Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(16 WS) Back Booth

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    S
    Sasha

After softly walking toward where Green went to be seated, she did wonder why the tall man chose booths versus a back table. Even the Fairest had issues in certain booths, however, theirs were more roomy on account of her own issues.

"Malcolm, of course I'd love to hear your idea. You know you can always call me any time, day or night, and you'd have my undivided attention."

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"I hope you meant now instead of later." says Mhairi, figuring if Green didn't want to include her and Alex in with whatever he wanted to talk to L'aire about he would have brought it up when the Winters were alone, or before the Solstice had even began.

The Wisp hovers by the booth instead of down, just in case. "If it was later, I can go back to mingling."
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green moved with heavy tread to his favoured booth. He placed his jug carefully, winced slightly as the furniture creaked with his weight. Once he had settled he gestured for Mhairi to sit.

"I gotta problem, yeah? Well... We might have a problem. The 'Hold, I mean, yeah? Now I don't know how the old Oaths and work, not really. Like, I mean, I got some ideas and I've been studying up and stuff. Anyway, yeah, uh... We need to think of, like, back up plans or something..."

His eyes closed for a moment and then he deliberately moved his jug to one side. He was not going to hide behind his drink this time.

"Now maybe this is just talk, you know. But the Courts are thin on the ground now. And I don't know if they Wyrd accepts a Crown without subjects, you know. Winter and Autumn we got covered. Summer and Spring... Less so. I guess Seraphina is going to be Pledged by the time all this is over, but it don't mean the Antler Crown is going to be hers because she's the last Spring standing. Ah - same for Alex here. Yeah, man, sorry. One alone don't make a Court. But what do I know?"

A glance to the two Sovereigns.

"So we need a back up. The Freehold Oath stands because the Courts stand surety, right. Technically, we are down two of 'em. But this ain't over till its over, right? There's ways. Ever heard of the Freehold out in Miami? I hears talk they got one head guy, a mean ass Summer. Its wrong, right? But I also hear that they get around the Turn of the Seasons by making their 'Hold about turf, you know? Summer has a big chunk of the town; but Spring, Autumn and Winter have their bits of the pie, too. Other examples I heard of: Chicago - the Courts are buried deep in different, um, industries. They keep out of each others turf that way. Then there's places like New York - now there, the 'Hold is so big the Courts are like mini kingdoms, yeah? They fight. They got their hooks in different industries too, just like Chicago. But with this twist - the Onyx work like mercenaries for the other Courts. No territory - but they got a role. And stuff."

He laid his hands on the table, itching for a drink.

"So heres an idea. Each Court claims some turf - place or industry, role, or what not. You know, buys into something solid in this town. Make it their own. We already half way there - Autumn's got Edna's right; and we Onyx have got the Blue Note. I dunno, thats like hospitality and entertainment right there. Now we just need to get Spring and Summer on board. Its a tall ask since Alex here... and Seraphina, I guess... are kind of on their own over this. Point is, the power split remains, yeah? I think the Freehold Oath will hold with that."

He let out a sigh.

"Its either that or we shrink the Hold down to single building, yeah? Like one of them Old World redoubts or forts or bulwark things, you know? What do you think?"

Had to bring all the OOC talk from earlier this month into IC somehow. So here it is. Also - spot the upcoming 2nd Edition reference :P

4. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    S
    Sasha

L'aire nodded for Mahari to have a seat. It was possible that all of what Green had to say would effect her as well.

As she listened, the Fairest took mental notes. The two were pillars of the Freehold which probably meant more to them than the rest of the Freehold, aside from the others who had been by their sides.

"Having a 'back up' of sorts, is a good idea."

"I think you and I can both agree that our Courts have grown thin with the trickling of the past. I still hold hope that they will not be as this forever." Which was honest, but to not have a backup plan would be foolish.

"For each Court or even Courtless to have 'Turf' of some sort, would be useful. However, I do not wish for anyone who is not in that season to be suddenly 'shut out' of visiting that location. That would drastically go against the community that we've come to establish. Because if we are torn apart here, it makes it much easier for those who wish us harm to do just that." The Fairest was being logical, at best.

"I like the idea of each Court having a place, or industry for that matter." She nodded in pleasant agreement.

"However, your last note." She turned her head slightly. "Do you remember that other small hotel or bed and breakfast we investigated? If we need a commons for all Courts or all Changelings, we still have that as a possibility."

The Dancer was on the fence about the situation, but Green had many good points. What some didn't realize is that to be a good Sovereign, listening to the ideas of others was not only useful, but meant you were not as Green described in Miami, an ass. Leading by example was important to L'aire as she smiled to Mhairi who probably had her own wheels turning with the information.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi was the first to admit that she really didn't know Green at all. That's why she's been so fanatical about getting that coffee. She'd known that when the Mountain moved, he moved. And it looked like when he spoke he spoke.

Mhairi mind, was already turning over what Green had said, organizing her reply when L'aire made her own. When she noticed the commotion taking place in the Blue Note. Mhairi's fell-flames took in the group of nearly fifty, her eyes drawn and drawn again to the one in the front that man that was too human. Was his Mask Hardened? Was he an ensorcelled mortal...? Mhairi frowns the puzzle of him tugging at her mind.

"Either we really need that back up. Or the Wyrd has decided to be cute again." fell-flames still on the group of new arrivals.

Turning her attention back to the Winters, trusting the 'hold to take care of the group. Alex was already intercepting them, and Morgan wasn't rushing to her side. "Honestly I've been thinking about this too...but my ideas didn't lead along the same paths as yours did." she swallows, "Have either of you heard of the Dawn or Dusk Courts? I thought that if we needed to. If there was no other way that we...we could split the 'hold down the middle and..." well, Mhairi thought it was pretty obvious as to what she meant, and the thought of it left a horrible taste in her mouth...forswearing Autumn. No. Not now. She couldn't.

"I think isolating the Courts from one another would be stupid. I love the sense of com unity we have...but we need that division, that change...if we had a place, that hotel or something....we could always swap who's in charge of it." Nibbling on her lip, "How did the Four Seasons work?" Mhairi honestly didn't know. She'd known that it used to be the 'hold's commons, and that Fairweather had razed it to the ground, and many were lost, but she always felt that it would be insensitive to pry.

3 suxx what up with dat guy? (steve i mean steve :P )
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-01-02 15:37:15 Mhairi Ankaa rolls 5 to What up with dat guy? (Wits 3 + Occult 1 + 1 A.Mantle) (10 Again) 8, 10, 4, 5, 9, 3 3 successes

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green turned to L'aire and the booth creaked under his weight.

"We have that? I wasn't sure the deal had gone through. Well... Yeah. That kinda solves it right there. Uhm - The Freehold owned the Four Seasons, in so many ways. We had an inside man who was some sort of HR guru, yeah? Mr. Bates, wizened guy. He made sure we had jobs for those who needed them, and rooms for those that wanted it. It was a big enough place that we could go under the radar. Spring owned a restaurant on the street level."

Turning back to Mhairi.

"Yeah. I don't think you find the Court. The Court finds you... Anyway! The Freehold had a Hollow had a shared hollow, like neutral ground. Ownership changed with each Season. All the Freehold functions - the wheel of the year and stuff - all that was held at the Freehold Hollow, follow me. There was no Blue Note. There was Edna's but it was simply a crash pad owned by the Autumn Queen, yeah. Just like the Empty Orchestra was a karaoke bar or something to that effect - income stream and fun place to gather. The Courts didn't own property back then. That all happened after we lost the Four Seasons, yeah."

Back to L'aire.

"But if we got another hotel. Then I guess we can switch back? We do things the way we do because of what the Wyrm did. And survival and stuff. If we can't... why not just carve out a big Hollow and have it shared between the Courts? Or just the Freeholders, yeah? The year turns but it don't mean we are totally stuck to..."

The mountain might have said more - indeed he had more to say, it was obvious from the way his mouth stopped, half open - but the sudden and all consuming commotion from the front of the bar became too much to bear. Unable to resist further, he popped his huge head over the top of the booth.

"What the hell!"

8. Likes liked this post
    S
    Sasha

The Dancer shook her head. L'aire had a tough time getting behind only two courts. When one spent years in a soul court, it felt like abandonment...and something much worse. "We have had a member of one of those courts here, but they were returning and didn't stay long. I would like to keep the seasons. The thing is, many of us have a lot of time and energy invested into our Courts."

L'aire chuckled softly. "Yes, we spent a lot of time with that place. It could be of great use to us. And plenty of room for expansion. And potentially, if needed, each season could have their own hollow inside."

"But most importantly, Mhairi, the Four Seasons embodied us all. Everyone was welcome. It changed with each season. Those who were Courtless found sanctuary there too, long before the Court found them, or the reverse. The Courtless could reside there without having to worry about being convinced to join any Court. The Four Seasons served a purpose far beyond a building and a place to call everyone's. And I think we could definitely have that back."

Before Green could get completely up in arms about the man, L'aire shouted at Nathan. (See main thread).

"You know Malcolm, this used to be the Empty Orchestra." She said with a soft chortle and a memory of a story Rick told her.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"It did, huh? I'd heard rumours but I got the idea they were a bit muddled, yeah?"

Green sat back down, slowly. A fist curled around his jug and he took a deep drink.

"Yeah. The old Four Seasons was more than a hotel. It was, like, the... I dunno... Freehold, in a way. Heart and soul of the place."

He laid down his jug.

"I don't mind opening the Freehold up to other Courts, but I am not leaving the Onyx. We can work something out, so long as power transitions..." His words trailed off as he poked his head around the side of the booth, looking briefly at the hordes of unfamiliar Lost. "Maybe we don't have to change much at all," he added with a strangely sour note. "Can we at least get some agreement on a Freehold Commons? For years now each Court has had its own but with the state things are in right now, I am not sure thats such a good idea. Kinda relies on each Court have the resources to carve out a Hollow and buy some real estate, you know?"

The booth creaked as he shifted his weight.

"And L'aire is right. We can lay our hands on another hotel. So, yeah, the circle is complete. We can be whole again. Just say the word."

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

L'aire and Green keep talking, and Mhairi's listening, but her fell-flames stray to the hoard of new arrivals, and how they were braking off into groups. She needed to talk to the Autumns.

"No. I'd never abandon Autumn. Not now, not ever. The thought makes me sick." she sucks in a breath, "But if it was between keeping to Autumn or protecting the Freehold..." Mhairi didn't know what she'd do, and with the hoard milling around the Blue Note, it looked like she didn't need to.

"I wish..." Mhairi trails off, she shouldn't wish to have seen the Four Seasons, not with how it ended. "Well. We could get that back right? Something like the Four Seasons? It sounds a hell of a lot better then what we've got going now. It feels like we're together, but in the looses sense. Having tight bonds of community and family would be...amazing."

"This is me. Mhairi-Queen, saying the word. I want a circle. I want us to be whole, I want..." Mhairi swallows. "And with the hoard over there, I'm sure there's someone the Wyrd'll crown for Summer and Spring. It doesn't seems as hopeless as it was an hour ago."

S
    Sasha

The Fairest became sentimental as Green described the warm and inviting Four Seasons. In fact, she thought they may as well rename it as such. "Malcolm, I agree with all you have said. It's been my wish for a long time, but I had only thought Daniel was the one who was really gung-ho about it." She really missed the Gravewight, maybe one day he'd return.

Her eyes flicked between both of them. "I will double check all of the final touches and hopefully we can get everything in place as soon as changelingy possible." It would be her Winter goal to unit them all and hopefully it would be announced sooner than later.

"We can be whole again." L'aire looked with intense violet eyes to Mhairi. "As long as you have hope, nothing is hopeless. I have been through a lot in this freehold and I still hold hope. Sometimes it wains, but it's still there." She smiled strongly as she assured the Autumn that not all was really... lost.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.