Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Sailing into the New Year

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Frizzy hair is the worst.

Chinchillas know how that goes. But cowboys don't. He nodded and stepped sideways to peer for a closer look. At the tattoo, yo.

"Well I reckon if they aren't those type of friends, they're not that good of friends. Kidding. You're probably right,"
    he continued, standing back up. "Gotta say, I was hoping for some Illuminati story or some such but that sounds just as good. Ever since someone pointed out money has that pyramid and eye on it, I've been curious."

Sounded reasonable. Now that Jack knows she's not... whatever he was checking for.

"As for mine? Ma'am, I guess that depends on your notion of 'fun'."
    Jack's grinning. "Got one with the bull's name that broke a few ribs and punctured a lung, one when I got hitched, and, well. Last one's an odd duck, but a family friend left us a bit of money on account of a courtesy we did his wife and I got their name put on to remind me that great loves do last."

That Girl. He finished off the beer, and his wrist moved as if to toss it over the railing before stopping with an embarrassed look.

"Your line of work sounds interesting, if you don't mind me sayin'. Got my curiosity up. What is it you do?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

She laughs, “Well, sorry to disappoint you on that one.” Sometimes a tattoo was just a tattoo. “Though if it did have some Illuminati story behind it, do you think I would be able to tell you?” she replies, clearly messing with him.

Grinning, “Now see, those are great stories! A bull’s name? Is it safe to assume you’re a rider?” well, given that answer and his clothes, should be a safe bet. “My only real good story would be trying to explain to my parents why I had a tattoo on my face.” She shrugs with a grin, “Lets just say they weren’t as impressed by it as some of my friends.” Yeah, she had gotten into some major trouble for that one. First tattoo and she gets it on her face.

The Savage watches passively at the motion, it was obvious she wouldn’t have said or done anything if he had decided to throw it. Not her circus, not her monkey.

“Recently promoted to head of security for a private corporation.” Which was true…in a sense.

“I’m guessing if you are a rider, it’s not full-time. I don’t remember the last time I saw an ad for a rodeo, so what else do you do?” with how easy he could talk, she was guessing sales of some sort. The gift of gab was good for many professions, hers, not so much.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

4. Likes , West liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Bart," Campanella said easily. He offered his hand. "Mhairi... Its a very unique name, I have to say."

His name was terrible, he knew. At least the backstory made it... reasonable.

He waited, breath baited, to see if mysterious Mhairi would enquire further.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Bart?" Mhairi echos, half expecting him to say something like 'Heath' or 'Arthur' or maybe even 'Leo'. Well, Maybe not 'Leo' he didn't look like a 'Leo' but he didn't really look like a 'Bart' either.

"You don't look like a 'Bart'." thoughts turn to words that slip from her lips, "But maybe I don't really have a proper idea on what a 'Bart' should look like." She continues glancing up at the man. "And I hope that's a complement." because unique didn't always mean good. "I've always liked the sound of it." It wasn't the name she'd always had, but it's the name she chose for herself.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh, no ma'am. Not a name, more like a design to work with the scar."

A hand gestured vaguely at his side and a look of surprise slowly blossomed at she continued.

"You haven't seen
    any of the PBR ads? Starts on the 27th, so there's probably a little invasion going on as we speak. Strange, though. I figure between Ford and Frontier there'd be some dinero being spent on advertising, but maybe it's just on certain radio stations and channels." Figures. Tats, maybe a rock'n'roll lady. There's a little overlap of steel horse and actual horse riders, but it's very little. "But you're right. It's seasonal, so you're either chasing the tour or have to settle down somewhere for a spell. I used to work on dude ranches, but that wore me out. Teaching soccer moms to ride and trying to keep their kids heads getting kicked off. Had my fair share of tourists ask when they'll see the wild buffaloes, and lonely housewives asking if I'd like to lasso up a filly to ride. Final straw was when this one guest fell off his horse on the trail. Fat man, I kid you not, figure three hunnert pounds. Well, he goes rolling down this hill hollering like Gabriel's horn been blown and spooked all the other horses. I spent the better part of an hour wrangling them up and getting them back to the ranch. Few hours later he comes marching in and bawls me out for leaving him behind."

There go the eyebrows. Un-believe-able.

"Now I mostly just do farrier work or fix tractor implements."

He waved the empty bottle at her.

"Private security is pretty intense, I figure, with Constellis merging Blackwater, National Strategic, and Triple. You handy with your hands, a gun, or both? Or do you just do logistics? Apologies if I'm being nosy, but my brother was in the service and he's always going on about finding work."
    - Roald Dahl

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"Most definitely a compliment," Campanella smiled with a certain self awareness. He continued: "I know what you mean - about my name. I certainly don't feel like a Bart. My parents came from old money, you see... The name has a distinguished lineage in my family, apparently. And well, my number was it when the time came. So, Bart. Really didn't help with schooling," he shook his head and whistled low. Lets not dwell on that.

It gave him time to pause, hoping he had not inadvertently pushed the woman away.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Well, thank you then." she says, smiling too.

"Ah." she breathes out, nodding. "I completely understand. About the names. My family's the same. Names being pasted down the line, but I can understand Bart not being very...uh. Well. Children can be cruel." especially to a girl named Cassiopeia. Pee-ya ended up being the least of her problems.

Shaking her head to get rid of thoughts she'd rather not dwell on, "Is Bart short for anything?"
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Her head nods in understanding, “Ah, got it. Seen a few of those that were done really well. Always interesting because scar tissue isn’t supposed to take the ink very well, but a few artists are able to make it work. Though it does depend on what type of scar tissue it was too.” She wasn’t asking to see his, cause if he wanted her to see it, he would have already shown it. This Savage wasn’t a nosey one.

PBR? There was a look of confusion on her face before he mentions the dates. Shaking her head, “Nope, sorry.” A shrug was added. Usually when she as out at night, it was either looking for dinner or running a security check. “Ah, I don’t listen to the radio a whole lot either. It always seems they never play any of the music I like, so I stick with CD’s. Actually just had one installed in my car and the guy was pissed, claiming the car was a classic and shouldn't be tampered with or something.” her car, her money, her decision. She wasn’t going to lie to the kid and say she was interested in seeing it, cause she could care less about it.

Eyes widen in amusement at his story, “I would have died from laughing I think.” Watching an overweight guy roll down a hill? Yeah, that’d be pretty funny.

Farrier work? No idea what that was, but she knew what a tractor was. So she was just going to assume farrier work had to do with bulls or horses or something like that.

“Both actually. My father trained me to shot, and I actively pursued it through the years, even surpassing his skill. Learning to fight was kinda learned the hard way. But I’m very handy with both.” There was of course her claws, but not many Kine saw those. And those that did didn’t live to tell anyone. “I kinda do logistics, figuring out threats, dealing with them, employees stepping out of line and all that. But I prefer to be in the field over an office, or at a gun range.” She adds with a laugh.

“Oh, well thank your brother for me.” She always figured she did her own public service back in Italy, running the streets. Being Boss had its perks. “Back home such people were revered, I hope he’s able to find something. I always believed the government should be able to step in and find our fine men and woman work. Or at least help in some way.” Her company defiantly wasn’t hiring. And even if they were, he wasn’t her type of bring into the fold. He had no edge to him, or if he did, he was hiding it well.

“You mentioned being married? Did your partner join you this evening?” yeah, she said partner cause she wasn’t sure. Best not offend and assume. “Want another?” she gestures to his empty bottle with her own, her tone friendly, but not hitting on him type friendly. Again, wasn’t her type.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

14. Likes West liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella caught the shake of his companion's head, but thought it referred to something quite different.

"Oh no. It gets worse. My full name is Bartram." He chuckled. What else could one do. "I am fortunate in my line or work, I can make it work to my advantage. Gives character."

He leaned on the rail and turned his attention to the gently rushing waters of the Sacramento River.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Professional Bull Riders."

He offered up the full name at the look of confusion before lapsing into silence to listen.

"Well, he's working at Home Depot right now. They're pretty good as far as treating vets, but I think he's just still got that fire in him. Mustered out instead of re-up'ing, said he didn't want to make a career out of it, but might be that was a mistake."

The silence came again, only noticeable because of how few silences there are when Jack's talking.

"She's on a trip. Off to visit a friend." And that made Jack want another beer. Or six pack. "And I'd better not," he considered the empty bottle. "Else I'm subject to ending up lost after this canoe makes landfall."

Once upon a time he might have asked this one for a card, in case Avis wanted to get more Arrow-y. With guns. Or fists. Now he had no clue if it might mean another night away from their bed. Whoever you are, there you are. And it was time to say something. Anything. Before things started to unwind.

"Say, you mentioned a classic car? What sort?"
    - Roald Dahl

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread