Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Mystery of M

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    V
    Vivian York

Vivian had accepted Cozette's card without question. She was the Prince's ghoul after all. Yet, she did run a bit of things at the Nox.

But who in the bloody hell was M?

The Daeva went through the list of people in the Domain that it could possibly be. There was Emma, but doubtful she would have asked Cozette for assistance, she could be wrong. So now, she really hadn't an inkling other than it could be a Ventrue. Purple seemed to be their preferred choice of coloring.

Since it was a formal card, Vivian thought it best to keep withing the parameters of the invitation. The Daeva's choice in hair was different than normal. It wasn't flowing, but had a mixture of brunette and blonde wrapped into a french twist on her head. Her outfit was a suit coat of shimmery red, and shiny pleather gloves that matched her shoes. For her, this was formal, or at least business attire that she enjoyed. At least Blushing didn't ruin the outfit, it would be utterly dreadful if that were the case while pretending to play Human.

Now the mystery would take it's course... she stopped at the front desk and produced the card. Vivian did not like to stand and wait anywhere, so she told them she would be seated at the bar.

The reveal of 'M' would soon come to fruition.

QuoteQuote:
    I presume Avalon is aka Nox? lol

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Nika is waiting by the front. She steps in when the card is produced and invites Vivian to follow her after a glance at the glove on the hand holding card. Well, at least it wasn't a mask or a cloak, for god's sake. She leads Vivian up a gently spiraling staircase to the upper area that overlooks the dance floor. It's been cordoned off, with security at the bottom and top of the stairs, and a lone figure sits in a chair.

Asa stands as they approach. His size is less evident with no one around, but comes into focus as the two women near. He's dressed as Vivian has seen him countless times; a dark suit with a purple dress shirt that fades to black in shadows. His eyes move efficiently over Vivian and her clothing like a purchaser at a fashion show.

"Miss York, good evening. Thank you for coming."
    The tone is as warm as his Blushed skin, and the smile inviting. "Please, have a seat. Would you like something to drink?"

He glances meaningfully at the ghoul.

OOC
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

3. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

The Daeva certainly noticed the security at the bottom of the soft winding staircase, how could one not? Those were things that were slightly normal at an elite club.

Yet nothing prepared her for the one who was at the top of those stairs. Her blue eyes only widened slightly, not enough for anyone to notice but that which she looked upon.

Oh good god, I should have worn a dress.

Good lord. Oh bloody hell. Security, Asa... what in gods name did I do to draw his attention. He couldn't still be angered at the Asylum mess with the copper haired sprite?

Vivian bowed heavily the questions running through her head. Perhaps in lower than usual in slight apology, but there was nothing in the language of her body to indicate as such. The Prince's smile did promise something more than what thoughts lingered in her mind.

"Good evening your Grace. Thank you for the invitation." She wasn't entirely certain how far away she should sit, but sat near enough to hear him and see him.

"I hope you don't mind being candid, but, I didn't expect you to be the one who invited me. Unless you have a pen name that begins with M." Vivian chuckled softly.

There was that turning point in a business relationship of a Vampire. Offered a drink, should she take it or pass? Either could be offensive, one more than the other. The Daeva wasn't starved, but to turn down the Prince's offer of a drink could be a mistake. "Why yes, please, I would enjoy a drink. Thank you kindly."

Why should I be anything less than myself?

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well, I would hope other people haven't been conscripting Miss Muriel to deliver their messages." Asa smiled in faint amusement at the thought. "The 'M' is, ah, a family name. It's also a safeguard against the loss of a card."

As carefully as he'd crafted his 'pen names' among the Kine, the initials A.C. could raise questions that would be a nuisance to dispel. Asa casually studied the sultry redhead as Nika produced a surgical scalpel and a glass. Both were set near Vivian, and her slim arm as well -- a choice.

"Thank you for joining me. You've expressed interest in the Invictus."

Asa let the statement linger into a question. He was patient and watchful as the Daeva took her drink. Of Vivian York's interests, he knew several from nights at the Asylum, but this one was a new mystery.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

Laughing, a smirk on her lips that he received her curiosity well, she should have remember that Cozette’s last name was Muriel. But, she wouldn’t have pegged a Ghoul to want to be in touch with her... unless it was a matter of state, which this didn't appear to be.

“That makes perfect sense your Grace. I’ve written similar enigmatic notes before, the reasons people choose what they do amuse me, much like this has.” It didn’t make the Daeva less curious as to what the family name was, but it would satiate her craving for the mystery. “Thank you for your invitation, your Grace, I guess I wouldn’t have expected this when I expressed interest.”

“Thank you.” She said to the woman who brought the glass and offered her arm. As much as the Daeva wanted to just sink her teeth in, she used the scalpel with accurate delicacy and then moved the glass beneath the wrist of Nika, taking just enough and not too much. She took Nika’s arm and placed it to her lips and licked the small cut clean and smiled at the woman.

With the glass in hand, Vivian crossed her legs toward Asa and looked at him with a grin. “I had mentioned to the Archon and Ms. Naetesh that I was interested. I didn’t want to trouble you with my questions or anything of the sort.” Her hand waved slightly off to the side. “I realize you are the Judex, if I'm not mistaken, of our Invictus. However, I wouldn’t have expected to receive your personal attention with my interest.” Slowly taking a drink of the red in her glass.

Note

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nika bears the scalpel and bloodletting calmly, only the tightness around her eyes betraying the pain of the initial cut. Pale cheeks try to flush at the lick before she nods and quietly disappears with the scalpel.

For his part, Asa watched the crimson stain the Daeva's lips while wondering if she could taste the subtle differences in it the way he could.

"It is no trouble,"
    he finally a spoke. His hand raised to make a dismissive gesture. "It's not every night that someone who has been Unbound for so long expresses interest. It suggests a patience and deliberation that... I might not have thought of you."

Asa smiled again. A little wider; suggestive even, with a hint of laughter in his eyes. The kind of smile that can only be managed by having seen someone without their clothes or dripping from their lover's drink being thrown in the face.

"If you know that I am the Judex, and what that means, then we'll skip the Invictus primer? What questions might you have?"

OOC

V
    Vivian York

Asa reminded her a little of the former Prince of Toronto in some ways. Like his attention to detail, which wasn't found often in Vampires or Prince's for that matter. As the years grew, some just dismissed things or skimmed over their Requiem.

As odd as it may have been for the Daeva, a quick voice passed through her head from random television clips.

"I'm a very patient woman when I want to be." She snickered like it was a secret, but it really wasn't. "For example, that that in the Asylum... I think I was more than patient." A quick wink to their shared experience. Considering if she had feeding rights there, she would have taken the sprite into the back and drank from her just to shut her up.

"Invictus Primer?" Vivian said with as much question in her brows as in her voice. "I only know a handful of titles from passing conversations. Most of that was from different Domains I spent time in."

Or the title that was given for people that were on her Sire's list to kill...

She took another long sip of the red from the glass in her hand, extra caution on not wasting a drop. "I guess the reason I've waited so long is that each Domain is different regarding the 'personality', if you may, of the Invictus. I was told by Lady Naetesh that it wasn't so stifling. I hope that's true, I have met some dreadfully dull members in London." She paused, only to explain a little more about herself, and why she questioned her choice for years. "I will be the first to admit that I speak my mind, frequently, but of course with some caution. I guess all-in-all, I've never been certain that I would be a good fit. There's been a fond appeal of the sophistication of the Covenant that I don't see often in people anymore. Things I enjoyed in my youth that have been shunned." Vivian paused before continuing so she didn't appear to ramble. Besides, it was just a small hint to something that was on the tip of her tongue.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ah, the curious case of the Invictus and Etiquette."

For decades after Straiphen's fall, Sacramento had been an unspoken haven for the Unaligned.

"The Invictus of Sacramento --for the past half century-- have been fairly relaxed. It wasn't until the past several years that officers of the Court with a fondness for titles, and, perhaps mirroring my own penchant for politeness, began to insinuate Invictus titles into the Domain at large. To be fairly blunt, I don't consider this an Invictus Domain. It's mine. Nor myself an Invictus Prince."

The Invictus had never given him his power. Most of the time, it felt quite the opposite. For a few moments Asa's eyes focused on Vivian's lips and the glass as she drank.

"The common perception of the Invictus and etiquette is that they go hand-in-hand to reinforce an entrenched oligarchy. While in some cases, as you referred to 'personality', this is true -- but it isn't the intent. For starters, the Invictus are a meritocracy only surpassed by the Ordo Dracul. Secondly, the truth of etiquette is this: they're safe words. Much like fetish play uses safe words to keep play safe and sane, the Invictus uses Titles to keep... extended... Requiem safe and sane. They are habits and reminders."

Even though he was speaking to a Daeva of fetish play, his own thoughts couldn't help but drift to the mentioned Ishani Naetesh. Recently Risen, and reaching out from the darkness of death itself to the cling to the familiar. His thoughts returned with an amusement in his eyes at knowing Vivian would appreciate his metaphor.

"I hope that explains some of your concerns, if not questions. The Unconquered may be about amassing power, but it is fundamentally an organization and set of systems designed to cope with... immortality. If you do choose to join, as you progress you will discover the Invictus has intensely personal and intimate possibilities for co-joining your Requiem with others -- far more than any other Covenant or being Unaligned."

11. Likes liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

As Asa spoke, she finished the last of the blood in the glass and gently set it on the table next to her. Vivian had a hunch this may not have been the first time the subject had been broached.

“You’re absolutely right. It is yours, you are the Prince and the Domain should reflect your personality as it already does.”

The Daeva was all too familiar with safe words; she’d used them time and time again. The Lord’s reference didn’t fall flat. She smiled with an understanding look. “I know exactly what you mean. It does seem that many Invictus favor heavy on etiquette, which is perfectly fine. Perhaps it’s because of my astute upbringing which possibly discolored my desire for joining the Invictus at some point. However, the other things it offers; unity, triumph and persevering. Maybe that is part of why it has drawn me as well. Political avenues and money are fairly familiar to me, I had just tried avoid it move around those subjects so I could get where I need to go. Or at least, that’s how it was for me for a while…” If Asa was like other Prince’s, he’d probably found out about some of her background by now.

“I think the organization part is appealing as much as the rest. A place for everything and everything in its place. Vivian smirked as she recited a cliché.

“I may be of Succubus blood, but power is appealing. There are many realms of power I’ve used in the past, and I think I have some assets that have been used rather well.”

“My overall concern is; I speak my mind to a fault. I’m sure if I’d said anything that was utterly displeasing by now, you’d have heard about it. So would it be a problem for the Invictus if I continued to be candid?”

"If you please, could you elaborate a little on co-joining Requiems, if you can? Unless that is something I am to know after I join?" Vivian had a hunch what he meant, but it was better not to assume.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I think you need not worry."

It wasn't a flippant, or quick, reply. The words came over long moments of sifting through his memories. There had been the playmate at the Asylum and obvious distaste for Monomacy, but neither were -- as far as Asa was concerned -- wholly relevant. No doubt few actually enjoyed the Monomacy but did not understand why he allowed it. And Asylum was... Asylum.

"To be frank, the Sacramento Invictus is in the process of an... interesting... and welcome evolution. Twist and Ishani have never stood overmuch on ceremony and I doubt Madam Antinori would object. Those that have made a show of ceremony in the past were more often than not taking offense at the suggestion that they were intimate with someone who they would rather not be." Asa mused over the words carefully; if he were being deceptive, it wasn't by intent. The exception might have been Velma Star, who was long gone. "Which is a long-winded way of saying you would probably be a welcome addition."

That, and Vivian didn't give herself enough credit. He knew there was at least one thing she wanted to say, but never had.

"As for the union of Requiems, the Invictus have... inner social structures. Houses, or more properly known as Dynasties. Some are arrangements of convenience, held together by formal Oaths. Others are more intimate than coteries, held together by... trust and genuine affection."

In some cases, love and Blood. And perhaps a healthy dose of lust.

"One can found their own with like-minded individuals, or be joined to an existing one. In either case, such close unions can confer benefits similar to Devotions or Oaths. Ishani, Twist, and I are joined in this way as House Millarr."

14. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 16

You do not have permission to view the list of names.