Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She had almost forgotten she was the only Ladder before Vallerion called. This should have been Truce’s job, well, if he was still here.

What the hell was she supposed to say? This was so not her thing, but, looks like it was going to have to be. She was the only Ladder and Shaman, time to just deal with it.

It was always good to try and make a good impression on new faces, so she threw on leather pants, a green colored t shirt and her long red leather coat. She hadn’t worn it in a while and it was her favorite. Long hair was left down as she breezed into the coffee shop. It was one she frequented and she smiled as she explained she had reserved one of the private rooms. They were usually used for business meetings or study sessions, but today it would be for Ladder business.

The room wasn’t too big, but it was comfortable. It had over sized plush leather couches in one corner and a table with chairs in another. Faye was sitting on one of the couches, her leather coat hanging off on of the arms, sipping coffee from a cup. On the table was pot of coffee with another cup as well as some water.

@Vallerion

V
    Vallerion

Time for the settled meeting was slowly approaching and he started to feel a little restless. Not from the meeting itself, he was actually looking forward to it, rather from what chain of events it will likely trigger. No more hiding from the reality of being Awakened. Time for a commitment, for a serious business. Things that were always making him uncomfortable.

He left his flat early enough to come before the scheduled time. Dressed neither too casualy, nor too festively, Vallerion arrives at the coffee shop. After entering the private salon they agreed on, he realizes that she is already there waiting for him.

Hello, so this is me, Vallerion, nice to meet you. I hope I didn't keep you waiting for too long.” He introdudes himself and smiles heartily, while looking at his Order colleague.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

As the door opens and a guy walks in and introduces himself as Vallerion, she puts her cup down and stands.

Her hand extends, “Hey Vallerion! I’m Faye, or Madision, which is my stage name. Welcome to Sacramento, please, sit.” She motions to the couches, “I have some coffee and water, or I can get something else if you don’t want either.” She sits back down herself, taking a quick sip before continuing. “So, tell me about yourself.” Seemed like a good place to start.

V
    Vallerion

Thank you, no,that's totally fine.” He shakes her hand and politely refuses anything special to drink. He would like to have some beer, but it is not appropriate time for this now, he's got a whole evening for that. Well, if he is not required to do something more important.

Fair enough. I moved to Sacramento only recently from the East coast, mostly trying to escape my old life there which became kind of unbearable after I awakened... And also because of some stuff I did before I awakened. And I'd say I suceeded, even though some habits die hard. I managed to find a job here, I mean it's kind of crappy but at least I got something to pay for the rent of my flat and to enjoy myself a little. About some more formal stuff, I walk the path to Arcadia, and as you have already guessed from the call my allegiance lie with The Silver Ladder... So, now I believe it's your turn.” Vallerion smiles and drinks a bit of coffee as he finishes his speech.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Ah, somewhat of a traveler. Though, weren’t most Awakened travelers of some sort? "Oh, the east coast? Mind if I ask which part? I spent a lot of my childhood traveling the east coast, lots a awesome places to see."

Smiling, “I actually walked that Path myself a couple months ago. A beautiful Path, your Councilor is Tuesday, and I’ll make sure to give you her number. You’ll find her really enjoyable and fun to be around I think. It’s just you and her right now.” And she takes out her phone and quickly jots down the number she has for Tuesday, handing the paper over.

“Well, as for the Ladder, it’s just you and I currently. The other, Truce, has left town and I’m not sure if he’ll be returning or not.” Which made her Deacon by default? Oh she hoped not, leadership was soo not her thing.

“But since I’ve been here we’ve had fairly small numbers, both in the community and within the Ladder. The small numbers aren’t a big deal though, everyone seems to work well together. There’s only two Cabals right now, Temoins du Sud, and Veiled Threats.” maybe her and Strix would get lucky and the new guy would join them. Was a nice thought, but it didn’t matter either way.

“Me? Oh, well, lets see. Been in town off and on for maybe three years. Always been with the Ladder since my Awakening. But spent my life on the road, only spending a month at most in any city or town. But Sacramento has this way of sucking you in.” she says with a laugh. “I’m currently a Shaman, and have passed my exams to be a magical lawyer. Uh, not really sure what else there is about me, not really used to talking about me. But I like to think I’m an open book, so I’m willing to answer anything you might have.”

V
    Vallerion

"Northeast. Most of the time it was Boston, I used to live there with my parents, been a huge Bruins fan for my whole life." He laughs as he adds "You'll learn that I'm one of those Awakened who really likes to indulge in modern life. Also I often like to be around Sleepers, I think that's what has drawn me to the Ladder in the first place , the protective and friendly policy towards them."

"Yeah, you're right, it is, and I have still a lot to discover along it, so exciting. May I ask, why did you switched your Path? If it's nothing too personal, you know...And thanks a lot for that number, much appreciated."
    he accepts the number with gratitude, without realizing that it is the other one of the contacts he was chosing from recently.

He takes a sip of coffee and nods his head in agreement, when Faye mentions that group seems to be cooperating well together. "I'm really glad to hear that, it makes things much easier when our kind in the area decides to work together, no matter the difference in Paths and Orders. Wait, Veiled Threats?" He starts to laugh a little. "Now that's what I call an imaginative Cabal name. And the other one, does it mean something specific? Sound French..."

After Faye reveals something from her background, he replies. "Wow, so it seems you're longer in Sacramento than I'm Awakened. And being a lawyer for mages sounds like an interesting job, really. I do something much less noble, to be honest. I guess thats because I have never finished any university education." he makes a little pause, losing himself in thoughts.

"I recall you said that you have a stage name, so you are a sort of an artist? That sounds cool." He asks Faye and after that switches to a more serious topics.

"I wonder what kind of undertaking do we do in Sacramento these days?... If I have clearance for information like this... I would like to make myself usefull in it somehow. And also, do we have some gathering place? You know, to get in touch with others, or to seek refuge if shit hits the fan."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Smiling, “I totally get that! Even after I Awakened I continued my job. Maybe it’s seeing the wonder and awe in Sleepers eyes at the most mundane things. But I’ve been to Boston, lots to see and great people. Though I didn’t quite care for the winters.” She says with a laugh.

Blue eyes look down at her coffee briefly before she takes a sip, “Oh, well, I didn’t really have a say in it. A couple months ago we all had these dreams, some were good and some were bad. The bad were about what our lives would be like if Seers win the ongoing battle. Needless to say, we realized every one of us had these dreams and nightmares, and things were set into motion. We currently are traveling back in Time to prevent the Seers from making those nightmares a reality. The last trip, well, it helped us, but it also changed my Path. Not really sure how, but went to bed an Enchantress and work up a Shaman.” There was a shrug, “Maybe it’s for the best, I’m not sure yet. But it just goes to prove that every action we take has a consequence somewhere. The funny part? Some people remember me as an Enchantress and some don’t, so it’s interesting seeing how Time and Fate are playing out.” It sucked sometime, but she wouldn’t burden the new guy with that.

Grinning, “Yup, Veiled Threats. Good group of people, I was in that Cabal before I left town for a bit. And it does, it means Witnesses’ of the South. We’re based in the southern part of the city and keep an eye on things there. Good ear.” She says with a smile. “Do you speak French? I spent some time in school in Montreal, but never picked up much of the language.” It just never stuck, much to the dismay of her teachers.

“We really haven’t had need for a lawyer, and it’s just part of moving ahead in the Ladder. I failed my first test, but decided I really wanted to pass it, you know, prove myself. So if it’s something you ever want to do, let me know and I can help you study. But it’s not my official job, as much fun as it would be!” but no one had been causing trouble since Striker left. “If you don’t mind, what do you do for work?”

Nodding, “Not really an artist in the traditional, performer is the better term. I’m a side show performer, used to work for the circus and Ren Faires around the states.” Though she was seriously considering retiring so to speak.

“We have a place, The Circle, where we all gather for meetings. But there are also spaces set aside in the church for each Order. Since Truce left, I haven’t gone and done much with it, but its there. As far as an undertaking?” she thinks it over, “We really haven’t had one to be honest. Our numbers have been small, the most I’ve seen being three. The Consilium is working together quite nicely since the whole dream thing, which was something I always wanted to see. A divided Consilium leaves many openings for Seers to attack. It would be good to have a Hierarch back in place, when Truce left he left us without one. Now with our numbers as low as they are, most are reluctant to have one, thinking we can govern ourselves. Part of me can understand that, but then it goes without saying that having someone in place to issue a final ruling is important. But I’m curious, cause it sounds like you are young to being Awakened, what undertakings would be important to you? What ideals drew you to the Ladder?”

V
    Vallerion

He listens carefully to Faye while sipping coffee, which is slowly disappearing. “Well, the more we talk, the more I would actually guessed you for an Enchantress, ifI didn't know your Path. But I guess being Thyrsus could be also satisfying, It seems to me like a very positive and natural Path, what do you think?”

“No, I don't speak French, but I tend to recognize some languages just by the sound of them. I've actually never joined a Cabal before, and it sounds tempting, but I'll wait and see. I just want to have a little bit more information about…pretty much everything...before I commit to a Cabal, you know.” although sounding serious, he still keeps an light-hearted smile on his face.

“Thanks a lot for offering me help, we'll se what the future holds. Okay, if you really want to know, I sell in a liquor store.” he says, laughing. “Told you, not a noble job. I’m glad to have one though, and it’s not too demading, so I have plenty of time for other affairs.”

“The circus? Oh, interesting, I guess that explains why were you travelling quite a lot.” he says and finishes the cup. After putting it on the table, he sits back on the comfy couch.

“Next time there’s going to be a meeting at the Circle, could you please let me know? By undertaking I meant something like you were talking before, about the Seers and the dreams. It was probably a confusing choice of words from me. Simply helping others to learn the way around our community here would be sufficient for start I’d say. Yeah, I’m Awakend for a little less than 2 years,” he pauses to think, then nods asif he were confirming his own words to himself, and continues.

“There are still so many things I have to grasp. About the Silver Ladder, well, as I said before, the benevolence towards Sleepers was one of the reasons. The Quiesence they are in, it's just really unfair to them I think. Apart from that, when I was freshly Awakened my life turned to total and complete chaos, and I believed that the Ladder will bring me some order, something firm to help me get back in line. And my self-regulation is not good enough to become Arrow, so...Also I'm not very strong physically, so I think I'd suffer in that Order. And lastly, I totally agree with you that we need to be well organised to be able to face the threats more efficiently, and that is another thing which drew me to our Order.”

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Well, it’s different. After spending so many years as an Enchantress, it’s hard to get used to not being able to call upon Time and Fate. The Arcana becomes like a close friend, something there you can count on. But so far Life has proven to be very natural to me. I’ve always wanted to be useful with my Path, and always felt like I could only do so much before I was just watching. With Spirit and Life, I can actually have a positive impact on others, I can really help, and that’s an amazing feeling. Now don’t get me wrong, Time and Fate are amazing Aracanas, and very useful, but I always felt like I wasn’t useful with them. But Tuesday? She knows how to weave those Aracana will great skill.” She was a little jealous, but knew her new Path was where she was destined to be.

Nodding, “I was the same. Cabals had never held any appeal before I settled here, and even then it wasn’t an easy thing to join. It was finding one that fit with who I was and what I wanted to do. And you won’t find anyone here pushing you to join a Cabal, so take as much time as you need.” She adds with a smile.

Shrugging as she took a sip, “A job is a job.” She says, not worried what he did for a living.

“Some would say my line of work isn’t noble. Carnies and those who travel with the Ren Faires don’t usually have the best reputation. I think that’s misunderstand and probably a few who made the rest of us look bad. But I’m thinking of getting out of the business so to speak. I’m not as young as I used to be and want something more stable.” Sacramento was home now, so there was no more traveling. And the work would eventually dry up.

“Of course! I’m sure Tuesday will let you know too.”
    She’d never leave another Awakened out of a meeting, that was just rude and stupid.

“Well, that certainly made things change around here. You’ll find some are a little less trusting of new faces when they show up. So don’t take it personally, but the Seer’s are more of a threat than they ever have been. And with our numbers as small as they are, helping each other is all we can really focus on. Having each other’s backs and being ready to jump in when shit hits the fan. The biggest is being willing to go back in Time with us. The group we have is small, but the more we have to help, the more successful we’ll be.”

Damn, two years? He was a baby still.

Her head nods in understanding, as she offers him more coffee from the carafe on the table, if he wants more she’ll pour the coffee. If not? She’ll refill her own cup.

“I get that, how chaotic things are when you Awaken. The world is the same, yet different. And I’m the same way, I’m not physically strong, well, unless you count being able to bend and twist my body into any shape.” She adds with a laugh, “I agree about Sleepers. There is so much potential in them, and they should be given the chance to decide their fate, to decide if they should Awaken or not. I never believed we held the right to decide to change someones destiny, Mage or Sleeper.” They weren’t gods, though there were probably some who thought they were. Cause they had the power to be god like.

“The Ladder is good for being order to what would otherwise be chaos. Mages need order, and the only way to order is with rule. And we rule and offer fair justice when needed.”

V
    Vallerion

After Faye opens up about her attitude towards the new, perhaps destined Path, he replies: "I understand why you miss your old Path, those two Arcana are wonderful. But...aren't they all? Personaly, I'm not so keen on Death, but I totally get and respect anyone who finds it appealing to him."

"Glad to hear that. The first step is to know others at least on some level."
    he adds to the problematic of cabals.

"Oh, thank you, but I'm not a big coffee drinker, and I already had today more than I'm used to."
    he refuses another round of coffee with polite smile and then switches back to topic of the Seer-problem. "Time travel is something that fascinated me since I was a kid. Oh, how I loved watching these silly sci-fi's with travelling in time. That's perhaps why Time is the Arcana I'm currently most experienced in. And I admit to meddle with it myself, but only in insignificant cases. Going far back in Time must be surely a great adventure, and I find it really attractive, but it is also full of risk and danger, is it not? And what about Banishers, any of these guys causing trouble in the neighbourhood?"

"That caution is absolutely understandable, and I wouldn't hold a grudge with anyone who will be suspicious of me at first. I guess there's at least one Awakened whose trust I gained, though."
    he says with a teasing smile.

After Faye reminds him about Tuesday once more, he decides to put callig her on soon-to-do list. As much as it is great to speak to relatively like-minded Order colleague, It will be also great to meet another Acanthus.

"That's right. All of the willworkers who consider themselves being somehow above the Sleepers are like people who would flaunt that they are better than the blind. I mean, yeah, when one Awakenes he becomes naturally more powerful, but no one should feel privileged to use it to take advantage of those who were not that lucky. That wouldn't be very just."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread