It was fairly late in the night, but early for a Kindred. Ale had lost track of the actual time, letting her feet and thoughts carry her though the streets. Her eyes not really focusing on the Kine that she passed, or the appreciative looks she got for either her beauty or her ink. It was the furthest thing from her mind.

Her current mindset was up for debate right now. It was filled with numerous thoughts, numerous ideas, and none of them set right with her. She was still racked with the guilt of what had happened at that Gangrel meeting. The loss of a family member with so much promise. The fatal blow issue by her own hands, her own claws ending a Danse before it really had a chance to begin. Her claws still stained with the ash of Brittany in her mind, ash that would never wash off.

There are things,
I regret.
That you can't forgive.
You can't forget.

Sure, in her time as a mortal she had ended numerous lives. Too many to count at this point. But none of them had been family, she’d never raised her hands or guns to family. It just didn’t happen in her world, family was the most important thing in that world. And now she wore that guilt around her neck, weighing her down in more than one way.

Would she ever find forgiveness from herself for her actions that night?

There's mistakes,
That are made.
But I made 'em my way

She didn’t know. But she did know that it impacted her urge to resort to violence. And would that change affect her ability to fulfill her duty to the Domain as Reeve? She knew she would always defend her family and friends to the death, that was never in question. But what of the others? What of the ones that didn’t deserve her dedication? Could she put personal grievance’s aside for the better and the defense of the Domain?

It was a question that kept circling around her head, over and over again. Did she really care to defend Kindred who were so selfish and immature? And the truth was, she didn’t.

So, take this night.
Lay me down on the street.
I know I'm not forgiven,
But I hope that I'll be given
Some peace.

So as the question replayed, and words replayed, one thing stuck out to her.

Was this the Domain for her? Or was it time to listen to the call of the open road and move on?

https://youtu.be/jvNBCMsiktE