Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Awkward Archery!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Snippy!Avis made all this feel tons better that's for sure.

Calm and softly speaking Avis made Tuesday feel like something was about to explode. And it might be her head. And yes. She totally understood that Mind's not what you need for that Dea!

Whatever. Explosions!

Snippy!Avis meant that it kinda already happened.

Tuesday wordsploded, and Avis Snippysploded.

So yes. Indeed the Explosions! happened. Even if they were of the wordy variety.

"So. You just wanna feel what you wanna feel. Love who you wanna love. And just Be. That 'bout right?" That wasn't what she'd been expecting either. "Sure. Star explained a little. But. Not a whole lot. Like I know that's just another way of saying 'a little' but. Yeah. You know how he gets when his ears go all red." and didn't that feel weird saying that to the man's wife who wanted to Be with other peeps. "It was a little more history, about Why, and seeing if I wanted to Stuff with him."

Tuesday moves her arms away from her middle, "And him making some more truffle popcorn, this time with extra butter." a smile, before the Unicorn hops upon the next question.

"Dose Star know? That you want to Be, instead of each of you having a girlfriend? Or Sharing a girlfriend?" It might help getting everyone on the same page.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Honestly, it was usually Star making her ears red, but there were a few times Avis had caught a glimpse of what Tuesday was talking about. Especially when he tried to use food to distract from it.

"I thought he did," Avis replied with a shrug, "but I think we're still not quite speaking the same language, you know? Like, I don't really get the difference between dating and other stuff. Star's the only person I've ever dated. I mean, even Varyx wasn't a date. That was...I don't even know. I'm glad it happened, but it was really weird, to, to be intimate with someone you haven't seen in months, and then have to leave again."

Her eyes fell to the floor as she considered this, but finally she just shrugged and looked back up.

"Well, whatever. You've heard what Star wants. You've heard what I want. What about you?"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"I bet." Tuesday hadn't ever done anything like what happened between the two Warlocks, one night stands, sure. But this...wasn't that. And was different. Important and different. Avis' admission, explains so much. And settle Tuesday properly. She'd been lying to herself about feeling better. Obliviously her thoughts were scattered and just because she's been ignoring the pounding pulse in her throat doesn't mean that it wasn't still thrumming wildly.

Tuesday shakes her head. Then her arms, and wiggles her fingers, and her toes. Takes a breath, holds and exhales. "I'm not gonna tell you what you've probably already heard a million times. And I'm not gonna tell you that you have to act or think or blah blah blah. Because that's stupid. But. If you want. I can be a translator-moderator-person. You and Star have talked. But there's obviously something that's not quite clicking." She's talked to them both, asked them questions which left more questions.

Tuesday sucks in another breath, Avis wanted to Be. Star wants and loves Avis, and might want to More then Just Stuff with her. And Tuesday...

"I want to be loved. Which I get. Just from this. Us. Vee Tee. Maybe not love-love-yet. But it's more then what I had last year. But sometimes I want more, because that little girl who thought fairy tales equaled sunshine and puppies and happily ever afters...has hooked a ridiculous romantic streak in me. That I haven't been able to get rid of. Which, honestly I don't know if I want to get rid of it. Because life is shitty. And sometimes hope is awesome even if it crushes you. But sometimes. Most-times it's all I've ever had." mom loved dad. and look how that turned out. "I want to find love. Be loved. But I don't want to be shackled. So. I get it. You're wanting to Be."

5. Likes West liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Just...don't confuse Hope with expectations," Avis cautioned, hedging away from the topic of herself once again.

"I think that's a distinction that gets lost too often. I mean, Hope can't ever let you down, can it? It's always focused on the horizon. It's when you expect something will happen that you get let down, because expectations are what come with expiration dates. If you can parse out the difference between the two, then I think you won't have anything to fear. So hope for sunshine and puppies and flowers or whatever, and if you want to see if you can find that with Star, I'm cool with it. Just, I don't know, don't create expectations about what should happen."

Which, in essence, was probably very similar to Just Being, but Avis wasn't quite prepared to see it that way. "Just Being" sounded far too Zen for her, and though she didn't disparage that sort of philosophy, it wasn't something that she felt she really understood. It seemed far too external for her. Too focused outward, when her strength came from within the contours of what made herself herself.

But, well, that came with it's own disadvantages, too. Especially when it came to things like love, or sharing your life with others.

"Um...So are you feeling better about this?" Avis asked after a moment, focusing back on the plucky weekday. "You want a hug or something?"
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

7. Likes West, liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday sees what Avis' doing there. But respects the women enough to not push. If she wants or need to talk Tuesday'll be here. And if she never does, Tuesday could poke. Ask a few blunt questions and maybe get equally blunt answers in return.

"Shit. I might be." Tuesday admits, shifting her weight from foot to foot. "I'm bad at that. I hope, and hope and hope but then. Yeah my expectations sorta just get weird, and high and yeah. I'm always disappointed. But turn around and do it again."

"I dunno." she shrugs, "I told Star I wanted to see how everything grew. Organically. So it's not fake, or fast. Which means that yeah. I want more. So. Yeah. There's that." she swallows.

"Yeah. I'm better. Not as. You know." She shrugs again, "And yes. I definitely want a hug. But be warned if I get it, I'll brag to everyone that I got an Avis hug."

9. Likes West liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Why do you have to make it weird?" Avis groused as she stepped closer, her arms wrapping around Tuesday in what was, admittedly, a hesitant embrace. It wasn't because she cared about peopling knowing about a hug, but because it was such a weird thing to brag about. Especially after everything that Tyria Primoria had dredged up when she called Star and herself out for having an intimate moment in the what was once the Fillard Goldman museum.

Of course, that was before Tuesday had come to town. Technically, it was even before this entire reality had existed, so obviously it would be difficult for Tuesday to have known about that.

Though, now that Avis was thinking about, she barely knew anything about the Unicorn's past, as well.

"Do you want to talk about some of those disappointments?"
    she asked once the embrace had ended. "To, I don't know, clean the slate so you can plant your organic hippy relationship seeds?"

11. Likes West, liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"It's a gift." Tuesday chirps, vibrating as Avis' arms wrap around her. The hesitance makes the unicorn want to frown. She doesn't say anything, but returns the embrace, a little firmer but still loose enough for Avis to escape if she wants. Not that Tuesday thought that her twiggy unicorn arms could keep a Master of Space put, but Tuesday hoped, that the thought counted.

All to soon, or perhaps it was forever for the hesitant huger - Avis pulls away.

"Sure. I guess. I mean. Yeah. Sure." Tuesday nods, and leans against the wall.

Once Tuesday found a place that's a little more comfy then not leaning anywhere, "At first it was just me being stupid. When I first hit the streets. You can probably imagine what kind of gullible little idiot I was. It's later, when I thought I knew better that really hurts." crossing her arms, "His name was Tyler. And I really, really thought that he was The One. He wasn't. I wasn't as sweet and innocent as he thought, or wanted. But...what's worse is that if I never hit the streets, never lost that innocent sweetness...never Awoke. He might have been The One for reals. That was the Dream I had. With Tyler and mom and...shit." Tuesday looks away, blinking a lot. "There's a lot of me just being stupid and rushing. I find someone, and it's a whirlwind, and it's so right...until it's just...not."

A wry smirk replaces the hurt, and rapidly blinking eyes, "So. That's why with Star I want to..sow my 'organic hippy relationship seeds'."

13. Likes Cayce, West liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

Avis blew out a long breath between her lips, and settled back into her lean against the wall, arms re-crossing themselves over her chest.

"I don't think there's a cure for that," she said finally, a slight frown tugging at her lips. "I mean, I'm not trying to say that you have, like, a disease or anything, but maybe that's why there's no cure. I mean, even if you take it slow...Ok, I guess this might not apply, since it wasn't exactly romantic, but that's what happened with the Original VT. Two other people, Asp and Zoey, made the cabal with Star and me. We took it slow, starting as just people sharing the same Hallow, but even then it didn't matter. At the end of the day...we just weren't the right people for each other. Maybe we just couldn't get over ourselves, or the different problems we'd accumulated, but things fell apart.

"Still,"
    Avis added with a mild shrug, "you have to try. Other people inform and shape who we are, so if we turn into shut ins, we stagnate. So I'm glad you're still trying. And if there's anything I can do to help you two bloom, our whatever, let me know."

Which, for anyone, was probably an incredibly odd thing to say. And if Avis was saying it to anyone else, she doubted it would be sincere. But with Tuesday, Avis meant it. She didn't feel threatened by the other woman. She didn't feel envious. She felt like what she'd pretended to have with Asp and Zoey was actually real now. She felt like she was trying to help her sister find happiness, and that was a good feeling, no matter that mundane definitions didn't apply.

15. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday blinks at Avis.

Because those words. They got the playlist in her brain going.

♫"I was born sick, but I love it, command me to be well... "♫ the Unicorn whispers, before she can help herself. It comes to Tuesday then, listening to Avis, that she and Star felt very differently, or at least remembered the Original Vee Tee differently, but, that just what people did. "You all came together to do a thing, you guys didn't come together to be a cabal. I'm here 'cause I wanna be in a cabal. I wanted to be in Vee Tee."

"And I think we both know that I'm anything but stagnate." there's a smirk. The persona Tuesday presents might be a collection of Acanthus cliches, but when she gets tired and bored with something she reshuffles the deck, and picks something else that'll work. Was that Tuesday? Or was it just mercurial acanthus cliche speaking?

"Thanks." Tuesday looks at Avis, and it's weird, but that's okay. "If you need help Being. Or figuring out stuff. I can help. Maybe not, you know. Since I like Penis Club members. But. Other stuff. Yeah. Totally." it's not quite a grin, but it's a far cry from the sheer panic and worry that had crossed the Unicorn's face earlier.

"So. Wanna shoot stuff full of arrows now?"

Sadly we're at 0 days remaining! Want to fade to black shooting stuff full of arrows?

17. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"If you want to, Cupid," Avis replied with a small smile, turning back towards the firing range...

Awesome scene!

19. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread