Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Sailing into the New Year

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Blinking, bemused at the finger, Mhairi waits for Bart to finish, whatever she was going to say lost as she considered what he added.

"I am interested in that sort of thing. And extra eyes are always welcome." unless, of course, his curiosity and searching on her behalf garners Their attention...which would be...bad. But that just might mean that the search was or would bear fruit.

"I will," she promises, not understanding, or maybe not seeing the reluctance Bart has as he hands over the card. Once the card is between her fingers, she sees it's dogeared edges and has to ask as she puts it away into a small clutch, "Last one? Or is it your lucky card?"

Blinking up at the man, "Very probably." she says without a hint of shame. She didn't know anything about the art trade, so anything that might come of it would certainly be a surprise.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella stared at the card with a bemused air.

"I do believe that is the last of my old stock. I have some new ones at home. I never expected to have any of them left. The phone contact is... yes, current. Have no fear on that score. I meant what I said."

He found the moment to drain the last of his drink, sighing satisfied at last. The Moros watched as the city drifted by, reflected on river's glassy surface.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

She couldn’t help it, she laughed.

An eyebrow was then raised as he explained his usefulness with a rifle. “Ah, well, then you’d be a better shot then me. Which is funny, cause my guns use a gas-operated rotating bolt, which is a trait more common for rifles. But never really cared for rifles, they're bulky and loud.” Well, her guns were loud, but not as loud as a rifle. Least not to her.

“Sometimes when I go into a range to practice I get some interesting looks. A .357 is a pretty large gun, and mine being of the desert eagle line adds to it's size. Though they are surprisingly light, least I think so. But not many woman are seen shooting them. Until they see how accurate I am. And as far as my line of work? Well, it’s all about proving your ability and that you’re not gonna take any merda. I’ve had people second guess my skills and authority before, and it wasn’t a mistake they made twice.” At least not back in Italy.

Smiling, “He was, taught me quite a bit.” Love of cars? She had to bite her tongue on that one. Cars weren’t around when her dad was. “Sorta. He wasn’t a car type of man. He believed there were more important things to focus his attention on. The family business and his family. But there were a few cars that turned his head.” She adds with a grin.

“Speaking of line of work, did you meet your wife in the rodeo?”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

The laugh gets a toothy grin, and then he settle in to listening. Guns: one of the most simple and ubiquitous machines man had made, and largely unchanged over the past century because of that simplicity. A study in all three of Newton's Laws.

"Oh, we met at church."

He raised his eyebrows to acknowledge that, yep, that wasn't the usual these days. But? It was also True.

"Seemed like the fiercest lady I ever met, but sad and lonely something awful."
    Greenish eyes blinked, sliding away from Alessandra to watch the lights play on the water. "Think I made her laugh for the first time in years."

The words were soft; full of wonder and wistfulness, like a Southerner talking about the one year it snowed.

"She may still be the loneliest girl I know, at least it seems sometimes." He hadn't meant to say that. But for once it wasn't about Avis and Star. This woman didn't know either of them, hadn't been in a cabal with them, didn't look at them like two Councilors and the most senior members of the Consilium, and wasn't messed up in any of their recent Stuff. "Pretty she married me just to make me happy. Givin' her some space, that's why she's not here and I'm not there. Figure we're not too much longer for bein' much else but room-mates or besties. Maybe some day she'll choose me again for herself."

Long fingers toyed with the lump a braided hair bracelet hidden under a sleeve.

"S'pose I owe you an apology for getting all sentimental like. How about you? Anyone special in your life?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

5. Likes Cayce, , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Last of your old cards on the last day of the year? That's probably a good sign." shifting so she could return to leaning on the rail, "And I think it would be very bad for business if you handed out cards with an old number on them." says the wisp as she joins Bart in admiring the world as it slowly drifted by.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Church? Did he say church? She couldn’t help the surprise on her face after hearing that. Not the religious type herself, she figures whatever works for em. "Not something you hear everyday, but good for you guys!"

And then he went into a description about her, a little more than she really cared to know. Not that she was immune to romance, it just did nothing for her. A childhood dream that was soon shattered by the harshness of reality. Oh, and living, well, living-ish, one learned that love was just something Kine told themselves to make life easier.

Choose him again for herself? What the hell was this kid talking about?

Ale has to remind herself she is playing Kine tonight, and Kine show empathy and all that crap. So she does, nodding and listening. Well, kinda listening.

This time the head shakes, “It’s all good. It sounds like you care deeply for her, and I hope everything works out and that she chooses you again.” See, she paid attention!

“Me?” oh kid, the stories I could tell you. But instead she shrugs, shaking her head, looking at her empty bottle before continuing, “I’m not someone who does the whole relationship thing well.” Being one of the undead makes dates hard. Not to mention all those feelings and someone wanting to be right next to you all the time reminded her of a dog. “More of a loner who doesn’t really see the point in it all. Plus, in all honesty, I used to travel too much to put in any effort, and those things kinda require some effort.” She adds with a lopsided grin.

8. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

It's Okay. Really. It was just nice to say it Out Loud. Sometimes you need to. To make it Real.

"I get it. I was that way for a fair bit myself,"
    he nodded. "Figured if I was always movin' on to the next show, why bother with roots?"

Sometimes a person asks a question to begin the debate. To start their spiel to change the other person's mind or defend themselves. This? It's not that. It's actual agreement.

"Tattoos, guns, cars, and no strings? Reckon you're only a loner when you want to be."
    A wink turned into a blink of surprise as the boat slowed and lurched*. "Looks like we're about to dock. Or make landfall. Never can get boatin' terms straight but don't get me started on the difference between a lasso and lariat."

Jack would shake, but his long, uncalloused fingers would never belong to a rider. Instead, he tipped an imaginary hat.

"Ma'am, it's been a genuine pleasure."

Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

10. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Yeah…moving…being undead, both were good reasons not to put down roots.

There was a genuine laugh at the comment, “Well, I won’t deny it.” And why would she? Sometimes a little company in bed was a good thing. Though Kine didn’t do it quite like Kindred did.

“Uh, not too sure. I think dock is the term, but I have no clue.” You would think she’d remember from her trek across the sea. But that was many years ago and memories and nights start to blend into one after a while.

“You too. Have a safe night.” Never know when there were predicators out and about. The thought almost made her laugh, but she just smiled and nodded.

12. Likes , West liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Yes. Indeed." Campanella chuckles in agreement. "I am actually glad I have stopped my travels for that very reason. Something solid under my feet, you understand?"

He turned his head slightly so he could speak more easily to his companion.

City lights, reflected on the water, tugged at the periphery of his vision.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Totally," Mhairi agrees with an easy smile, shifting to look at Bart. One thing Mhairi remembered clearly was that it was considered rude to not do that. "When I was a kid my family moved all the time. Then...well this is the longest I've ever spent in one place...in a very, very long time."

The lights of the city glitter against the water, the mirror the the scattered fireworks a wonderful jolt of color.

"It's nice. The change of pace."

The boat ride, and the living in one place for more then a handful of months.

The momentum of the boat shifts, learching a little, they've reached the end of the line. "I'll call you sometime Bart." she says patting where she'd hidden the dogeared card away.

16. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread