Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
(3CM) Norteno's Trax

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"Two things," Bea replied as she walked toward Lobo's table.

"Bullets, and the guns that fire them."

She came to a stop before the man, but only so she could select a chair. She doubted he would offer her one, anyways. Something about him, and Trax, for that matter, just didn't seem to say "Hospitality".

"Hence the present I handed over to your man. Thats not the specific reason for why I wanted to speak to you, though. The specific reason is that I'm trying to track a specific gun, and the specific person wielding it. The same person, and the same gun, as it happens, that executed two of your soldiers in the empty lot on (blank) and (blank). So, I thought to myself, Lobo and I might have mutual interests in mind."
    Bea ("Bee"). Daeva, Carthian Movement. Pres 2 (Unimpressed).

2. Likes liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Bea's words cause a stir.

There's a collective shift of attention like an entire military company making a synchronized turn. Chairs squeak. Heads swivel. Other conversations fade.

Even the flies stop buzzing.

"What you know about that?" Lobo talks like he's watched too many Godfather movies or Brando is his idol. His chin juts up and out so he can look down his nose, and the words are pronounced with a quiet wheeze.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"Not as much as I'd like," Bea admitted, meeting Lobo's eyes with an unwavering stare that no human could match. "That's why I'm here. Your soldiers went to that meeting to buy, or sell, high explosive incendiary rounds. I'd like to know which it was. I'd also like to know who the deal was set up with. Explosive rounds are bad for business, you see. My organization doesn't like to have them stateside. They attract pigs with federal badges. So, if you can tell me what I'd like to know to clean up this mess, then I can help you get justice for your men, and more importantly, we can start to do business."

2 successes to persuade!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-03-09 02:37:35 Bea rolls 6 to Let's do business (manip3+pers3) (10 Again) 9, 10, 5, 2, 5, 3, 6 2 successes

5. Likes , West liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"No way my guys buy blow up bullets. Ever since Lil Joey lost a finger and they got hard to find. More hassle they they're worth."

Lobo's answer is way too casual to be a fabrication. He says it like he's just indulging -- or even thanking -- Bea, but there's definitely a bit more given than he had to.

"Ramon* fell in with some kids in juvie that ended up in MOD. Sometimes they did things on the low-low. Anybody else I'd give a permanent limp to but his momma's pops and my abuela do Bingo together."

Criminal minds at the mercy of octogenarian Bingo chat.

"God rest Ramon's soul." Lobo crosses himself lazily with the afterthought.

Feel free to keep rolling!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-03-09 13:18:26 Lobo rolls 6 to Bosses Get More Dice (10 Again) 5, 3, 3, 3, 8, 2 1 success
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

7. Likes Cayce, liked this post

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"Amen," Bea agreed, mimicking the gesture. No matter that she'd killed God, the blessed virgin, and all the saints long ago, in the sands near Babylon.

"Can you give me their names?"
    Bea asked next, eager to get back to the business at hand. "The MOD pendejos that got Ramon killed. I'd be happy to pass on a message to them from you. After they answer my questions, of course."

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-03-09 16:32:38 Bea rolls 6 to Persuade the Asset (manip3+pers3) (10 Again) 3, 4, 6, 10, 9, 4, 2 2 successes

9. Likes liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"MOD already got to one, I heard that didn't end up so good for him."

Apparently he didn't have a Fairy Abuela protecting him.

"Word is the other one was up in Oak Park, got himself a lady at Club Fantasy." Hey, everyone likes big butts, right? "So this guy, Vu, tries to buy off her vig from her pimp and things went crazy."

It's a nice way of saying the kid flashed a was and the pimp decided he could have the money and keep the ho. Oak Park? It's Blood territory.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-03-11 08:58:35 Lobo rolls 6 to Bosses Get More Dice (10 Again) 8, 3, 2, 6, 6, 3 1 success

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"So MOD already killed one, right? And the pimp probably killed the other...Probably. Is there any chance that he's still alive? I hope so, because there's another player out there, one that's already killed your men, and Vu is probably the only person that knows who they are at this point," Bea pressed, hoping Lobo would keep letting all these helpful little morsels fall from his lips.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-03-14 03:08:08 Bea rolls 6 to spill them words! (manip3+pers3) (10 Again) 4, 5, 10, 10, 7, 10, 1, 6, 1 3 successes
    Just trying to confirm that Oak Park is the next stop

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Probably," Lobo shrugs. "But no one confirmed it. It's always a little more... delicate... when you share borders, you know? Nobody needs corners fighting instead of makin' money. Plus it all started on their turf, so maybe they find something out first? Things about to get loco, though. If you got more firepower maybe we can work something out. MOD out for blood right now."

Indeed!

Bea
    Bea

PRE

"Oh, I have more," Bea agreed with an easy smile, settling more comfortably into her chair and mentally drawing up her rates.

"Once we reach a deal, MOD might as well have BB guns compared to what you'll have."

Good to end if this is a good stopping point

14. Likes Yumyumcrow, , West liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread