Ended
Watch

(1701) Emma, Jacob, Vivian

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    V
    Vivian York

“I guess you could attribute that to my years of trying to blend in, well, when I want.” The Daeva snickered. “There are times when I find wearing a completely outlandish outfit is reasonable for me. I guess when I am in the mood to attract attention from, well, anyone.”

“I once wore shoes with phalluses for heels. Those proved to be quite the conversation piece. Needless to say, I was prepared for those stares and conversations.” Heartily laughing, she did wonder if Twist would have appreciated them. Perhaps it was time for those to surface again.

Judging by Emma’s prior verbal disapproval of something, Vivian couldn’t help but ask. “So, something stirring the pot tonight?”

Well, so much for that…

“I wouldn’t say fashion is a struggle. At least not for some.” She grinned but her eyes lingered on Emma’s for just a moment for a little non-spoken exchange. Being addressed as Priscus was a bit odd...

“I’ve been doing quite well, how about you?” She was pleasant with her tone, and a little more friendly than normal to the little puppy who came licking their heels.

Emma French

PRE

To Vivian: "Seriously, like I haven't tried to blend in?" Emma gave a short giggle. "It just seems that what ever I do I don't quite make it." She lifted her dress and looked down at her sneakered feet. "This was on purpose. The dress was trying to fit in." She sighed with a huff of frustrated air. "Maybe I need to call you first before dressing ever again."

To Jacob: "I don't know what I should be called. I guess Priscus while we are in court." She grinned, "And on the phone when we are out of court."

To both: "So it looks like I have a new clan member. She just went off with Al... um the Seneschal."

V
    Vivian York

Vivian shook her hands in the air. "But the shoes work for you. Besides, you never know when you may need to do something that heels may put a quick halt to." Glancing around, but there didn't seem to be any Neonates that needed a swift kick in the ass today... yet. "Wear what you want, Emma. But if you really want me to come over and help, I'd gladly do so."

It came again, the curiosity of names. "Personally, I'm not inclined to call someone Priscus unless they were my Priscus. But, that's just my preference." She shrugged as her opinion was offered. The whole titley thing was beyond her, but Family should stay with Family.

She paused a moment, wondering if her statement fell on deaf ears. "Where did Jacob go? Did he pull a 'pretty fly for a White guy' on us?" The Daeva really couldn't resist some of The Offspring's lyrics. She looked at Emma, her lips pursing the amusement and held it in a smile.

Damn I hope she's heard that song.

"So, did you catch your new Family member's name?"

ooc

Emma French

PRE

Emma smiled at the song lyrics, "Soo, 'Give it to me baby'" Emma laughed. She was really enjoying this new found attempt to be social. "Seriously though, I wouldn't mind some tweaking of my own style. I don't wanna be a wanna be, but I would like to pull together a bit better."

"Please don't call me Priscus. Goodness knows I hate the title crap. I mean I don't even ask people to call me Dr. unless they piss me off." She looked around the room.

"I didn't catch her name, I didn't realize she was one of mine. But that will soon be remedied. Not a huge turnout yet. But at least we are gaining new domain members."

As Vivian asked how he was, his mind very quietly withdrew, caught on of the more powerful memories of the last month. Perhaps twenty seconds went by before he collected himself, an eternity for social events. It was, he thought, much too late to answer now. His mind tried to 'rewind' replaying the sounds that fell on an unlistening mind.
    "Nicole Khass." He almost jumped as the name popped unbidden from his mouth, "that's," he all but said 'um' "the newcomer's name, she prefers Nic though." He reached his arm behind his head, seemingly to scratch, avoiding eye contact.
    Wow, tonight is just not my night. He forces his body language to recover.

"Purely for appearances, I'd insist that family calls me Priscus, but even then I don't care." Jacob shrugged, "I didn't do anything to get the title, it fell in my lap."

He listened to their exchange on fashion, he quite approved of the sneakers. Before the courts, his question regarding fashion, much to his mother's chagrin, was: 'does it fit and is it comfortable?' If Vivian had a beating heart, his high school photos would likely change that. A brief image of a stained white tee tucked into some too short torn sweatpants came to mind. He resists laughing.

Emma French

PRE

Emma gave Jacob a big smile, "I could kiss you! I am so bad at names and I wasn't sure I had even really heard it."

7. Likes White liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

Now that would be something to see. Not that no one has ever done that in Court before.

Is she messing with him? He may take her seriously... Whimsical entertainment was always welcomed in the Daeva's opinion.

"Well, I am not a stickler for titles. However, if a family member doesn't address someone in Court with their title, I think it's highly disrespectful. Unless, that person knows you significantly well outside of Elysias and such." Perhaps she was more Invictus than she gave herself credit for. Most other titles, she didn't really follow quite yet. Family titles, that was something that she took to heart.

"Have you spoke to this Nic much yet?"

Jacob laughed at Emma's comment, "Not at all, I have a good memory is all."

"For Court, a sense of unity is important to maintain. But, I guess that depends on additional factors as you say. And, no, I haven't had a chance yet. I only welcomed her before bureaucracy took precedence."

"Frankly with so few in the domain other than Prince, Seneschal, and Reeve, I don't see much point. All other positions are secondary management really, which isn't necessary with our numbers. At a social level we realize this, my title holds no sway. I'd imagine your position as Whip is the same." He looks to Vivan. "My intution is that Deputy holds some power, however, so prehaps my theory needs refining." Before turning his gaze to Emma.

"My bet is this isn't the first time the topic has come up for you two." He smiled meekly, "you may have heard these opinions already."

Mabye domain titles hold power but family ones do not?

Emma French

PRE

"Hmmm. Good point. Perhaps I should be called Deputy while in court?" Emma grinned. "When I was much younger I remember being called Miss Emma. But that was when I was in Georgia, I believe."

"I am really glad I am not the only one who has issues with titles. It's not a disrespect thing for me. And I do understand a ranking type of thing like a command line and how helpful that is. It's just I get nervous that I will use a wrong title and offend someone unwittingly. Because seriously, I try to treat everyone with respect as long as they deserve it. I even tried lessons on titles a few years ago and still managed to muck it up. I don't know. I am academically smart but some things just don't stick." Emma gave her head a shake in self mockery style. Emma realized that she was doing better at small talk so perhaps this trying to be more social was working, or maybe it was the smaller number of the domain made it all less intimidating. After all, some of the staunchier bunch were gone now.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ale walks with Nic over to Emma, Vivian and Jacob with a smile on her face.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I was wondering if I could steal Priscus French for a few moments. We have a new Cousin in town." she then gestures to Nic, "Miss Khass, this is Priscus French, Miss Vivian York and Priscus Maddox." each Kindred was nodded to as introduced.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.