Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Butterflies In The Park It Isnt

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

The Man in White, meanwhile, had been staring behind Faye and Strix, his eyes fixed upon the form of the unconscious novelist where a putrid green Glyph was etching itself into the Sleeper's body. The Man in White's skin began to crawl, as though a thousand insects, worms, and parasites dwelled beneath his flesh, and then, suddenly, a horrifying wheezing sound erupted from the novelist's body.

It took Faye and Strix a moment to realize that the noise wasn't being made consciously, but was instead the product of the man's organs cruelly twisting inside his body, literally squeezing the air from his lungs. The man began to jerk and thrash, the crack of tendons and ligaments stretching, his limbs bending unnaturally backwards and sideways, as if the hand of an unseen giant were twisting his joints, and then his shirt exploded outward in a shower of gore. The man's rib cage had ripped through his chest, the rib bones seeming to multiply and lengthen in a cruel parody of fangs, the massive maw of the man's gaping chest beginning to gnash, his organs visibly squirming behind the maw of dripping white spikes.

The thing twitched off of it's chair and onto it's hideously rearranged arms and legs, that gnashing maw chomping in Faye and Strix's direction...
    Ohhhh I loved this soooooo much. I love the idea of Lovecraft-style horror in Mage and mad props to Cayce to making the magic shivery. Doing it without Paradox / the Abyss is even better! So deliciously descriptive.

It's inspiring to me to step up my game
    Last edited by West; Jan 8th, 2017 at 09:57 PM.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

2. Likes Sirith, Yumyumcrow, liked this post

0 Scenes

Me too. The Sloth is blown by the imagery. It's just so (pausing to find words that weren't West's 'deliciously descriptive' and realizes that my brain just wont.) deliciously descriptive!

And yep, totally inspiring me to up my game too!

It sounds like something one would find in a Cthuthulu game. Very very nice.
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

Have to say, as a horror movie buff...I have a whole new respect for you Cayce ! The descriptions of the events is amazing!! Love it!!!

A

Ah, it was a great description, indeed!

I also awww'ed when the abomination gnashed its rip maw at them because I imagined it looking oddly cute. But that's just me.

7. Likes liked this post
+ Reply to Thread