Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Networking

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Over the last year, I've noticed we've had a drop in social scenes -- not just the big group scenes, but the smaller, interpersonal ones. I'm not sure if that's because of the Scene limit or just because people are unsure of how to start them.

Interaction --positive and negative-- is the core of a large, player-driven game like this. Plots and gatherings provide some framework, but the other part is up to you. Every character has a personal story, and the interactions advance it and add layers and immersion.

So, what I'd like y'all to think about is offering up 'hooks' that other people could use to begin interacting or take that interaction to the next level. Not only will it help you, but it will help us all -- if there's a character you want to meet, you can go see how to meet them (or why you would want to).

I've done a few for my mage on his About Me (Biography) tab on his profile page: Star.

I've also tried to give hooks that are accessible to anyone, and ones that are a bit more specific to in-venue interests.
    - Where can your character be found?
    - What are interests?
    - Is there any potential to run a PRP for someone else?
    - Etc

QuoteQuote:
    Hooks
    Common

● Jack makes no secret of the fact that he works as a photojournalist for the Sacramento Bee -- useful for digging up old news stories or getting into places where a press pass might be handy.
    ● He can often be found in public venues, such as parks, performing impromptu magic shows.
    ● A familiar ear might place his accent as East Coast/Southern -- he's from Florida.
    ● Every now and then he'll wear a t-shirt that alludes to a fondness for raves and EDM.

Guardian of the Veil
    Star is a known Guardian, and willing to discuss Order membership or ideology.
    ● For those seriously interested, he might even handle their Veils.

Obrimos
    Although he prefers to foist the responsibility off on someone else, Star has been the Obrimos Councilor on multiple occasions. He's also been called upon by the Consilium to investigate and cleanse lingering resonance.
    ● It's not a stretch to assume he's well versed in Prime, making him an excellent source of information and/or aid in rituals, Hallows, Dispels, and resonance investigation.

Consilium
    Star is a factotum, and well versed in matters of the Lex Magica and the formation of Saramento's Charter.
    Just food for thought
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

2. Likes White, Yumyumcrow, , Orianna liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Bump for the lack of socials!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
+ Reply to Thread