Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Carnival

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    V
    Vivian York

A proud smile perched upon Vivian's lips. Hearing that her Coterie mate had high goals for herself, it was something to be proud of. Knighthood would suit the Reeve. But none the less, time was growing short in their gathering, so she'd better speak or hold it until the next meeting.

"As I am new, I know nothing of how this may operate in Sacramento." She smiled at her fellow Daeva. "However, if there is a goal that you wish me to ascertain, or something that you need me to engage upon, I shall be happy to see to it." It was the least she could do. Hopefully it wasn't too challenging and within her power to do so.

She really wondered what Asa would have her do if he would still remain a member. Perhaps he may come back some day, but she highly doubted it would be something she'd see. She glanced at the paper, the blood still glistening, she really wondered exactly what she swore to; loyalty seemed to be a given though.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

...and that's what happens when you put a Daeva in charge.

Things got a bit more elegant and pretty. It was something he would have done years ago if he'd thought Twist would assent to - dividing time between her theatre and the Covenant more. It reminded him of when the Covenant was fuller but it had also been more formal.

An eyebrow slowly went up as Alessandra spoke.

"Knights are Oath-bound to answer and protect any Invictus from harm,"
    he said quietly. "You might want to take some time to consider how that might... interact... with your duties as Reeve if it's something you wish to pursue*."

It was a noble idea - and one he could see her excelling at - but there was the potential for conflict of interest, were she to remain Reeve.

Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Order of Knighthood.

Twist was not unlike the group gathered in that she was not embraced into the Invictus, but came later to the covenant on her own. As such, much of the details about the covenant had had to be learned, sometimes reluctantly and sometimes not at all.

The Order of Knighthood was not one of those that she had delayed in studying though. And had she come to the Invictus earlier, she had not difficulty in imagining herself swearing such oaths as were required of those who were called Knight.

Like Alessandra though, there were other responsibilities that Twist had had, and ultimately she had herself never pursued such a path. She wondered, looking at Alessandra to allow her to respond as she would, which responsibilities she would choose to prioritize.

Vivan's question did not surprise her though it did make her wish she could have Asa's brains for a moment. It would be nice to have a straightforward answer to offer. Do this. Or accomplish that.

"Our Covenant is strong in Sacramento. We hold many established positions and are on good terms with the Prince of the City," she dipped her head briefly to acknowledge the man across the table. "That being said, Sacramento is far from an established Invictus City." After all, if they were being honest, at this point in time both the Prince and his Seneschal were Ordo Dracul. "I do not foresee us falling out of favor with the Prince, but it would be good for us to insure that our covenant remains foremost in the city even among those not leading. What can you tell us of the strengths of those who would look to capitalize on the Prince's departure from our numbers?"

It wasn't exactly as cut and dry as "obtain this position" or "destroy this person" but it was a valid concern. The city had recently seen a flux of new individuals who didn't necessarily mesh well with the Invictus system and if nothing else, the number of monomacy demands proved that there where increasing numbers of Kindred in the city willing to push the peace. Vivian was good at mingling and interacting, if she could work her charm on the Kindred of the city to insure that the Invictus remained as powerful as it was with Asa at its head, then she would be happy.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

She listens as Asa speaks, and points out a major detail she missed. Being Reeve. It could create a conflict of interest, one that would leave her torn between her duties to the Domain, and the Invictus.

“Thank you, I have to admit I had not considered the possible implications and conflicts the position would cause. I will do as you say and take some time to thoroughly consider the options and which is best.” It sucked, man did it suck. But she was made Reeve first, before she had even thought about the Knighthood. She had been entrusted to defend the Domain and those who resided within in, perhaps that was what her path was to be for now. She wasn’t sure though, and would have to think.

She then looks to Twist, who posed an interesting question. Was it asked strictly of Vivian though? She decides to not say anything, having her own views on the other Kindred within the Domain. But she had yet to see anyone with any real strength who could be a problem.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

6. Likes West liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

What the bloody hell, I'm new here. I don't know what the correct answer is. I'm not even sure if I know how to answer it.

At least Ale spoke a little while the Daeva's head reeled from the question. They were probably wide eyed with thought. One thing was clear, no matter how everyone addressed each other, it was not a predominantly Invictus Domain.

"I see what you mean, Duchess." Even though she didn't exactly know everyone, she at least knew where most of the ties of the Domain were. "I think that our numbers are now equal to that of the Ordo. However, it is good to be mindful of those who enter in to the Domain. Though we shouldn't be in competition with His Grace, but to keep a close eye on any other Covenants and their numbers."

I have no idea what the fuck I'm saying.

"In any case, an ear to the pavement it is then. To watch the strengths, and weaknesses of those who visit, and those who reside. The Seneschal is wonderful and I see no issue with her, though she is a wonderful asset to the Domain." Her hands moved upwards and collapsed on the table. "Jacob White is the only other I have had any dealings with, but I don't see anything that you mention coming to mind." Vivian knew he was with the Ordo, her eyes flashed to Asa with an apology that she couldn't think of anything more to say other than that. Or perhaps it was pity, and he would be the victim of the next stray puppy syndrome.

OOC Question

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa knew Jacob White. They'd had one conversation... at length... and he was fairly sure the Mekhet would be quite circumspect with approaching him again.

Eventually it would be interesting to see which path Alessandra took. He'd need to make it a point to let her know that he wouldn't be offended if she chose the Covenant and Knighthood and could imagine her establishing a Guild that a few before her had tried. Likewise, eventually Vivian would find her place as she began to ascend.

He'd be wholly surprised to see Isaiah at another Court. The man's quiet stupor spoke volumes about his efficacy.

He smiled a the Judex, silent, waiting to see if she had anything more planned or to announce.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Dipping her head she acknowledges Alessandra's temporary withdrawal of her topic. "When you have thought on it and wish to discuss again, we can easily do so."

To Vivian, Twist nods, "I see no reason to be concerned at the moment. Let us continue on as we have. Should anything arise that would threaten, we will handle it appropriately so long as we are prepared."

Twist was quiet for a moment, allowing any last topics to be brought up.

When it seemed none were forthcoming, she clasped her hands together and smiled.

"It seems with that we come to an end of business. I invite everyone to stay at the leisure," she spread her arms, "And wish that until our next gathering, the nights pass well for you all."

OOC

11. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

The Daeva nodded and agreed with Twist. They seemed so like minded, and it wasn't just because they were Blood. They may not have had the same artistic abilities, but at least their political focus and concerns were centered the same.

"Thank you for hosting this wonderful evening Duchess Twist. This has been very enjoyable. I also thank you for vouching for me, I hope I do not disappoint you."

Turning to Asa, and perhaps the last time she'd see him at any sort of Invictus gathering, unless they hosted things. That thought sprung through her mind quickly. "Thank you, Your Majesty, for this invitation and opportunity." Turning then to her Coterie mate and smiled widely.

The strangest part of it all was as she listened to things to do, she had a mind to try and seek out a higher position in their courts. But then, who of their family would take the reigns... even if she always thought that Twist was still their family head.

And now, for more festivities with the costumed folks.

ooc

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa had high hopes.

With the exception of the Seneschal, the Covenant had a monopoly on both the Court officials and longest tenured members of the Domain. And while it would never truly be inconsequential with the individual power some brought to the table, there was a stark difference between that power lying with individuals and the Covenant as a living, growing whole.

"Shall we dance and have my going away party then?"
    he asked with a grin as he stood.

OOC

14. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist gave a small but almost formal nod, acknowledging the statements directed to her.

Shifting her chair back, she stood, a quiet indicator of the formal closing of the gathering.

Around them the soft rustle of cloth and bodies as the nameless crowds who had come to watch their betters slipped away and back to their own un-lives.

A delighted smile bloomed even through the makeup, and her eyes sparkled, "I never can say no to dancing," she said happily as she moved away from the table.

OOC

16. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread