Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green was close enough to pick up Cosette's information.

The mountain grunted and inclined his head. Then he turned, and with ponderous tread, closed in on the painfully mundane Steve and his spindly limbed compatriot in the pork-pie hat. Green folded his arms once he arrived at the little huddle, partially turned as though he were surveying the bar for trouble and not actively waiting to join in their conversation.

He didn't even grunt, as was his usual custom.

They were Onyx Courtiers after all. A hulking stone giant approaching should have been all the clue they needed that he wanted to talk. He let the newcomers finish their serious chat (and if they were so poor as to be speaking loudly enough for the Freehold's Constable, Spymaster, Iceclad Armiger and Lord of the Inhospitable Chamber, to hear... Well, that was their risk. And his lesson).

Cayce

2. Likes Cayce, liked this post

As Green got closer, he realized that he actually recognized one of them. She'd left quite the impression in the bar of the Forge the last time they'd met.

"Evening,"
    Ro-mu 31 said, her knobby jointed, mechanically articulated hands flexing minutely atop the table she sat at. Amazingly, however, no tears appeared in the table cloth, and the glint of steel never appeared on her fingertips.

"I never got the chance to thank you, before,"
    she added, her words sincere despite the strange, distorting harmonics that subtly warped her voice, making every word sound as though it came from a speaker inside her throat.

Steve and Mendelev broke off their whispered conversation to listen to whatever Green might have to say.

Cayce is horrible cayce, and somehow missed this thread! Feel free to pester me next time, YYC, but I will try hard not to make it a next time.

4. Likes liked this post
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Recognition bloomed on his face. He grinned.

"Hey. Yeah. Ah - thanks. But it wasn't just me. Yeah, you should be thanking Alex and Nathan when you get the chance. Alex is the woodblood over there... Summer..ry... guy. Nathan is barkeep tonight. Autumn beast guy. He's okay."

Once had their attention he ploughed on, but not before he gave each a stare while he sought out the subtle signs of their wintry mantles.

"So. Yeah. Like, I said, call me Green. Apart from the Queen I'm the only one flying the flag for our kind in these parts. I guess if you came in with rest, I guess you are moving up here, too... So, if you want a welcome, here it is. The Winter Queen is L'aire. She is sitting back there, taking the Oaths and all. You'll probably want to meet with her, yeah? If not..." Green shrugged. "I guess she'll come calling on you, as the case may be." He knew enough about the subtleties of the Winter Court to know that some Courtiers might not wish to advertise their allegiances or Pledges so brazenly in an open court.

"Um. If you are looking for digs, we got Edna's Boarding House. But I can understand if you don't want to give too much away to the Ashen Court. If thats the case, talk to me and I'll see what can be worked out. This here club belongs to the Queen so... We kind of use it for Court stuff. But we have other places, too." If they were true Winter, they'd no doubt find the secret signs that lead to the Court Hollow. Or they'd ask him directly.

He stopped and looked awkward.

"Yeah. I should get names or something, hey? And is there anything I can help you with?"

And tacked on at the end, rather bluntly. "So. You all from the Bay? Umm... Whats it like? I drifted in from Reno and places east." Green, a big rock, sitting uncomfortably in a managerial role.

Of course, true Onyx Courtiers would have noticed how he played with his hands, distressed at his own discomfort. And how his fingers tapped out in the Mourning Cant, things he could not say in person: Iceclad Armiger.

6. Likes liked this post

"Not everyone is from the Bay," Ro supplied. "Some are from Oakland. A few from down in Mexico. Here, I'll introduce you."

True to her word, Ro went around to all of Winter's children, introducing green on a personal basis.

Just consider Green as having ALL the names, but they don't need to be listed out 100% for now.

"I imagine that it will take everyone some time to get settled in,"
    Ro continued privately to Malcolm, once introductions had been made. "I've got jobs lined up for a few people, but not all of them. Do you have anything in the works, maybe? Even temporary would be fine."

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green grunted, his eyes lazily roving across the Onyx assemblage.

"Well. I can get people work in construction and the like. Catering, cleaning. Maybe hospital orderlies and such, at a push." He lifted a chunky hand and ran it across his chin. "Shit work, I tell you that now. Faceless work. Buts its the kind of work where you'll not be seen or noticed. The kind of work where you get to ... uh... see things, yeah? Any interest?"

He dropped his hand.

"If you want a bit more glamour you could try our Queen and get a gig with this bar."

"You're quite the resourceful man," Ro commented, an empty, rote smile spreading itself onto her lips.

"There might be some that would like to work at a club, but that's too public for most. Probably. There's always an argument to be made for anonymity amongst a crowd, as you said, but there's also the argument that a false trail is even more useful than lack of one. Which do you prefer? I'm curious."

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green moved, shifting his whole body to face the metallic Elemental. The question made the mountain pause: not his usual silence, either; this time Green considered his words.

"Well that depends, don't it? My preference is for a false trail, yeah. Something is better than nothing, right? If there is nothing and the guy on your tail is suspicious, they'll take it as a sign that there is something, even if they can't see it. False trail is best. You know, something to frame or set up some assumptions that sends the other guy off in the wrong direction. Or false evidence that paints a different picture... heck! I'd plant false evidence even if all it does is slow down the other guy and make him burn favours and resources before he can say its all a lie."

A hand rose and scratched at his chin.

"But it depends. In some cases you don't want to leave a trail behind, right?"

He shrugged.

"Depends on what you're doing, I guess. What about you?"

"I think that the apparent lack of a trail isn't any different from a false trail. That is, it's the perfect false trail. And, like with artists, it's perfection that we all aspire towards. Aspire towards, but rarely achieve," Ro mused after a few moments of reflection.

She shrugged then, and the knobby, articulated fingers relaxed.

"For now, I think I'll go try and herd our people towards the Queen, though. Would hate for anyone to get left out in the cold. But, it was good to see you again. I'm looking forward to getting to see your work."

A nod of respect was given, and then Ro was off, herding people towards the monarch accepting pledges.

Sorry to cut things short! Enjoyable thread!

Closed Thread