Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1703) Formal 3

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"...But Avis doesn't want to be Hierarch. Which she's totally said. So, like, why are we even talking about that?"

Greenish eyes looked around in legit surprise and curiosity. He wasn't there for that, but he was there for every time she ragged on the Consilium. Seems awfully weird to debate a thing that's not happening anyway. But at least there's a general consensus that it's still impossible to determine a general consensus.

He tapped a foot... then bounced lightly on his feet.

Jack, get back, come on before we crack.

Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday did a blinky thing. Well it wasn't a thing. It was more like a series of blinks. Because wow. Campanella was really gung ho about the Avis for Hierarch thing, that wasn't a thing.

"You know." the Moros is the focus of her now not rapidly blinking hazels. "I wasn't being serious." the thought of Avis actually being Hierarch made her want to collapse in a puddle of giggles, while finding a place to watch from and also noming on popcorn. "Because. Well. Yeah." Obvi. Plus there was the whole she-didn't-wanna-do-it-thing. Unicorn nods along with the Star-voice when he points that out to the room.

"You were here for her yelling weren't you? I remember you being here for the yelling. It's when Truce was you know, handin' out rings and cloaks, and was just a little bit called Hierarch." Tuesday remembered it so well because there were peanuts. Also that was the day her blanket fort got it's cloak...s.

"But...yeah. War. Maybe Avis could give us a lecture on how stupid we are slash have been and we can do drills or something....?"
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

4. Likes West liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"That was then. This is now." Campanella sighed. "As an Arrow she makes the best choice in a time of war. That is all I'm saying. But... Its not as though a Hierarch is necessary. As you say, we are adults; I am sure we can make things work."

He sank deeply into his pew.

"At the very least we could try and put together some training - as Tuesday says, perhaps Avis could be persuaded to give a lecture on magical combat and such like. We can at attempt to get some practice in. A number of us have been on the... voyages in time... now. We all have some experience to share, I am sure."

Was the Moros clutching at straws, maybe. The he rocked forward on his seat again.

"Actually there is something you can do. By you, I mean those who have voyaged in time already." He looks at Tuesday in particular. "Your costume... from the Bastille expedition. Do you still have it? I'd like to borrow it for a few days. I... ah... want to check your costume for something. Something... extraordinary. When you see Avis, ask her for me, will you? I'd like to check her costume as well."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

6. Likes , West liked this post
    A.k.a. Father Michael
    Archangel Michael
    NIMBUS

The Archangel:
    Wings of fire spread from his back when he works vulgar magic.
    Written in Death

Defense 5
    Speed 9
    Armor 2

Total Mana 10/11

Health:
    Mana:
    Willpower: (3 used)

Spells:
    [2]Supernal Vision[Scene]
    [4]Light Mastery [Scene]
    [1]Fireproofing - Tuesday, Chariot, Thrope and himself [Scene]

[4]Faye's Organic Shield -2 Armor/2 defense[Scene]

Active Spells:3
    Personal Spells:3 (-1 at spellcasting)

Doxx Count: 1

PRE

"Like Vallerion I agree that a Hierarch is needed, but I just can't vote. I can't say much about you guys, neither do I know much about your Ars mastery. A central command is a must in every war. We wouldn't hold on much longer without someone to unite and lead us."

The Archangel eyes Star subtly. If he were to vote... Hmm... Maybe...

"Fine, then. Even if I don't get to vote, I'd be pleased to watch the whole thing unfold. Don't forget to invite me, 'k? Guess I'm done here for now."
    Michael smiles at everyone, waving lightly. "We'll see again in a month or so. Ciao!"

After biding his farewell to everyone, the Obrimos leaves the meeting. He removes the tie and coat, breathing in delightfully as he does.

8. Bump West "Bump" this post
    V
    Vallerion

He waves goodbye to the Archangel, quite surprised about his early exit.

He listens the debate about Avis, who sounds like a capable fighter, but also seems to be off the table with this whole Hierarch thing. Some are in favor of one, others suggest to try it without one, so how to deal with this? "Okay, let's try to solve this from another angle. Is there anyone among the more experienced, who would be actually willing to become a Hierarch? If there is noone, this discussion is probably pointless. And If there are, it would narrow the selection." Vallerion suggests after giving some more thought to this issue.

After making a brief pause, he continues. "I'm still not completely in the picture about what was going on here, but as I understand, we are in a sharper conflict with the Seers, so I'm definitely for some sort of basic combat training."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Shaman watches and listens, happy to see it being discussed like adults.

"While my vote would be for Avis, we can't force her into the position. But I would like to see if she would help with training and offer advice. I believe she is one of the strongest among us and could have some amazing insight to offer. Well, should she want to. If not, well, I'm sure we can pull together and work something out. I personally would love some combat training, I'm kinda useless in a fight."

She had nothing else to really say on it. But Campanella requesting costumes was weird, but sounded like he had an idea about something. Which was good.

11. Bump West "Bump" this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

A snicker escaped.

Can't help it, yo. These things? Buddy ups at the Circle? Sometimes they're just a broken record, skippin' and skippin'. It's the same old song...

"Look, I'm no pro on combat," he offered, "But here's my thing. That, like, I've said a bunch but no one ever listens. Because, like. I dunno. Anyway? Where's everyone's Shields? Sights?"

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

"You wanna get down with magic in a fight, but you can't even tie your own shoes. Not meanin' to crack on you all, but it's the Truth. Basic combat training? Most of you need basic Awakened training. You want people to take time and teach you? Show up to class with your pencils sharpened. Otherwise you're just gonna get beat up, yelled at, and feel dumb." Seen it before. "If you can't Rit your protection, you're just gonna get broke off with a quickness. And it's not just Shields for the sake of Shields. It's proving you can learn and putting some effort in."

Because Guardians keep it real.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Uh....weird. But..."Sure. I can give you that costume. It has your blood on it bee tee dubs. I was gonna burn it...or ask you if you wanted it anyway. Sooo." shrugs, "Oh. Yeah. I have the dress I worn for the first trip too. The one I wore to to the Titanic....well. I have the maid outfit from it. I think the actual dress I wore ended up in the water since I had to do a costume change...so. Yeah. You can has that one too. For whatever weird Mysterium thang you're gonna do." Tuesday's really hoping that it's a Mysterium thing, and not that Campanella was a perv.

But if it was the latter, that would make the Moros a little more interesting. Gotta figure out the deviancies and poke at 'em....for the lulz, if not for any other reason.

"Dude. No one wants to be Hierarch. They all tend to die or disappear or something. Plus. This, the....six of us plus Avis. All the mages in Sacramento. And every one but you, Vally, and Archy are Path Councilors. So. Yeah. Do we really need a guy to wear a bigger hat?"

Tuesday was pretty sure that this Star Scolding was totally not about her. But all the others peeps. Since she was totally on top of her Shield and Sight Rits. All the Star Made Baked Goods, which turned into Tuesday Eaten Baked Goods attested to her being on top of of Sight and Shield Rits.

"I just figured that Avis would like to yell at us. Maybe that'll get her out and about." Well out and about the itty bitty Consilium, since her out and about was vastly different then everyone else's. Since. Space. And being the Master of it.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

15. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"No. Just the costume from the Bastille erm... Run." Campanella started to speak, then stopped as he reviewed what he had just asked for. He reddened. "No. I'm not being... Look I found fragments of the Obelisk in my clothing. Dust fragments. Now I was standing right next to it when it was torn apart by the time stream so I suspect I wound up with the lion's share of dust and fragments getting into my gear; but you and Avis were on that mission also and I suspect some of the dust would have found its way into your gear also. The Obelisk was a powerful Artefact. I am betting that even dust and fragments from it will have some potency."

He grimaced slightly about the Rituals.

"I still have some... trouble... with such castings. I am working on it. It is a gap in my training I am seeking to correct."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

17. Likes , West liked this post
Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread