Ended
Watch
31 - 34
DISPLAYED
A Little Dinner Theatre

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan tilts her head, a little wary of the conversation topic but then straightens up and nods, "So mote it be, heh, Pippin," and does go to the table to join Alex and Mhairi.

"Well, heh, there twas the norman traceur that destroyed all the muscles in his ankle," she then got a confused look on her face, "by slipping on a empty bottle. Just walking, nary a stunt to hath he done," she shook her head as she let out a put upon sigh,"Dood flirted with the nurses at the heh hospital the whole time...really wish I'd nary offered to take him there."

Morgan listened as Pippin told his tale. After explaining what a Triffid was.

After a pause she decided to continue the topic, "Right, heh, we art talking upon back There." She takes a deep breath and gives her own story. At her usual rapid fire rate: "I can nay tell much of before There. I twas an athlete, gymnast for truth. Heh-heh, twas good too, recall many trophies. I ken what took us. We call the bastards like them Privateers. Yes Mhairi, that tis why I heh hate goblin markets," Morgan gave a quick nod of her head in the affirmative. "I learned where we landed twas called the Screaming jungle. Think, heh, Amazon in a canyon with a plethora of predators and ruled by a psycho hunter Keeper. We were prey, well, technically," she raises one hand and waves it in the "so-so" gesture, "I twas decoy as the most agile, heh. But lots of things try to eat us, eat each other, or fall off cliffs trying to pounce upon me. Like in that movie with the mini dog and the kittens. So...I climbed, jumped, carried, and ran a lot. And I climbed out."

Others might notice how the personal pronouns slipped into plural several times.

Cool. This has been fun.

Alex Rivers

Alex finds the wine in the refrigerator and gets some glasses out of the cabinet.

"I don't remember a second of my time Over There. Mostly because I didn't have a brain to remember things with. There are just... instincts left over. The more I've learned since, the more I realize that's a blessing. And the story of how I got Taken... all too simple. I met a hot guy in a bar. It turns out he was into horticulture. And a lot of other things..."

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Alex is on glass and wine grabbing duty, and Morgan's been sent to the table, and Mhairi realizes she did nothing to help. Oops.

Then it seems like Mhairi's words opened the flood gates.

"Thank you, for sharing." Mhairi's sincerity could be seen in the depths of her fell-flame gaze.

The scents of the food continue to entice the elemental, who accepts a plate, even if she'll most likely pick at her meal.

"My story begins with some history. It's a tradition in my family to be named after a star, or a constellation. Even people who've married in, their names are changed. My Uncle's Orion, my mom, Ankaa...me." Mhairi doesn't say, Alex and Morgan if they'd been paying attention during what turned out to be her impromptu Coronation would realize she swore that Oath upon her True Name, Cassiopeia James. "It was our names that drew Their notice. Apparently I caught the eye of a Lord, who's wife did not like that. I don't know what happened but when I was Taken...it was after I found out I had a bit of the Sight, and could have easily been called Casandra...." Mhairi's fell-flames flicker, "The Wife-er-Ex-Wife, Took me. She had me forged in the heart of a dying star...she made certain I was conscious throughout the entier thing. So I could listen to her, so I could feel the flames." she shutters. She hates the heat, the flames. She can still feel them cooking her flesh until she had none left, boiling the marrow in her bones, her bones charring until nothing remained. "She...once I was forged. The Ex-Wife, trained me. Made me...a weapon and a present. For her Ex-Husband, the Lord who brought me to Her attentions. I was welcomed into His court, eagerly. My orders were to cause chaos...the Lord refused to believe it was me who was the cause of such chaos...it was his Court that threw me out, irregardless of what the Lord would do to them....and when I was out...I wasn't stupid enough to go back to the Ex-Wife and report my failure. The stars lead me out-out. I got home...twenty years later."

She tries a bite of the curry, it's tasty.

"When I got home, I threw a temper tantrum, and got my Fetch killed. She had a husband, kid, a dog and a cat. The white picket fence....I was so mad." she shakes her head. "But none of that was mine. I went to my Uncle, he knew how to make fake IDs and I thought a wing and glasses and twenty years between what I looked like and what my Fetched turned me into would be enough. It wasn't. Because my Uncle's a mirrorskin, whisperwisp of Winter." moving her curry across the plate. "He told me what was in my mom's coffin wasn't my mom, but the remains of a Fetch. I don't even know if she's Out or if she's still There."

Looking up at the gathered Lost, "That's why I call myself Ankaa. It's for her."
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

4. Likes Origins, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    P
    Pippin

Pippin went to gather food as the others spoke taking a few bites to make sure the spice level was right. When Mhairi finished speaking he cleared his throat.

“Well this gathering certainly has gotten maudlin. On that note, I propose a toast before we eat and put all this talk of the past behind us.” He raised his glass of wine before continuing “To new friends, may the bond between us be strong and hold firm against that which would have us become Lost again. And to those we left behind, may the good be remembered fondly and live on in the stories we tell of them, and may the bad be forgotten never to return to plague us.” He raised his glass higher and after the others do the same he takes a sip before digging into his food hoping that someone will move them on to happier topics.

Awesome guys this was a ton of fun, we should do this again some time.

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.