Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Carnival

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist watched silently as the small group aligned around the table. As everyone claimed a seat she met Asa's gaze. She wasn't sure if she wanted to maintain the stoic face or break and laugh a the situation they found themselves in.

It was always a dance. The Danse.

They may have changed roles yet again, but despite the length of table between them and the altered faces of supporting cast, they would still remain the stars of the show. Prima ballerina and danseur noble.

She couldn't help it. A small smile cracked the facade. The movement of sitting prevented further revelations though and she waited until the rustle of fabric from the others sitting had quieted.
    "Again welcome and thank you for attending tonight. There are a few matters that we will address tonight as a covenant. The first has already been announced, Asa Clarke has decided to withdraw from our numbers to seek a new path with that of the Ordo Dracul. I will be stepping up to assume the full leadership of the Covenant."

Twist paused for a moment. Though they all knew and by now had had a few moments to digest the news and more importantly, its implications, this would be the time for any to voice true commentary. She did not look at Asa as she waited, instead looking around the table at the three gathered on her end.

"As you have noticed though, the Prince is not the only attendee who is not of our Covenant this evening. Miss York has been invited as she is seeking admittance to our elite numbers. Are there any here who would argue against my vouching for her?"

Twist looked to Alessandra as she finished.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, , West liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

She watched as Asa, Isaiah and Vivian took their seats, and once seated and settled, turned her attention to Twist.

Ale really wasn't surprised that Twist was taking the role of Judex, it was to be expected. So there was simply a nod of her head at the news. While it was disappointing to lose Asa as Judex and as a member of the First Estate, it didn't hinder her own plans.

"We will miss you among our ranks, but I truly wish you all the best with your new path Your Highness." she says with a bow of her head. And she did wish him well with it, she had no ill will towards Asa. But would miss counting him among The First Estate.

Then Twist spoke of Vivian joining their ranks, which she completely supported. But having Twist look to her after speaking was odd. She didn't think she held enough rank to voice being against it, not that she was, but she was unsure about the look.

There was a gentle shake of her head, "I have none, I personally believe Miss York would make a fine addition." was she supposed to say something? Well, too late now, keeping her mouth shut wasn't a strong suit for her.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

4. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa arched an eyebrow at Vivian, mildly surprised to see such a reaction. Daeva is as Daeva does and she'd always been expressive, but he didn't think she'd particularly care about his Covenant choice.

As he listened to Twist and all eyes turned to her, he slowly raised one eyebrow, then the other, finally sticking out his tongue. It was rare to be unseen by all, and he couldn't help but take advantage of the opportunity to try to elicit a laugh from her. She was one of a very select few that knew his sense of humor extended beyond sexual innuendo.

"Thank you,"
    he nodded to Alessandra, his expression a study in thoughtful seriousness.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

6. Likes liked this post

Two days until the month mark and five days until month's end and it needs to close.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Controllo. Controllare i muscoli.

The words drifted up from her oldest memories, Her Lady's voice repeating the basic command as she struggled to master and learn a new position, a new move. Her muscles shaking with the effort to contort in new ways.

And just as back then, how so many times she had failed, her arms or legs or back giving out to dump her into a crumpled heap on the floor, so too now did her facial muscles fail to maintain the stoic demeanor of the leader of the Invictus.

A quick sharp movement of her shoulders, a snorting laugh barely contained, the line of her lips tightening as they lost but continued to fight against a smile. Shooting Asa Clarke a sharp look that failed to be deadly due to the spark of laughter still present, she turned her attention back to those at her end of the table.

As she did so, quietly off to the side, Kalos stepped out of the room to return a moment later, a bundle in his arms.

Regaining the appropriate demeanor, damn Asa ... would he make nothing about tonight easy for her?, she nodded at Alessandra's approval and was pleased that Isaiah kept silent. Though of the Covenant, his weight on the matters in Sacramento was not yet of worth.

"Then it is that I, Alder Twist, Duchess Sacramento and Royal Hound of His Majesty, Prince Clarke do so vouch for Miss Vivian York." She made a small motion and stepping forward Kalos carefully placed a set of items in front of Vivian York . A piece of heavy cream paper, a small glass bowl, a thin but very sharp looking knife and a feather quill. "And so it is time for the Blood Oath. Written in her own blood, it will complete the admission process."

9. Likes , West liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

Their exchange was adorable, and a rare look into behind the scenes of the Duke and Duchess of Sacramento. Vivian was grateful for having witnessed it, but there was something about the Prince, at least from what she'd seen, that he wasn't always so stoic.

"Thank you kindly, Alder Twist, I am most grateful for this." Still entirely unsure if she was calling her Daeva cousin by the correct title, but someone would correct her if it was wrong.

No sooner than Twist declared it, her Ghoul had been next to her. It took her a moment to process.

Well, I didn't know I was signing my Requiem away... in blood... Did Asa do this? How was he released from this contract.

He is the Prince so, perhaps it is within his right.

But even if there were so many questions, Vivian still had a feeling this was the right place for her. With that, she used the thin blade and opened up a spot on her arm, draining a small amount into the bowl. She looked so very pleased to wield a quill; dipping it into the red liquid, she scripted her name with ease.

Vivian York

As she set the quill down, the feather brushed her wrist slightly, a thought about her prior name. But, that was long gone, so there it was, in crimson. Her head came up and she smiled at the members of the Invictus.
    OOC

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A smile and nod of her head was offered to Vivian, it was official now.

Though the Blood Oath was a surprise, Ale had not been asked to sign one. Was that the difference between Asa being Judex and Twist? Not that she would have refused to sign one, it was just an interesting change.

She turns to face Twist, await to know if there was other official business, or if the floor would be opened to discussion. With this being her first meeting, she wasn't sure if she should wait to make her request or not. So she figures it best to err on the side of caution, and wait to see what Twist would say.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

(Blood-Tell Oath)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Asa's eyes danced with laughter at the reaction from the little Daeva. It had been a choice of opportunity but he couldn't help but remember when she'd made him show restraint. For immortals, sweet revenge - even the most loving - could be years in coming.

He watched as Kalos approached and as Vivian York spilled her Blood, he twisted and focused his own to ensure her signature would remain ruby red and glistening wet for as long as she kept it. It was something he'd have to discuss with Twist in private, with the Notary Jennifer Hazelton long gone.

A silent nod of approval was given as the ritual was complete and he kept his silence as an observer rather than a member of the Unconquered.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist returned the smile with genuine warmth.

"Welcome Madame York" she intoned formally as from behind Kalos let the last item in his hands unfurl. A shroud of heavy cloth dyed a rich purple, he carefully draped it over Vivian's shoulders before stepping around to quietly gather the implements he had placed earlier.

Twist allowed a moment to pass for the ceremony to close. For ceremony it was, though one not often enacted in Sacramento. And in truth, she had cherry picked only parts of the full event, so it wasn't even the entire process. She wondered how Vivian would have reacted had Kalos presented the manacle, stake and sword with which Vivian would have then presented to Asa or herself symbolically.

For a moment as she looked at the enticing red head, she regretted not actually doing the full ceremony. Oh well... an opportunity lost but not to be dwelt upon.

Turning back to the assembly at large, "It is at this time that I wish to invite any who have business to bring up to do so." A wave of her hand opened the table for others to speak.

15. Likes West liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The shroud was a nice touch, very fancy.

As Twist directed the meeting to other business, Ale knew this was her chance to make her desires known. And either be granted, or not.

“I had something I wished to discuss.” She says with a bow of her head, “I realize I am still new to the ranks of the First Estate, but I wish to take on a Title of Function, should you deem me worthy.” She hoped she worded things correctly. “I was intrigued by the Order of Knighthood, and was not aware if we had any among our ranks. If not, I understand it creates an issue with the training that is required, at least to my understanding. If the training is required, how would I go about seeking it? I am more than willing to do whatever is required of myself to prove my loyalty and dedication to the Invictus.” Her head then bows once again, having said her thoughts. She knew her chances were slim, but she figured it never hurt to ask.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread