Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 29
DISPLAYED
The New Guy in town

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    P
    Pippin

Pippin smiles as he pulls down the fox mug that Mhairi had indicated was her’s and prepares her coffee the way she indicated, after the 4th scoop of sugar he figured was enough but made sure to bring the jar with him as he made his way to the table.

“Well I’m always happy to share things I’ve found, especially if it means I don’t have to be the one to cook. Who’s Sera? Another boarder?” He asked letting the question hang in the air as he helped himself to some of the stack of French toast, pouring perhaps more syrup then was necessary onto the plate. Taking a long drink of his coffee, savoring the taste. I had forgotten how much Americans love their coffee. Even simple home brews are better here.
    Though we have got to get this house a Keurig, that pot takes entirely too long to brew

“This is fantastic, though I must admit I’ve been a fan of breakfast for dinner since I was a child, my parents hated that.” A sad smile crossing his lips as he thought of them for the first time in a while. “Though on another note, what are the local Thorns like? I’ve been something of a wanderer though the brambles since my return to the world of bills and creadit statements.”

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi nods, taking a drawn out sip, "Seraphina of Spring. She's agreed to help out around the kitchen in return for a room."

Unknown to Pippin, Mhairi, whenever she's enjoying home brewed coffee, she too wishes for a Keurig. Anything to get a mouthwatering mocha at home. Even if it confuses her tastebuds.

"It is isn't it?" She says, even if she wishes he'd gotten to six or seven scoops before calling it done.

A surprised laugh escapes the Wisp, "Well then you're in for a treat. Breakfast for Dinner is a big hit around here." Her head tilts, "Which might be why my first instinct was french toast. Too bad we're out of bacon."

Fell-flames flicker, "The Thorns...? They're not as hostile as some I've seen, but they are most definitely not safe." Imparting the seriousness of her words. "When we go in. We go in with a plan, and most definitely with a 'we'. The Summer Queen went into the Thorns. With a party and she...vanished into thin air." Mhairi still didn't know the full story there. But no one's seen Ramona since. She just hoped....Sal's didn't have her. "The local market. Is a plain no go. It's Sal's Flesh Market and it's as pleasant as it sounds."
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

P
    Pippin

Setting down his mug and finishing up his helping of French toast, he processed the information about the local hedge, the bowls of Lucky Charms kept intruding into his thoughts, until he simply had to ask. “If I didn’t know better I’d say you had brownies, or some other household sprite, though traditionally they prefer a dish of fresh milk or cream.” He said gesturing to one of the many bowls around and winking at her.
    He finished his cup of coffee before rising to take his plate to the sink and pour another cup, bringing the carafe with him in case his sovereign wanted a top off. “So the local market is a Slavers den, interesting, that might be how you got Dragon’s though is your winged pest more of a ‘virgins are my favorite snack’ or a ‘how dare you steal form my horde, I’m going to take everything you value as mine now’ ?”
    Settling back into the chair before he continued, “Because they have very different motives, folkloricly speaking of course, I’ve never run into a breathing one myself.” The mystery was already digging into Pippin’s brain, he knew he couldn’t leave even if he wanted too now, not until he understood.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"With what we are now. What we've gone through. Sometimes folklore's wrong. Mumphert's his own person, and he likes Lucky Charms. For the irony. And the sugar." Mhairi says, licking some syrup off her fork.

A soft sound as Pippin says 'slave den'. Her greatest fear was that Ramona and the others who've also disappeared were there now, the hope of rescue reduced to basically nothing.

"I don't know where the Dragon came from. But I know he's been a shadow over the Freehold for years. Half a decade I think. We once had a shared Commons, he burned that to the ground. Killed most of the Freehold. Stole others. He goes into hiding when he's weakened, but he's back now. And we're dealing with it." Mhairi wouldn't settle for anything less. In Ava's, Coco's and Ramona's memory. Coma, gone and disappeared. Each of them had wanted to end that overgrown lizard, but none of them would be here to see it. But it would happen. "He's one of Them. I know he's a creature of Greed. I don't understand his motives. And I'm glad of that."

P
    Pippin

Pippin finds himself a little taken aback that his assumption of a brownie was in the house, even with all he'd seen both in the Big Top and since returning had led him to believe they were fiction or misremembering of helpful lost. "I meant no offense, in all my time i had never met a Brownie, though folklore is often wrong, though there is usually a kernel of truth to the stories of the Fair Folk whom dwell underhill. Is the good Mumphert lost like us or something stranger still?" He takes a long sip of coffee a direct attack form one of the Fair Folk was always cause for concern.
    "He burned the old commons to the ground? That would be why my friend in Hong Kong was concerned that he hadn't heard anything out if the city for a while i'll take it. Forgive me for being presumptuous, while unknowable in most things, knowing their motives and flaws is often the key to banishing them back to wherever they come form. A creature of greed would imply that our scaly guest is of the latter category and I'd hazard that he thinks, in as much as i will pretend to understand its motives, that someone amongst the lost here took something from his hoard and either still has it or hid it in the city or the Thorns. Given that he feels that the Lost have wronged him i don't think he'll just go home when he gets it but if we could find it first it may prove either to be barging chip to lock him into an oath or a powerful weapon to use against him."

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"He's...just a Brownie." Mhairi replies, perplexed.

Another bite, not surprised that other 'holds were watching Sacramento and how they dealt with the lizard. "The only things I know we've stolen from him. Are ourselves." the lick of crackling flame is back to line her voice. "He wants us. He wants what we have. Or what he thinks we want." she stabs the diminished stack of french toast on her plate. "We have both." she informs him, but declines to tell him more. Even with that Pledge binding them together, that didn't mean that he couldn't take what information he gained here, and in the time he had until the Spring Equinox and sell it to the highest bidder. Which didn't have to be an enemy of the 'hold to want this sort of information.

P
    Pippin

“Well I can’t wait to meet him, Brownies were always my favorites in fairy stories when I was young.” He finished his coffee and got up to put the mug in the sink. “ Well I am glad to see you have this all work out or at least the broad strokes, I’d had to have found such a pleasant sovereign to have her disappear on me. I’m not looking for that promotion.” The sincerity in his voice obvious as he winks at her.
    “So is there a free bedroom or am I kipping on the sofa?” He asked when he saw that she was finished with her food and shouldering his Hikers pack he stops, something occurring to him. “Oh I almost forgot the most important question to ask you. What is the Wi-Fi password?”

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

And just like that. Mhairi was fairly certain she knew just why and how this man was Taken, and became the Elemental he was now.

"I don't think anyone is." she replies to the quip with a laugh, but it's the honestly truth Autumn's Courtiers, or at least Morgan and Nathan were terrified of the thought of the Crown. Of the power, wrapped with the responsibility.

"There should be a bedroom free, upstairs, close to the front of the house." Mhairi replies easily as Pippin picks up his bag and the wisp remembers that he'd just come from the airport. Jet lag. Yikes. "Ha. Well its...." she trails off, then thinks again and grabs a piece of paper to write it down. "So you don't forget it."

P
    Pippin

Pippin gave Mhairi a tired wave as he grabbed the slip of paper with the password and started off toward the staircase, Confident he was going to like it here, especially if the rest of the members of the Freehold were half as enchanting to talk to as the Dread Queen.

I think that's a wrap, thanks for the fun thread, closing this one now

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.