official meeting to begin. There were a few new mages around, from what he heard, though he hadn't met any of them just yet. Since it was an official event, Strix did come dressed accordingly, opting to come dressed in all black suit, button up, and tie. Only his hair didn't quite fit the image, lacking any form of styling he previously had gone for when these meetings came up.

Not that he thought it wouldn't be necessary to actually make an effort — but he's been around long enough by now to gather that the mages here weren't exactly the uptight sort.

Which, honestly, suited him just fine.

He had no knowledge just what would be discussed during the meeting, but he wouldn't be all to surprised if it came down to just talking and sharing gossip again. Essentially, what the last big meeting had boiled down to — one where they actually did have a Hierarch around.

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

This would be her third Formal Consilium gathering since she'd come to Sacramento, but it was her first since Time went wonky and Faye's path change which lead to her being Acanthus Councilor. Since. Only Acanthus left standing. Buuut. Since Faye's Acanthusness was only a memory of a timeline that wasn't, did that mean that she's always been the Acanthus Counselor? Or would it have been July before he went overboard on the Titanic?

Was that why he went overboard? There was a reason why Tuesday voted for Faye when she first got here and not the psycho urban cowboy.

She was going to have to sit down and try and track the changes their Time Traveling was causing, and just what changes their future Travels had rippled and changed the Trips they'd already taken. Thinking about it, Tuesday could understand why Time gave some a migraine. But. Not this Dauntless Traveler. her Soul sang in the weft and weave of Fate and Time.

Whatever was the Truth of this weird timeline, it blew. It totally meant that she had to pay attention to the bickering part of the day, and that she couldn't pay more attention to peanuts and eating them.

Sucks

Wearing a different, but still awesome faerie slash elfy ear cuffs, this time with one hundred percent more feathers. Or feather-like bits, and and gasp! a dress. Well more like a skirt with a top. But still. It wasn't pants.

Walking passed the empty pews, her steps in contrast to her outfit since she wasn't wearing outfit appropriate shoes, but her normal boots.

"Hey Strix." a hand's brought up to wave at the Moros. "Did you do something different with your hair?"
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

A.k.a. Father Michael
    Archangel Michael
    NIMBUS

The Archangel:
    Wings of fire spread from his back when he works vulgar magic.
    Written in Death

Defense 5
    Speed 9
    Armor 2

Total Mana 10/11

Health:
    Mana:
    Willpower: (3 used)

Spells:
    [2]Supernal Vision[Scene]
    [4]Light Mastery [Scene]
    [1]Fireproofing - Tuesday, Chariot, Thrope and himself [Scene]

[4]Faye's Organic Shield -2 Armor/2 defense[Scene]

Active Spells:3
    Personal Spells:3 (-1 at spellcasting)

Doxx Count: 1

PRE

Michael arrives at the circle slightly different than the last time. Instead of a leather jacket, jeans and boots, he wea grey suit and red tie and a pair of leather shoes. Probably the result of attending to another ceremony prior to heading to the Circle.

He waves and smiles at the girl as he arrives. "Hey there, Tuesday."Yeah... It's Tuesday. The Obrimos spots a new face. Maybe not new to the Consilium, but it's surely new to the Archangel.

A short walk brings himself closer to the stranger, and as he did a lot of times during the last meeting, he extends his right hand for a shake. "Guess I didn't met you during the last Consilium meeting. I am Archangel Michael. Feel free to call me just Michael."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Meeting time, and just a regular meeting, but a Formal one! Though she figures it will be like all the others, just minus Truce, their Hierarch. Would another one rise to take the seat? Did the Concilium want another one? Guess she would see.

Formal meant putting a little more effort into an outfit. So she decides on a new dress, in a light shade of pink with a floral print to it. It hit below her knee and was sleeveless. Nude heels completed the look for her as she left her long blonde hair down and windblown. Before leaving the Sanctum, she called upon Life to protect her. She remembered what Star said and how passionate he had been about it. And Avis offering to spar, and was all set with that. See, Faye listens.

The usual 24 ounce can of Monster was in her hand as she entered the Circle, pleased to see others already there.

And Tuesday…in a skirt?! Whoa!

“Tuesday, I like the skirt, and color!” she gushed, giving an approving look to the Acanthus.

“Hey Strix!” she greets her Cabal Mate with a smile and a wave. Maybe they should carpool or something.

And the new guy, he gets a smile as well, “Hi Michael, nice to see you came back. How’s Sacramento treating you so far?”

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-03-01 14:42:37 Faye rolls 7 to Organic Resilience(Life+Gno) (10 Again) 6, 2, 5, 5, 7, 8, 2 1 success

7. Likes wilsonns, liked this post

Strix

PRE

When voices neared, Strix looked up and away from the phone, pocketing it in favor of smiling a the other arrival.

"Hello, Tuesday," he said, nodding at her, then at Faye, "And hello Faye," giving them both a smile before rising up from the pew. It seemed a little rude to remain seating.

Besides, it seemed like introductions were in order. The other two already seemed to know him.

Not too surprising given that Strix was something of a hermit as of late when it came to social gatherings.

"No, you wouldn't have. Welcome to Sacramento from me as well, Michael" as he spoke, he took the offered hand and gave it a friendly shake, giving a curious once over before taking his hand back to pocket it, shifting into a more relaxed position, "I'm Strix. If my all-black outfit doesn't give it away, I'm a Moros." The last part was added with a chuckle. "I'm guessing you're an Obrimos with your shadow name?"

Not exactly trying for subtlety. Few people did when it came to their shadow name.

"I didn't go and tame my hair with copious amounts of gel this time around," he replied Tuesday's question when he looked over to her, giving a shrug. "I see you're rocking fae-like ear adornments again. Looks great. As does your skirt." Thumb up there with his free hand. "Got a lot of these accessories to show off for future meetings?"

Then he turned his attention to Faye, who got a thumb up as well. It was a favorite gesture of his. "And awesome dress, Faye. Uh...is it new?" Probably not. Faye probably had a lot of dresses like that, it wasn't like he knew just what her wardrobe was hiding.

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Sup Archy." hand wave and a flick of her hazels.

"Strix noooo." came an impressive and totally adult unicorn whine. "Call him Archy." 'cause yep. Still growly slash frowny at the archangel...even if he just Tuesday'd her. Especially since he just Tuesday'd her.

"Hey Lady Faye." chipper thy name was Tuesday. "Nice...uh. Flowers? Oh. Yeah. Right. Also thanks. I thought blue would be awesome. I tried to fine it in green. or in both since. Yeah. But I gave up after a while. I liked this well enough. So. Yeah. I'm wearing it. Even if I feel. Uh. You know. Exposed. Since not pants. But. I wanted to be fancy." a shrug after the flood of unicorn babble. "Oh yeah, the ear cuffs. Yep. Well. I have four different pairs. This one, the one I wore last time, a less fairy pair, and another pair that's not as dangly, but way more elfy then these ones." But hey, this chickadee's always on the hunt for more. It's an addiction. Like her text filled tees.

"Sooooo." rocking on her heels, "Know when the others are gonna pop by?"
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

10. Likes wilsonns liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Formal is as formal does.

In this case, it's white pants, a white short-sleeve button up, and a white bow-tie. And white sneaks. The only thing missing is a hat and ice-cream cart. But at least everyone knows there's nothing up the Illusionist's (short) sleeves. That hat and ice-cream cart? Might totally be outside. Melting.

"Hey everyone!"

Long fingers splayed in a wave. Jack's not a fashionista; commentary on What Other People wear really isn't his thing. Except. What. Since when were dresses a Tuesday thing? That's just weird, yo. Almost as weird as the new guy's Creator schtick. Next he'd say something wack like the Oracles being as legit as the Easter Bunny. Holy Cadbury, Deity Man. And Holy Men's Warehouse, Moros Man.

Whatever. He wasn't under-dressed.

Because bow-tie.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

12. Likes wilsonns, Orianna, liked this post
    V
    Vallerion

Today's the day. The day to attend his first official meeting at The Circle. He starts feeling a little nervous before he starts to prepare. Usually, meeting new people is absolutely no problem for him, it's quite the opposite. Not today. Formal meeting of the Awakened, that is just so not his home turf. But the necessity calls, and it's time to step out of the comfort zone.

He is not taking anything lightly, as he did too often in the past. He picks one of the fine evening suits, the dark blue one and a white shirt. Its always better to be overdressed for the occasion that underdressed.

Although Vallerion has never been to The Circle, he has no problem finding it, to his actual surprise. He does a short knock on the door and then goes in. There are already some participants. After spotting Faye among them he experiences a slight relief that there's at least some familiar face. He gives Faye a warm smile and waves at her.

"Hello everyone. I'm new to the city, and most of you don't know me yet. I'm Vallerion, and I'm glad to meet you all."
    he introduces himself after the attention turns to him.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella quietly slips in through one of the Circle's side entrances. His appearance is heralded by the quiet thud and clank of the heavy door and the sound of his polished footsteps on the solid flagstones. He is tugging off a worn coat; his blue suit is impeccable and his plum tie stands out against his crisp cream shirt. His ring - a tradition begun by the lately disappeared Truce - flashes in the light. Casting his eyes over the gathering he thanks the stars that he hadn't turned up in robes - that tradition was another thing begun by Truce, but one that seems to have died as quickly as it began.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-03-03 03:19:35 Campanella to cast Shielding rote rolls 10 to Intelligence + Occult + speciality + Order Rote spec + Matter (10 Again) 3, 9, 8, 7, 2, 2, 4, 1, 10, 3, 8 4 successes

Seeing yet another new face, the Moros Councillor alters course and heads over to Vallerion Jormungand directly.

"Well. Greetings, then. I call myself Campanella." He says, extending his hand in friendship. His eyes track towards Faye and back again. "You've met Faye already? I take it you walk the Path of Ecstasy and the Primal Wild... A Shaman? I am a Moros of Stygia on the Path of Doom."

His voice lilted as he asked the question.

He knew Faye was a Shaman and a member of the Silver Ladder. So he reckoned he had about a 50/50 chance of hitting the correct note.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

15. Likes , wilsonns liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread