Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(16WS) Freehold Pledge

S
    Sasha

The Onyx Sovereign took a seat where all could see her and smiled for each who would come forward. L'aire is poised and ready to listen to any who wish to renew their pledges to their beloved Freehold.

Swearing either vow requires the expenditure of one Willpower point.

This is not an actual conversation scene so much as a record of freehold pledge swearing, so L'aire will only reply if there is a question or if necessary. Please only post your character's acceptance of either the seasonal pledge or yearlong commendation and continue any conversations with the Onyx Queen in the appropriate scene. Please note that the commendation requires your changeling to state what skill or talent they will be swearing to the service of the freehold. Players do not need to copy this post in the Current Pledges thread, but do need to add the Winter Freehold Pledge or Commendation to their signature/minisheet.

Morgause, swathed in a large and sumptuous fur coat, strode toward the Winter Queen, a few of the new arrivals on her heels.

"Good Evening, Onyx Queen," Morgause began, her voice sonorous.

"I desire to stay in your realm. What pledge would you ask of me? Of us?" she added, looking back over her shoulder at the other Lost, the beginnings of a sly smile tugging at her lips.

Selena , would you kindly lay out the pledge that L'aire is asking for?

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

(WP to invoke Pledges)Willpower 2 Spent
    PRE

At the end of the night, when all is said and done, Green approaches. His hoarfrost epaulettes jingle and chime as he walks, quaking visibly as the power that infuses them fails at last.

"Its time," Green intones. "Been a long year."

He doesn't kneel so much as sit, extending his meaty right hand to the Onyx Sovereign. Yet this time, when he spoke the words, he grimaced and winced.

"I swear to protect this Freehold. I swear to keep secret my nature. I... I swear not to knowingly aid the Gentry or their agents. Yeah... Lot of enemies. This year I'll keep my eyes and ears on the street; you don't need a Constable no more. Not really."

Once the Pledge is sealed in a rush of wind and a crack of frost, he continues.

"We got other things to speak, too, yeah? Theres an enemy getting their hooks into town. I reckon you need a Sun Banisher now more than a Lord of the Inhospitable Chamber. Some things you just gotta sit out and outlast, yeah? Thats my view anyway. That requires awareness; and sometimes being able to put the Fear into someone. Or something. You dig?"

He extends his left hand.

-1 WP to seal Freehold Pledge. Bonus to Streetwise.

-1 WP to seal Sun Banisher's Oath. Bonus to Intimidation and Investigation.

SUN BANISHER'S OATH
    Corporal: Courtly Emblem sworn to L'aire
    Task: Endeavour (-2) Protect the Onyx Court.
    Boon: Medial Adroitness (+2) Bonus to Investigation and Intimidation
    Sanction: Poisoning of Boons (-2)
    Sanction: Curse (-1)
    Duration: Year and a Day (+3)

4. Likes Cayce liked this post
    S
    Sasha

Her icy heart was not as cold as one would think. Yet, she shed no tear from her violet eyes. L'aire's heart was hardened for more reasons than she cared to admit. But there were a few that could still slip through the fine line cracks.

When the words left the Mountain's lips, she didn't flinch. It was something she'd always hoped Malcolm would finally want. Even if he didn't dare to admit it, he was already her Harvey. They were both a great mystery wrapped in a neat package of unflinching dedication.

"For more reasons than you know, Malcolm Green, I accept both your pledge and new Title." The Dancer slipped her nimble fingers to his large hand.

"We are Winter, you and I, even if we are ying-and-yang to the darkest of months. We have come a long way, and I hope that we continue to travel through the Sacramento roads as such."

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

(Freehold Pledge)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

The Autumn Queen waits patently for the new comers to Swear before she approaches the Onyx Queen.

"As Autumn turns to Winter, and my crown becomes yours, I've comes to Swear, for a Year and a Day, to protect this Freehold as I have. Never to knowingly harm it, or it's members, and to never knowingly aid it's enemies, whether their treat is magical or mundane. I offer you and the Freehold this, my knowledge that my Court is famed for. In return my mind will keep keen and sound, and if I ever betray the Freehold that I call home, let me be cursed. Cursed to see my efforts fail. Cursed to never step foot in Sacramento again."

Once she feels the Pledge take hold Mhairi will nod, and return to the party.

+1 Clarity, +1 Occult

Mhairi's returning to the main thread.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The Paladin of Shadows trailed behind Mhairi, awaiting her turn to swear before the Onyx Queen. When Mhairi finished, Morgan stepped forward.

"Hail to Winters Queen. My oath I shalt rekindle anon, erm, now. Year and a day I lend my skills and aught else I can to the defense of our Freehold and heh its members. Nary shalt I intend harm nor give succor to our foes. I lend my my greater skill to defend us and reach heh those of us in heh need of aid with haste. Betrayal tis nary in my mind, but if it comes to pass I say let the curse strike down my agility and protections granted me by this heh Freehold. This I pledge I doth swear."

And like a loyal knight, she followed after her the Autumn Queen.

+1 Athletics, +1 Clarity

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.