Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(16WS) The Bar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He knew his drinks intimately. Well, the cheap ones, at least. Looking at them, and every now and then smelling them were the joys of his new occupation. Oh, yes, they all had the most distinctive scents, some lovely and some coarse, but all worth spending the night with in a tight embrace. Better not to go down that train of thought, however. It was making him thirsty.

The best part of his job was, he got to mix them. A man just a little less stoic would have grinned at the goblin's unspecific request. He had had ruder clients, he supposed, but wasn't that damning him with low praise? "Gotcha. Coming right up."

Rum was quite flammable, now wasn't it? Sorta harsh going down though. For that extra smoothness, just a little pineapple juice and almond liquor went a long way. And he wasn't without aesthetic sense: an actual pineapple had a way of making your liver poison appear deceptively charming.

"There you go, Mai Tai on the house. Wouldn't down this one in one go, though. That's a lie, actually, I definitely would. But I'm not supposed to encourage clients to follow my example." He was tempted to ask the man for his driver's license, just for shits and giggles, but his common sense won out.

"Crimson has been nowhere to be found for a while now. They used to own a bar, less fancy than this joint, if you get my drift. But there's only one of them left these days. Until today, anyway," he hesitated for a moment, wondering whether he should give out information just like that. But political machinations wore on him, and he figured everyone would discover the state of the Freehold soon enough, if Cosette hadn't told them already.

He looked around, wondering whether anyone else would be approaching the bar.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The goblin actually chortled when the Hunterheart placed the drink before him.

"Oh yeah! You lookin' after me good." Tobias even sniffed the rum with a look of pleasure flaring suddenly in his eye. And then it was gone. "Down the hatch." Gulp. Cough. Cough again. Hammer chest - no its not a tribal challenge thing, its to keep down his fiery liquid of joy. The rangy Ogre's lips peel and warp; his chin juts; his shoulders hunch; till finally: "Gah!"

"Fuck that was good!" A fist hammers the bar. "Damn good."

Tobias Yazgad leans in again. "Is that right? Well thats just tough, ain't it? So... Who'se the local guy? Its a guy right? Or... A chick? Hey, man! We're all equals here. I am fine either way."

Some housekeeping. Please note that I missed noting the untrained penalty on one line, but it was accounted for in the roll.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-01-06 03:04:30 Tobias Yazgad to school his looks rolls 2 to Manipulation + Subterfuge - untrained (10 Again) 9, 3 1 success
    2017-01-06 03:03:12 Tobias Yazgad to hold his liquor well rolls 1 to Stamina + Subterfuge (10 Again) 7 failure

4. Likes , Gwydden liked this post
    Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He soon got the impression that the Ogre wasn't the sort to keep his emotions in check. It did not come as a shock and, well, the Beast figured he wasn't one to judge. "Don't say I didn't..." and down it went. Yeah, his own arrival hadn't been any prettier. He couldn't help a chuckle. "Alright, a man after my own heart. I thin we're gonna get along fine."

The newcomer's zest might come in handy, though. Just a few extra drops on him and the Hunterheart could make sure his guest was staying honest. It was too good a chance to pass up, he decided, as he planted a new glass on the counter. "What the hell, I'm feeling generous. 'Tis the season, after all. Have a couple more. Another Mai Tai or are you up for something else?"

No one had taken a liking to him for the longest time. Apparently, the trick all along had been getting them drunk, as opposed to himself. Who knew. "Tough looking Asian guy talking with Cosette. Guessing you know her, right? He's kinda green; hard to miss."

6. Likes liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The goblin cackled madly and reached eagerly for the next drink. "I'll take whatever you pour, man. So long as it burns!"

While he waited, Tobias turned in the direction Nathan had indicated. His mouth formed a jagged line as his eyes alighted on Cosette.

"Oh her. Yeah. I know of her. Not like we're friends or anything. So... He's the only other Summer in these parts, hey? Well... Him I'll get around to." He turned his back on Cosette. "But first I got some drinkin' to do. Heh heh. Oh yeah... Who do I swear to?"

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alright, he asked for it. "I think they call this a Black Russian," he said as he prepared another drink and placed it in front of his... client. "That's always sounded funny to me, for some reason."

Not friends or anything? Had Cosette just hanged posters all over San Francisco? He was beginning to think they should have left her to those fucking privateers. Well, not seriously but...

"Remember the blonde who sent me your way? She's the Winter Queen. I'd try her," Freudian slip there, "I mean she should be taking oaths soon. Can't hurt to try then."

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Now that is class." Tobias paused to... appreciate... the cocktail. It didn't last long though. Soon enough the goblin creature was imbibing the drink.

At least this time he was more measured in his approach.

"So you? You have the look of a summer about you, but that mantle... I dunno. Onyx? Ash... More Ash. What do you down 'round here when you not playing barman?"

Tobias settled more comfortably on his stool.

Tobias Yazgad
    Ogre, Gristlegrinder
    Mantle: Summer 1 (Sensation of a rising, stagnant, heat)

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Hunterheart stared at the goblin as he downed yet another. He thought he'd feel envious, and that he did, but he was also beginning to wonder whether the unpleasant heat coming off the sweaty little man was due to his Mantle after all. He served a new drink mechanically. After the first few, he noticed, their standards started to wane.

"Yeah? What's a summer supposed to look like?" he asked, amused. "On my time off? I'm Batman," he half grinned and tilted his face so the other one could see the faint scars along his neck crisscrossing freshly burned skin. "Alright. Bad pun. But your not-friend Cosette owes me half my skin cells. And next time her girlfriend wants someone killed, she can do it with her own clockfucking hands."

Smiles made everything sound better. Unless you were a Hunterheart, a fact he remembered too late and once he had already committed to it.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Tobias smirked wickedly, then straightened his back and rolled his shoulders.

"What does a Summer look like? Well, they be bold, dashing, heroic. Blonde haired, blue eyed, bushy tailed. Heroic folks... totally not like me." He was still smirking, frog-like, when he hunkered back down over his drink.

"You did that? You were in that fight? F-Shew!" He saluted his barman with his third drink, placing it back on the bar-top when the first tremor ran through his hand*. "Well that was your good deed for the day. Good for you I say." That was loud enough to drift gently across the bar-room.

He shifted again, leaning in. Speaking quietly now: "I hear you. Some people think they is the boss. They forget that there is a Free in Freehold." He gave Nathan a lidless wink and drank his drink - much slower and more carefully now. He didn't finish his glass.

This Crow is not a big drinker, so I added that to cover myself, not knowing alcohol content and so forth

13. Likes Gwydden, liked this post
    Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Hunterheart's anger disappeared as quickly as one of the goblin's shots. He cursed his lack of self-control. Just like a Summer, wasn't it? He was growing to hate irony in all its forms.

"Good deed? Huh. Might get me Karma points with my confessor, I guess. If I tell him that story, though, do you think he'd mind the fairies or the arson more? Or maybe the murder part? I was doing so well; had a badge and everything." Four fucking years.

He put another glass on the counter and looked inquisitively at his client. Funny how your bartender drugging you to unconscience was perfectly legal. "Yeah. And there's also a hold, as in 'holding your balls in a tight grip.' The English language is fascinating, now ain't it?" Not that he minded as much as the other man seemed to. Sometimes it was downright pleasant to be someone's wretched, willing slave. Whoa, hold your horses, Christian. "I believe Her Grace is taking oaths now, if you want to get that over with."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Tobias turned and looked.

"Yaaaaaa..." The gristlegrinder croaked quietly. "I guess you're right."

He finished his drink and made his way over the Winter Queen where she sat in state.

Unless Nathan has anything further to say, Tobias Yazgad will be on his way. Thanks for the scene

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread