Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1702) Step into my Parlor

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice no longer needed to count her steps to and from her office. The path taken to reach it, or Elysium proper was a familiar one. With Lyssa taking the lead so that her new ghoul could open her office door for the kindred, and organize the binders she's need to show Ashton, she only need to listen to the women's steps to navigate.

Once inside, Dominic will find the scent of sage and other aromatic herbs a strong one, and might notice incense sticks, with piles of ash laying under them. Occasionally these piles have been decorated with spiraling finger patterns. The venture's eyes are drawn to a splendid dark wood desk, it's legs craves with a intricate designs. Scattered leaves, weaving vines. Predators and prey of all sorts along with the signs and sigils of the Gods Alice has pledged her unlife to.

A pair of chairs rest in front of the desk. Alice leads Ashton to them, chooses one for herself and gestures to the other. The Ghoul remains standing. A pair of binders lay in her hands.

"First things first Mister Ashton, have you ever committed or do you ever plan to commit Amaranth?" Alice's smile is sharp, cold, and utterly fake.

1 suxx Spot a Lie
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-02-10 14:59:12 Alice Hart rolls 1 to Spot a lie (Wits 3 + Empathy 1 -3Blind) (10 Again) 8 1 success
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

D
    Dominic Ashton

Alice's office appeared as much a work space as a shrine. The smells were delightfully intoxicating, and though he lacked faith, Dominic appreciated the craftsmanship of the desk. It was a powerful statement though. Clearly her religion carried as much weight as her public duties. One night he would have to pick her brain on the relationship between the church and the state.

For the time being, Dominic eased into a chair across from the Seneschal. "No ma'am. Cannibalizing our kin just doesn't align with my morals." His leg began to bounce up and down. An old nervous habit from his mortal days. "Not to deviate from the topic at hand, but the others didn't mention covenant affiliations earlier, and so I didn't announce my own during my introduction. However, in the spirit of full disclosure you should know I am a Carthian." It would have been better to mention his membership at the onset. Since he hadn't, Dominic hoped she wouldn't judge him too harshly for the revelation now. "I don't know that it will impact your line of inquiry, but..."

He let the implications linger. One way or another, Alice's reaction would give him some insight into how the Domain viewed the Movement. If he was lucky he might get contact information for his peers.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Good, good." Alice gives Dominic a slow, jerking, strings pulled nod. "Not that I assume every new face has committed such an act, but the question must be asked and I do not see the point in forestalling the inevitable."

The vibration caused by Ashton's movement travel through the floor and towards the Blind Haunt, telling her that even as she cannot hear it, it is still happening.

"It's your prerogative to divulge your covenant affiliations. Though it will come out eventually, and I will not keep them secret. I declared myself an Acolyte, because I am. And because the kindred who arrived before you did was also an Acolyte, and I didn't know until we began to go through her Acknowledgement, I had hoped, that if you were of faith, you would have announced it as I had." It really was as simple as that, "Now, you are not the only Carthain in the Domain, but the only other is Miss Connolly." Alice pauses now, to let that information settle. "Madam Reeve Antinori is of the Invictus. As is Lady Naetesh." which would explain somethings, but it wouldn't excuse them. "Priscus French, and Miss York are currently Unaligned." But on Vivian's part Alice thought that was only because she was still trying to earn the privilege to be able to claim to be of the First Estate. "Prince Clarke is of the Ordo Dracul." Alice says at last, strange to think of the Prince as anything other then Invictus. "There are of course others in the Domain, but they were not in attendance tonight, and I'll leave you to discover their affiliations on your own."

Alice falls into silence once more, ordering her thoughts, until she finally settles on something innocuous and simple.

"What brings you to Sacramento?"

D
    Dominic Ashton

If Alice could see then Dominic's brief grimace would have been apparent. Bea Connolly's representation of the Movement was something he decidedly disapproved of. No doubt they would be having an extensive conversation once he had his bearings in the Domain.

Pointing out her devotion to the Crone was an obvious revelation on Alice's part. Her office was proof enough of that. The use of Invictus titles to address a Prince who dedicated himself to the Ordo Dracul was vexing, but Dominic was sure there was a reason somewhere. Unaligned kindred in leadership was encouraging. At the very least it denoted a respect for individual liberty trumping the Prince's personal covenant loyalties, and the prejudices such loyalties tended to foster. "I'm sure I'll get the chance to meet the absent members of the domain and learn their beliefs in my own time. Though I appreciate your insight in those in court this evening."

Her second question was far more probing than the first. Asking if a vampire had committed Amaranth seemed equivalent to federal applications asking if you've ever sought to overthrow the US Government. Asking broader motivational questions were far more telling in Dominic's experience.

"The political climate of Chicago took on significantly more religious tone than I find tolerable for government. And the Movement had little to offer my pursuits there. I've traveled a good deal, but Sacramento has a certain charm."
    The Lord's eyes began to wonder the roam around the room. Alice certainly wouldn't mind. "That and the life of a vagabond isn't conducive to study and research." In fact it had been conducive to little more than burning through Dominic's savings. "I'd like to try and establish more permanent roots, and if your commentary on covenant affiliations is any indicator, this is a far more cosmopolitan domain than some I've been to."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Through the open door Alice hears words Bea spews but are ignored. Alice had given her warning, now with Ashton across from her, she had more important things to do then pander to the neonate.

Attention on Ashton and his words, Alice gives another, slow, jerking, strings pulled nod. "If you have any questions, feel free to ask," Unlike the Shadows she didn't have the potential to read minds.

Tilting her head, she unconsciously leans an ear closer to the sound of the Rebel Lord's resonant voice.

"Sacramento does have a certain charm, but it wears off after the nights continue. Few kindred I've found can weather the...atmosphere of the river city. There are very few pillars, fewer stables. The nature of the Domain is mutable. I wish you luck in your efforts." but it was clear from her hollow mocking tone, and her fake plastic smile that the opposite was true to the Blind Haunt.

"Now to get down to business," Alice raises a hand motioning for her ghoul to hand two slim binders to the Venture. "One binder contains the Laws of the Domain. The other the laws specific to Elysium." once Alice hears the exchange and Ashton opening the binders she continues, "The laws are very easily followed. The Three Traditions will be kept in full, do not violate another's haven, if a Blood Hunt is called, you will be expected to participate." Alice wonders how long it will take Dominic to find out that the last Blood Hunt was call against a Carthian, but for none of efforts in his Covenant, but that of his...failings as a Priscus. "None are allowed to inflict Final Death upon another, only the Prince can grant that...privilege. Do not commit treason, but Do attend all officially announced Courts." It was nearly verbatim the same words she told Nic when her fellow Acolyte was sitting where the Carthain was sitting now. "When you are in Elysium, no weapons are allowed, you are not allowed to use your talents of the Blood, the exception of course are the Mask of Tranquility, and Aspect of the Predator." though with how she could feel the Venture's Beast grating, galling. She doubted that he could hide it behind the web of shadows as she could. And of course, as a Venture she knew that Ashton didn't naturally have the Gangrel's Clan skill. "Be polite, use common sense."

"Again, if you have any questions, please ask."

D
    Dominic Ashton

Just as she was out of his mind, Dominic found Bea's voice drifting back into the room followed by that of the Reeve. And as before he ground his teeth as the drama echoed in.

Still it wasn't his problem yet.

"The laws seem straightforward and simple to comply with," Dominic said, flipping through the presented binders. "They are, as you put it, common sense." He handed the binders back to Alice's ghoul. "All are laws I can happily live under if accepted into this Domain." They were certainly less restrictive than the Invictus Laws of Old Chicago or the Sanctified Laws of contemporary Chicago.

And then Bea's voice cut into the room. Again. And Dominic ground his teeth. Again. "My only question is whether you've picked a place to display your new tongue. Perhaps hanging it from your door?" There was a humorless chuckle with the joke.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Another slow, jerking strings pulled nod, "They are, it might the reason that there hasn't been much of an...overt Carthain presence in the Domain." None of the Kindred here were oppressed, in fact Alice had felt more freedom here they anywhere else she'd been. "Merit matters here, as well as a stalwart presence. If you prove yourself dependable, reliable. You might find yourself in a position of power."

A hollow mirthless laugh escapes the Haunt. "Madam Reeve Antinori pins butterflies. Maybe I'll ask her to the same for that wayward muscle of Miss Connolly's."

Returning to the matter at hand, "Now I'am assuming you do not find any of the Laws difficult to follow?" A slight pause, "Will you swear to follow them, uphold them and swear your loyalty to His Grace, Alder Duke Clark, Prince of the Domain?"

D
    Dominic Ashton

It was an impossibly good set up for an impossibly bad joke. "Seneschal Hart, Stalwart is my family name." There is a genuine smile with the jest. The first and likely last of the night.

Dominic bypasses the comment on butterfly pins. No need to dwell on negativity now that it was gone.

"I do not find the laws difficult ma'am." He then raises his right hand. "I swear to respect and abide by his Grace's Laws." It was a boy scout gesture that would likely only be relayed to the Haunt via her slave, but that was not Dominic's concern. He gave his word, and if that was all she asked, it was something he would happily give. A fresh start in a new city was worth staking his reputation on.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

A whisper of a laugh escapes the Nosferatu. "Would that mean you already have a predisposition to reliability and loyalty?"

"Good." Alice nods, slow, jerking and strings pulled. It doesn't go unnoticed that the Venture agreed to follow the Prince's Laws, and had not sworn loyalty to the Prince as she asked. To ask a Carthain, and a Venture to blindly give their loyalty...perhaps it a verbal workaround was something she should have expected. "Do you have any questions, or shall we return to the others?" Instead of making a fuss, Alice knew that once Ashton, (or was that Stalwart?) met the Prince, that the man would earn his Cousin's loyalty, just as he had previous Carthains.

10. Likes West liked this post
    D
    Dominic Ashton

"My side of the family is notoriously resolute in pursuit of our goals. I certainly have a predisposition to reliability." Dominic sits a bit straighter for the next comment. "As for loyalty, I would say I'm no more predisposed to it than any other of our kind. When it's earned, however, I hold to that loyalty as doggedly as any personal endeavor."

The Lord mentally reviewed the Laws governing the Domain and then glanced back out the door.

"I don't believe there is anything else that I have questions on. Given the lack of a Priscus for my clan, and that I wouldn't want to bother His Grace, if I have further questions may I approach you for guidance?" She was as likely to say he was on his own. In fact, he wouldn't be surprised if she did. Regardless he wanted to check before he started pestering the Gangrel Priscus about the way things ran in Sacramento.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread