Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(Heart of the Dragon) Blood

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

"You may choose not to believe this," the Lady Salome replied, "but I extended the hand of friendship to your...Freehold...once before."

Her voice seemed to curdle like fetid milk as she pronounced that word so treasured among the Lost, and in a moment, it became clear exactly why.

A gloved hand reached up and grasped at the veil and hood hiding most of the mysterious Lady's visage, and gracefully slipped the material away, revealing the face of a being so crushingly beautiful and so terrifyingly symmetrical that it could only belong to one of the Fae. The Gentry. An Exile, no doubt, but one that obviously still heldsome amount of power.

"Nigh on 12 seasons ago, I offered a Queen of your Freehold sanctuary and aid in exchange for her help in ridding us all of that blasted Wyrm. She made a fair bargain with me, and yet, as the seasons passed, she made no effort to make good on her pledge with me."

For her part, the former Queen sat crouched upon one of the blood-trees' branches within the cage, eyes wide and staring, staring, yet not comprehending, her tail twitching spasmodically this way and that.

"So, now, I would call upon your Freehold again, to make good on the intentions you propose today, and strike a new pledge with me today to slay the Wyrm and bring me his tongue. In exchange, I shall offer you back two of your own, as a sign of good will. And, as for the Wyrm's mercenaries, I believe they shall find that the Flesh Market is not without it's own strength."

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green grunted. He spared the shrunken and misshapen form of what had once been Terri Nutkins another glance; a long one - flat and flinty, cold as ice and as unyielding as rock. He sighed, whether from sadness, regret or as a simple exhalation of breath before he got down to business, it was hard to say.

He was already turning his attention back to Lady Salome.

"Is that so?" The mountain began with genuine interest, not being party to that little bit of lore.

"Well... I guess her fate is... deserved. Yeah?" Green's delivery was flat.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-03-29 03:37:15 Green to hide his emotions rolls 8 to Manipulation + Subterfuge + Mantle Effect (10 Again, WillPower) 8, 7, 8, 5, 9, 7, 7, 1 3 successes

"So. You want the dragon dead. You want his tongue as proof, right? And we can fulfil our side of things by doing the dirty work?" He grunted. "Thats a mighty big Pledge there. I mean, we are talking a Greater Endeavour for a start. Some pretty strong boons in the mix and probably a Favour? Unless we keep future alliances between us out of the picture till we hold up our side of things... So... More room for Adroitness, maybe?"

He mused aloud, rubbing his hand along his jaw.

Staring at Sal, he let his weight settle on one side. He grinned - it took an effort as he stretched his lips into somethin far more emotive than he was used to.

"And what were you thinking we Swear on?*" Still staring, he suddenly added as if he'd had an idea. "Are you going to provide us with anything to use against this Dragon?^ Surely a canny operator like you has come up with some... uh... contingency plans?"

*He's asking about Oath, Vow, or Corporal here.

^He's asking if Sal has any weapon or item that could wound or weaken Fairweather. I think this would come under a "Favour" in the Pledge building system.

And... I think Green's kept his nerve and been very calm all the way through this so far. Can he get a Willpower refresh? Cayce . Also do you want us to come up with a Pledge for this or work through it IC?

3. Likes Origins, , Cayce liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Slowly Mhairi counts, her fell-flames flickering over the emaciated form of the former Autumn Queen, and the former Legate of Mists. Three years. She'd been tasked, had sworn an-an Oath! With Lady Salome and had done nothing. Mhairi thought upon seeing the Blackbird Bishop that the Rick-that-wasn't, that Fairweather had traded her away. One less soul to discover his plot, but this....

Horror, and disgust and a million other things curdled her insides.

Turning away from Terri, Mhairi's fell-flames return to the inhuman beauty that was their....host. "Ah. 'Tis fair indeed." unlike her fellow elemental Mhairi's delivery has a hint of a crackling flame under her voice, but it hold none of what the Wisp is feeling inside.

Nodding along with what Green started on Pledges, they needed to know what they were going to be working with, and just what they could get, but in the back of Mhairi's mind the Wisp knows she carries a trump card. Something the polychromatic lady would dearly want....

....the Dragon's Bane.

3 sucxx to Hide Emotions!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-03-29 11:06:36 Mhairi Ankaa rolls 4 to Hide Emotions! (Manip 2 + Subterfuge 2) 8, 8, 4, 10 3 successes
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

5. Likes Origins, Cayce, West liked this post

The words from the Mountain roused the irridescent Lady from her throne, and she drew herself up, her form seeming to tower even above Green's massive height, so imperious was her bearing.

"Do not presume to speak to me of daunting tasks!
    I have waged a war on the Dragon for longer than you can comprehend! You think he is a cancer that only persists in your world? You are blind children! You have no conception of what you are truly facing. The Dragon that you know is but an appendage, an ancillary limb, a piece of a Fae Lord sent to walk about in your world and gather the materials that the True Dragon needs.

"Do you not see? You have allowed this creature to walk about in your lands, preying upon countless pounds of flesh, and yet you act as though the task I ask of you is not something which you must already do! Fools!"

The Lady actually turned her head and spat, though it was not simple saliva that exited that disturbingly perfect mouth, but a gob of blood.

A small, tentacled creature appeared from some nook or cranny within the room and immediately squidged its way over to clean the spot of crimson up.

"So, heed me now! I offer you a Boon! A favor, to each of you, as well as your fellows back, if you but swear to bring me the Dragon's Heart and Tongue, within the passing of one year and one day, and if you should fail to do this, then I shall find you and drag you back to me, to become a part of my tree, and you shall not escape my wrath! Swear it so, on the names of the Ones you Fear Most, the Ones that Claimed ownership over you while you dwelt within the Fair Lands of Arcadia!"

Dragon's Bane Pledge
    Oath: Keeper's True Name
    Task: Greater Endeavor -3 (Kill Fairweather and Bring Tongue and Heart to Sal)
    Boon: Blessing (Merit: Faerie Favor 3) +3
    Sanction: Imprisonment (like Banishment, but towards Capture) -3
    Duration: Year and a Day +3

Oh! And yes, Green can have Willpower back!
    P.S. If you want to ammend the pledge, feel free to make a counter offer, and rolls me some pres or manip plus persuasion. Origins , feel free to offer OOC suggestions in NAR tags if you have ideas

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

(Dragon's Bane Pledge)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"The Dragon should have been dealt with long ago. Years before I claimed the Freehold of Sacramento as my home." and it really, Mhairi should have only heard about Fairweather through stories of his reign of terror, and his defeat. Not, not....this. "But Sacramento is my home now, and the Dragon's time is limited."

Fell-flames glance over to Morgan's too-still form, and then to the inmovable Mountain.

"I Swear to you, Lady Salome, Proprietor of this Flesh Market named after thee, upon the name that pierces my heart and presses Fear into every pore of my body, I swear on the name of the Ruination of the Sickle's Sun to bring you the Heart and Tongue of the Dragon for one unnamed Favor." mom, Mhairi's heart calls. Mom. "In a Year and a Day if this task is not complete...I will willingly come back to be a part of your tree."

There, it was done.

...and if they couldn't kill the Dragon and bring the polychromatic lady those muscles she craves, Mhairi's Fate was sealed.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

(Seal the Pledge)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

Now at last the mountain let his true feelings seep through his impassive mask.

"Funny. I'd heard the old Dweller in Stone was perished. But hey, I can swear to that. I'll take your offer on the Dweller in Stone's name. We got a year and day to get you the Wyrm's tongue and his heart. In payment, one favour, yeah. And if I don't do it, yeah I'll carry your tree on my back... Lady, I've carried continents. I can carry a Hollow."

The wrath bubbles across his face as he grins. Promise of pain and pleasure, given and received, gleam in his eyes. Did he long for it? Did he care? Had the challenge and the danger been enough to stir his cold and molten heart?

"I take your wager."

9. Likes liked this post

The Pledge is Sealed!

As the words passed the Lost's lips, they felt the wyrd stir, and coil around them, like a root winding its
    way around a stone in the earth.

The Lady Salome snapped her fingers, and the north wall of Terri's cage fell to the ground with a resounding clang. The fromer Queen scurried away from the noise, peering out from the crimson leaves that filled the cage with mistrustful eyes.

And, a moment later, as though summoned by thought alone, a hob made of antlers and bone whispered into the room, a tray of sliced hedgefruit upon it.

Have your rodent eat. I would not have her die before she comes face to face with the Dragon. Indeed, from what I saw, she already knows the Dragon's favorite trick, though she is passing bad at it, at least in comparison.

The figure of wound antlers and bones, set the tray down beside the stretcher and then left as silently as it had come, the polished bundles of ivory that made up it's feet seeming to barely even touch the ground.

Now then, before you leave, is there anything else you would beg of me? My patience has worn thin,

A successful int+occult -3 will confirm that the fruit is healing fruit, and there are even fruits there that can heal lethal!

11. Likes Yumyumcrow, Origins, liked this post
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

(WP for knowledge roll)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

Green's eyes glinted as the Wyrd fell upon them and a new mark appeared on his Mein. The emotion faded quickly as the cage snapped open and the fruits were bought out. The mountain did not spare the feral former Queen a glance, instead he turned his attention to his wounded motley mate.

Tentatively he reached out for the goblin fruit, which he examined thoroughly before feeding some to the wounded Racoon.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-03 00:36:19 Green to know things rolls 5 to Intelligence + Occult -3 Penalty (10 Again, WillPower) 9, 1, 10, 7, 10, 6, 5 3 successes

"Eat," he commanded quietly.

At last he turned his face to the Mistress of the Flesh Market. "I'd ask about that favour but I think that would be best for another time, yeah? We have our accord and you have your place to run."

And he'd just bargained with one of the Gentry... And wasn't sure how much further he could push things.

"And yeah... uh... We have our 'Hold to see to; and our um... Quest to prepare, huh?"

We need to get this into Continuity so we can move forward. Good times

13. Likes Origins, Cayce, liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi swallowed as the weight of the wyrd settled upon her shoulders. Fell-flames flicker to Green. They'd just dealt with a True Fae, all that was left was to keep their word. End the Dragon, which they were planning to do, and bring the Flesh Market's Lady his heart and tongue...but they had a favor. Mhairi knew what she planned to use her's for, but Mhairi knew, that making plans just begged to have them disrupted.

The slices of goblin fruit are brought in and Mhairi stares at them, a frown growing as her mind fails to identify them. But apparently the Winter had, and Mhairi trusted the Mountain.

Turning to the polychromatic Lady, the wisp nods, "Yes, as the wyrd as witness, we have a oath and a quest." fell-flames flicker between Green, Morgan and Terri. "We will be back before the year is up."

For the Freehold, for her Courtiers, and for the promise of her mom, Mhairi would keep this Oath, or die trying.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-04-03 10:18:50 Mhairi Ankaa rolls 2 to To know things (Int 2 + Occult 1 + 1 Pledge + 1 A.Mantle -3 Penalty) (10 Again) 4, 3 failure
    This has been wonderfully, delightfully, awesomely (all the positive adjectives here) fun!! Can't wait to get closer to our wickedly anticipated confrontation with the Dragon!

15. Likes Cayce liked this post

Ok, cool! I'll open us up in the long awaited Eternal Seasons thread so y'all can debrief the Freehold. Also Origins , Morgan is fully healed, though now everything tastes like blood for a month :P

17. Likes Yumyumcrow, Origins, liked this post
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread