(Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Seneschal's office not dark as it had been the first few months the Blind Haunt had dwelt within, but illuminated because the Doll's ghoul needed the light to see. Still the air was heady with sage smoke, and the dark wood desk, who's legs were carved to intricately and elegantly show scattered leaves, weaving vines, predators and prey of all sorts, and of course in the midst of the elegant chaos, are symbols and sigils of the Gods Alice pledged her unlife to.

Currently the Blind Doll was working on a letter to the Royal Archon Twist , Alice knew that the Prince promised her presence at the next Court, but Alice didn't want to wait until then, and she didn't wish to speak to the women with all of the Domain's ears perked awaiting just what would be discussed between the two women.

Hence the letter. Which was proving very difficult for Alice to write, her bone-pale fingers typing away at her braille keyboard, her text to speech program repeating what she'd written. The Haunt continued to back track as she realized what she was trying to articulate wasn't very good. Eventually, Alice huffed. And hit the 'a' key. Giving herself a laugh as the text to speech program kept a-a-a-a'ing at her.

Alice could feel Lyssa's amusment as the women waited off the side with the nice paper she'd transcribe Alice first draft upon.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

2. Likes West liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

That it was quiet was the first thing that Twist noticed as she made her way down the stairs that lead to Elyisum. And while it was literally quiet without the hum of Kindred mingling, it was also internally quiet. Her beast docile and dormant within her, no presence of other Kindred riling her up. Demanding blood.

It was a luxury that extended even as Twist stepped up to the doorway leading into the Seneschal's office. Though the white of Alice Hart 's form could be seen through the frame at her desk, her Beast was invisible even as her own was in return.

Lifting a hand, Twist rapped on the door frame even as she smiled in polite acknowledgment to Lyssa.

"Seneschal Hart- I hope I am not interrupting?" The soft lifting at the end conveying that if the blind woman was indeed busy, Twist would retreat.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

4. Likes , West liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The knock had her looking up, while the voice had her standing. "Not at all Your Grace" Her head ducks in deference, she'd learned her lesson in attempting to curtsy in a pencil skirt. And thanks the gods that the Daeva came to seek her out without Alice having to continue to fiddle with the later that was obviously not working out.

"Would you like a drink?" Alice asks as her bone-pale hand gestures to the ghoul off to the side, who brought out a little glass with a little knife she would use to cut herself to fill that little glass, while also offering the delicate and seductive women her wrist. The chose would obviously be Twist's.

After a moment of awkward silence, where Alice gestured to the pair of chairs placed in front of her wonderful desk, when the haunt hears Twist sit, she will do the same. "If...I might ask, why have you sought me out this evening?"

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you, but no." she says holding up her hand. Even if she was thirsty, Twist doubted that she would enjoy overly much a taste of the ghoul offered. There was an unnerving calm about the ghoul that went beyond the stoic calm of her own ghoul. And she wasn't sure her pride could handle the sting if Lyssa didn't react at all to her kiss. She had expectations and standards of herself after all.

Moving deeper into the room, Twist arranges herself casually in the chair across from Alice. A small show done out of habit given that Alice wouldn't be able to see her.

"I am no good at subtle investigations. My strengths lay elsewhere. So I am mostly coming to you because I have heard that perhaps I might be someone you wished to speak to. Regarding an incident last Court."

Twist was the opposite of subtle. She was blunt. She came because there had been a fuss made at court. A fuss involving Invictus and Daeva. And Alice had been there at the center. So of course she would go and speak to Alice.

It was obvious. What else would she do? Ask Lyssa?

7. Likes Yumyumcrow, West, liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Lyssa tries not to let her disappointment show. The living women had wondered if the brunette's kiss would feel different then her-her. The Seneschal's. Softly and unobtrusively as possible the small glass and the small knife where hidden away before then women sat herself on the edge of the sofa.

Alice in contrast gives Twist a jerking, strings-pulled nod, smoothing out her skirt as it lay under her, understanding that the Succubus might not wish to share a drink, the source of which lived, quite happily with the Domain's lone Nosferatu's.

Were Alice still in the habit of blinking behind her silken ribbons, or purple framed sunglasses (whichever it was for the night) she might have done so just now. Blunt? Alice should have realized that Daevas could be blunt, but hearing it stated quite plainly (bluntly?)

"I did wish to speak to you. Prince Clarke told me he would make sure you'd be available for the next court held, but honestly. I think I prefer this." Admits the Haunt. "How much of the..er...incident, do you know of?" Alice asks hesitantly, not wanting to waste the Royal Archon's time by giving her information she probably already had.

9. Likes West liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I agree. Court can be a busy place for conversations sometimes."

Twist knew enough about what had occurred to know that she wasn't being sent to visit anyone as Hound that evening. But that answer wouldn't really satisfy Alice any. Not that it should. Being Hound wasn't about satisfying anyone save the Prince.

"Some. But I do not mind listening to you explain what occurred." And she didn't. Or at least she didn't think she did. Twist realized that although she knew Alice, she had never really truly spoken with for any length of time. That was a shame and hopefully this conversation would begin steps to alter that situation. It was never a bad idea after all to be on speaking terms with the Seneschal of the city.

11. Likes , West liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Alright," comes Alice's hollow voice, "The incident was between, Madame Reeve Antinori, myself and...a Daeva of the Carthian Movement. Bea Connolly. As I'm sure you've discovered Miss Connolly introduces herself a 'Bea' with a card, with the single letter stamped on it. During the last court she quite rudely demanded that everyone call her 'Bea', were we anywhere but Elysia I would be happy to comply." Perhaps not happy, but she would have called the women Bea. "Madame Reeve Antinori called her Miss Connolly, as did myself, and she, wouldn't accept it. Insisting, rudely to be called Bea. i warned her that if she continued, I would have her tongue. Some time away from it, might do her good. Make her think. As a new venture had just arrived I moved to my office with him to go over his Acknowledgement, and Miss Connolly continued to yell at my back. Shortly thereafter Miss Connolly left and wrote and sent a letter to Prince Clarke."

Alice brakes off then, nodding to Lyssa. Who in turn stood, moved ac cross the room to Alice's desk and pulled out a flat piece of paper, though from the marks, and groves on the page it had once been a crumpled wreck.

In Lyssa's golden voice the ghoul reads aloud the missive. Before handing it to the Royal Archon.

Once Alice hears the hand off, and Lyssa returning to her seat she continues. "His Grace has already given me his response, to give to Miss Connolly, which I will give shortly...I wanted to speak with you because...I wanted to ask if you have any pointers you could give me in dealing with Miss Connolly."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist made a small humming noise of affirmation.

She had indeed meet the woman and then even proceeded to spend some time with her, though not alone. The meeting itself was prickly and the remainder of the time that Twist had spent in her company had not done much to alter that atmosphere.

A wry smile flickered briefly across her face at the mental imagery of Alice issuing such a statement to Bea. Turning to Lyssa, giving her attention she listens as the letter is read and then accepts it to scan over the words briefly. As Alice resumes speaking though, she lifts her gaze to the Seneschal.

At the concluding statement though amused surprise blooms across Twist's face. A laugh escapes and the humor of it continues to color Twist's words as she replies. "Ask me? For pointers in matters of social etiquette?" Twist pauses, gathering her humor in, and though it is clear from her voice that she is still likely wearing a slight smile, it is reigned in.

"I have dealt with her," she lifts the letter slightly, the rustling of the motion likely loud enough for Alice to hear, "It was not the easiest introduction to an individual I have ever had." Of course it also wasn't the worst. "But I suppose it depends on what type of an impression you are attempting to make with her when you deliver the message." Though not directly a question, Twist's voice still lifted toward the end, inviting further elaboration.

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The humor underlining the laugh has Alice's lips quirking upward, forming a too-wide-too-fake smile, instead of causing shame and embarrassment to flush her undead flesh, as a more mocking sound would have. "In anything you'd be happy to give me." is the Haunt's answer.

Shifting in her seat, a telling nervous habit, as she listens to the rustling paper, the delicate daeva's voice, and her queue to speak.

"I want to..." Alice trails off, gathering her thoughts before settling on a little bit of story time and honesty, "This is the first time I've found myself in a position of power. I don't want to embarrass myself or His Grace. I want to be taken seriously, I know I've warned Miss Connolly that I'd take her tongue if she continues to be...as rude as she'd been during Court, and I will, if she continues, but at the same time, I don't want to be thought of as a-a tyrant or a bloodthirsty idiot either."

16. Likes West liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a subtle shift in the smile on Twist's face, from amused to amused but she refrained from actually commenting on the response.

Instead, as Alice continues she grows again serious. It was after all an understandable concern she was voicing. Twist still wasn't sure she was the best person to ask but there was logic in asking her. After all in her time in Sacramento she had held numerous positions of authority.

"If you already have decided for yourself that you will carry through on the warning you issued, I would say that you have taken the most important step in insuring you will be taken seriously."

"As for being seen as a tyrant or bloodthirsty... have you broken any rules while Seneschal? Have you abused those who must obey you solely for your own pleasure or benefit? Have you actually ripped out anyone's tongue solely for the pleasure of doing so?"

"These are the marks of a bloodthirsty tyrant. Issuing a warning you mean to keep..."
    Twist made a scoffing gesture and sound.

18. Likes , Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread