Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 28
DISPLAYED
(Thistles) Gallows Pole

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

The Mistress of Ink, Grandmother Centipede, gave a hearty chuckle and waved the Lost inside her home. And, despite the materials the house was made out of, not to mention her cane, the interior was surprisingly normal, with a nice area rug, a fireplace, and several chairs set in a half circle around a coffee table.

"All in good time, my dears, all in good time. When bartering at the market, one always has to show what they have to offer, do they not? So tell me a few stories, and I'll tell you a few stories in return. Though you may wish to give me a different suggestion for what to speak of unless you're merely wanting for entertainment."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

She wasn't sure what she was expecting, and with them being where they were, expecting anything was a little much. But the woman...err...centipede...seemed pleasant enough. So far.

Nodding her head, "Pleased to meet you ma'am, I'm Seraphina." answers the Nix with a friendly smile.

She will go inside, "You have a beautiful home." she compliments, personally loving fireplaces. "Stories you say? Do you fancy a specific type of story? Ones of bravery or romance, or perhaps something else?" she asks with curiosity. The Treasured was sure each of them had stories, but maybe the centipede had stories she preferred, was always worth asking.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

P
    Pippin

Pippin nods at what Sera said. “I’m Pippin, it is a charming home you have here. Or if none of Sera’s options entice you perhaps you prefer tales of woe and loss? Of where brave heroes fall short in the face of the cruelties of the world. Or of young boys making bargains they think they understand but who come to find out there’s truth in the saying ‘be careful what you wish for’” He gives their host a wicked smile and a wink.

Alex Rivers

"We have a variety of tales to offer. Personal stories, stories from the past, stories of the present... news of strange goings on in the Hedge and in the 'normal' world..."

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

"Oh, my dears, I was hoping that my abode, lovely as you might call it, would give you a clue. Novelty is what I crave. Why, I've read so much, instead of filling a house with books, and made a house of them! But, if you offer me a choice, then I shall be a bit more selective," Grandmother Centipede replied with another warm chuckle.

"Tell me, my dears, the tale of your futures. Your futures together. What will you become to one another? What will happen to you three? What do you imagine?"

The Hob leaned forward, smiling silver mask gleaming.

7. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Oh, well this wasn’t an easy story to tell. She wasn’t completely sure, but she could guess.

Hands spread as the Nix begins her tale, “The future I envision is a bright one. But not one that is gained without struggle and effort, no. Three different Seasons will have to come together as one. Where differences once may have been, there will only be strength and unity.” Beings the Nix, her voice angelic as she moves about the room, “Mine is a Season of Desire, of rebirth, one that denies despair in preference of hope and the chance to prove those who doubt wrong. I will bring the power to instill in my friends that we will not be silent and we will not sit back and allow enemies to take our home from us. Wither it be my pride, or just out of sheer spite, I will not let our foe win. We will stand and fight as one, we will refuse to give up the one thing that binds us together, hope.” Her sapphire eyes seem to light from within, she was an entertainer at heart, “We have a common foe, one that has brought us together this fine day, one that will unite us further. Together we will become friends and comrades, ones who have fought side by side for the better and freedom of our Freehold. Blood will be shed, tears may fall, but at the end, we stand united. For you see, to not work as one, to not put differences and misunderstandings aside, will mean we will fail. Our shared dreams will not come to be. This cannot happen, and as such, we will overcome those differences to unite our Freehold and the seasons as they have not been in some time.”

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-03-23 20:39:41 Seraphina rolls 10 to Telling a Tale!(Pres+Exp+DV) (10 Again) 6, 7, 8, 7, 3, 9, 9, 3, 10, 5, 4 4 successes

Her thought was to tell the tale from the view of her Court, and how she could unite them, and then have the others share how their Courts would inspire them to work as one, tie them all together into one shared tale. Just a thought...

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

9. Likes Cayce, liked this post

Alex is getting booted from this plot due to inactivity. Swami M

As Seraphina weaves her story, Alex realizes that he has something ridiculously urgent to do, and quietly leaves the room, making his way back to Sacramento and leaving his companions in the Hedge.

In the future, just remember that taking voluntary penalties to represent attempting to achieve a work of greater complexity and beauty makes the IC outcome of the roll better. So, for instance, taking a -5 for a Homer level of story and getting 1 success would beat 20 successes with no penalty. However, since a -5 would still leave Seraphina with 1 success, I'm to going retro-actively apply that penalty so her story is as awesome as it was intended.

"My my," the Mistress of Ink responded, her voice breaking the deep silence that had formed in the wake of Seraphina's masterful retelling.

"I will be more than happy to add that tale to my collection, though I fear that none could do it justice but you. A shame, that such magnificent talent should come at such a cost, that your works will forever wilt without the light of your dying sun. Alas, there is one tale that I have yet to hear before I shall tell you the tales of what you wish to know."
    Pippin

11. Likes , West liked this post

...And, as the stories went on into the night, the Lost began to get drowsy beside the fire, lulled into a sense of safety by their host, as well as the stories of triumph and joy that they told...

...only to Awaken back within the walls of Edna's Boarding House in the Freehold.

It's been a week, and I think we lost Pippin, so I'm going to close this plot and wait for when people are interested.

13. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread