Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Coterie Training)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    V
    Vivian York

"Oh, just a pistol with a silencer... nothing fancy. Had to be careful when I moved so as not to take anything I'd get questioned on if I got pulled over. My god, California has some nasty weapons laws!"

The concealed weapons thing was tricky. "Alice, you may want to look into getting one. I mean, perhaps they make one that could be made of something other than metal?" As to what, she didn't know. "But, right, you're blind. Of course you'd have a cane. May as well try to pull it off. I'm sure there is a away to do so. Cane swords are so nifty, I had one in England for a time. Well, it was from my umbrella. You know, double-O style." Vivian truly fancied the hidden weaponry, although some wasn't very practical anymore.

"Alright, kicking it is!" She seemed a little more excited about it than she possibly should have. Vivian turned a little and then leaned a bit and wound up with an upward kick to Ale's free hand. She felt pretty impressed by herself, despite that there were no heels. No blood drawn means no Beastly problems from anyone.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-03-20 16:11:48 Vivian Kicking rolls 4 to Str 3 + Brawl 1 (10 Again) 10, 10, 3, 3, 3, 9 3 successes

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

“A cane sword? That could work, and you’re right, a blind girl with a cane is expected. I’ll make some calls and see what I can find. I usually deal in guns, but might be fun to branch out.” Less paperwork with a knife or sword. But she wasn’t sure if it was legal, and if it was illegal, than it might be a little harder to get.

Seeing Alice turn, and then her punch land, Ale beamed as her body rocked back.

“Damn, now that’s what I like to see!” she praises, “Great punch! I knew you had it in you!” and it was a good punch. It landed and it had some force behind it. “Land enough of those and you’ll throw your opponent for a loop while you find a weapon. I can honestly say I don’t think anyone would expect a punch like that from you.” There was some pride in her voice.

“A pistol? Like a small caliber one? I'd considered a silencer for mine, but at their size and caliber, I figured it wouldn't help. And I totally get that about the laws. That’s why I got a license to carry mine. Though I’ve been trying to not rely on them in a fight, cause they’re loud and draw unwanted attention.” And it’s hard to explain gunshot wounds on a Kindred. “Still would like to see you shot though sometime. And you too Alice, it might be a little more advanced, but I think with enough practice you could use one. It all comes down to you being able to track your target.” She wasn’t sure how or if Alice could track a target, maybe there was something with the blood she could use.

“Oh, in the umbrella?! That’s cool, no reason I couldn’t try to find both. That way if the weather is bad and she has both and one gets taken, she still has one.” Maybe she could get Alice a bowing knife like the one she had. “I have a bowing knife, it fits perfect in my boots, or lower back and I'm sure it could fit in a bag, maybe we could get you one of those as well. Easier to get if the cane sword proves difficult, and something I could get you very soon.” It was a weapon that could be taken away, but could do quite a bit of damage.

Even though Vivian announced what she was going to do, the Savage was still surprised when the kick landed.

Her hand instinctively moved to her chest, and a look of surprise was on her face, “Damn Vivian, nice kick!” she says shaking her hand. “Now add some high heels to that and you’re a weapon! Think you guys were holding back or holding out on me.” She says with a chuckle.

“Ok, so we know you guys can punch and kick, but what if you were in a grapple? Can you escape or do you know what parts of your body to use as weapons to help break the hold?”

Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Blind haunt nods, jerking and strings pulled. "Ceramic, maybe? That way it wont turn up in a metal detector, could cut, and shatter if I need it too." the she laughs with a hollow delight, imagining Vivian with an umbrella sword. "Oh yes Ale, please try to find something for Vivian...and uh-me I guess. It would be just awesome to see-er-well have described to me."

Giving a blind girl a gun, something Alice only thought would be conceivable with a vampire being the blind girl. "Yeah, I do want to learn to shoot. No one would expect it. I can heighten my hearing, and once I figure a few things out, I'll be able to track without having to do that." Tilting her head at Ale, "I have a knife, it's not super great, but I do have one....I didn't bring it because this was supposed to be about hand-to-hand, so I thought that bringing it wouldn't be uh-sporting."

"Whoo!" Alice cheers on her Coterie mate once she hears the windup and the impact of the Daeva's kick.

"I know how to grapple." there's something dark in Alice's tone. "I can use my elbows, to the gut, a blow to the groin, stomp on their feet. Bash my head into their nose....and if I can't brake the hold, I can just bite - not with my fangs, or with my fangs if the situation calls for it."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

V
    Vivian York

"See!" She smirked. "That's why I needed the silencer. When you romance someone and then need to off them, it's generally a necessity. Or at least it has been. Not everyone I've had a hit on was one of us." She wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing, but Jason had usually done the ashing, or at the least, the ashing.

"You know, I wonder if we could set something up for that at a shooting range. As in something that would make a soft ticking sound as your target, or, behind a target." She looked to her Gangrel friend. "What do you think?" The Daeva snickered a little. "That would be totally unexpected; a blind woman who could shoot."

"Non-sexual grappling, yes?" She said deviously, but then resumed a less coy look. "I'm not an expert in grappling per say, but not a novice either. I've had to pull out of a sticky situation a couple times." She paused and cringed slightly at the terrible euphemism.

"But, I am willing to learn any new tricks that you may have Ale."

ooc

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing along, “Ok, I’ll make the calls when we’re done and see what I can get.” Ceramic made sense, but she’d never tried to get anything made out of it. And turns out she was finding something for Vivian, hell, she should turn this into a business.

Well, technically, she was always armed. Oh yeah, Claws! “Once we get the hand to hand figured out, I’ll set something up in the woods for some gun practice. Won’t really know a whole lot until we put a gun in your hands.” Was it scary? Hell yah it was, but Alice might surprise them, and Ale was willing to give her that chance.

“Nice, so you’ve been grappled before? Cause those are pretty much the right targets to go for. Is there any part of it you’re unsure of or want to try and work on?” teeth were good to use, but Claws were better. But not everyone had the luxury of them. And not many Savages were willing to share them either.

An eyebrow was raised at Vivian, “Well damn Vivian, remind me not to piss you off. Though it’d be interesting to see who could get to her guns first.” She adds with a wink and a playful tone.

Thinking over what Vivian suggested, “I’m honestly not sure. I know some ranges have automatic targets that either pop up or are mechanically pulled across the range. Kind of a way for people to improve on hitting a moving target. I suppose it’s possible for Alice to track the target by the sound the machine would make. The same goes for a live target, deer moving through the woods, a duck flapping its wings. People make noise all the time, so footsteps and talking would give away their location. I’ve also heard about a blind guy that made some type of device that translates visual information into audio cues. Might be something to look into.” There was a shrug.

“But going to an indoor range poses a risk for us, for me it’s my criminal ties, but more importantly, they have cameras. They usually want some form if id, and bringing a blind woman with us would draw some attention. Ok a lot of attention. Maybe I can rig something in the woods, I’ll look into it.” It wouldn’t be easy, but maybe there was something she could buy online or a how to video. Those were all the rage these days according to her Herd.

Snorting, “Yes Vivian, non-sexual grappling. Though I think it would be interesting to see you using it at the Asylum, might make for a fun show.” She adds with a sly grin.

“Well, I can grapple you Vivian and you can try and break out of it. What do you say, wanna give it a try?” she wasn’t the type to just go up and grapple someone she considered a friend without asking. Especially not another Kindred.

7. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Awesome." says the haunt, still mostly picturing the Daeva with an umbrella, though the image in her mind was more in the realm of fantasy and the Kingsman then anything grounded in reality.

Alice gives a hollow hum, considering it, before she nods. "If there's a sound I can lock onto...I'm sure I can get it...sooner or later." and vampires had a lot of time left for sooner or later. "Blind markswomen...it has a nice ring to it." And the more Alice imagined herself wielding a gun in battle the more she was growing to like the idea.

Alice gives an embarrassed sort of laugh at Vivian's words, and Ale's reply, before answering Ale. "I think Vivian wants to give grappling a go first. I can wait." the haunt steps away from where she stood, hopefully providing her Coterie mates with some more room to work with.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

V
    Vivian York

"It does have a nice ring to it Alice. We'll certainly need to put this whole scheme into practice to prepare for whatever may come, and for fun. A lot of fun." Training could be fun, and besides, how many situations went from jovial to crazy and serious in the blink of an eye.

The Daeva thought for a moment or so, not sure what to list as far as working on. "This is an expected attack, so a bit hard to judge. I presume I'll definitely figure it out after this first round." She thought back to the last time she was in sort of hold, slightly snorted and giggled. But now was not the time to think on wild nights.

"Haha, alright, grapple me Ale. I promise I'll behave." From a bright smile to a serious down to business look, she stood there, languid, and ready for whatever the Gangrel was about to do.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Grappling it was.

So it went for a little bit, Ale grappling Vivian, Vivian breaking the hold. If Alice wanted to be grappled, Ale will grapple her as well. Pointers were shared, and Ale let Vivian and Alice grapple her as well, showing them tricks she had picked up throughout the years.

And as the Daystar drew closer, the Coterie Mates would part ways, Ale providing Alice a ride to wherever she desired. Plans were made for another get together, this one to discuss their plans for the future as a Coterie, and how best to move forward.

One month! Great scene and looking forward to another

11. Likes Yumyumcrow, , West liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread