Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Awkward Archery!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Sooooo this was happening.

The day finally dawned. Clear. Bright. Perfectly, wonderful in every way.

Today's trip had been in the books since Avis first brought her to the archery club and they got her this wonderfully awesomely-awesome bow.

(It was awesome. and purple.)

Since this was In the Books and Everything Was Arranged, Tuesday couldn't bail.

Because today was the day, this Unicorn was going to start learning how to shoot things full of arrows by a Master.

By which she means Avis.

The Avi part of Avistar.

After which Tuesday kissed the Star part of Avistar.

Hoooboy.

Which might explain why she was just standing there like an idiot instead of...anything else.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

2. Likes West liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

You couldn't get jet lag when traveling in the same timezone, but Avis still felt off. Maybe that was just due to...how everything was changing. How she'd gotten to fulfill a fantasy, but not like she'd been expecting to. Not when, suddenly, there was all this distance. Between her and Varyx. Between her and Star. It reminded her of what it felt like, the moment before appearing in another place. Objectively, Teleportation took no time, not even a microsecond, but that wasn't how it felt. There was always a fleeting moment of total weightlessness. Of freedom from gravity and air pressure, from humidity and temperature, from scent and direction. Freedom...but lack of control. It was always exhilarating for that fleeting moment, but Avis could imagine the terror she would feel if that moment were to stretch on in time.

Thankfully, though, she wasn't free from the pull of the earth, or the touch of air today. She also wasn't free from a lesson, but she was looking forward to that. She wasn't quite sure whether she could call the Unicorn a friend, yet, but she was hoping to.

"Hey, Tuesday," Avis called, "you ready to become an Archer? Fun fact, Tuesday is associated with the god Tiw, Tyr, and Mars. Also, with fire. There's a theme there, you know? Or a common thread. It's...what they call it...AAA? Africa, Asia, Atlantis? Well, ok, technically Europe and Asia, but that's pretty disparate in my opinion. Historically."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

4. Likes , West liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Avis. Hi." she might have waved.

Was it just her, or did Avis seem more I dunno...relaxed?

Should she credit Varyx? (and why won't her brain let her escape the rounding circles of Awkward?) Or was it because this was a scheduled meeting typed thing and not a random Unicorn ambush?

"Super yep. That's me. Awesome Amazon Archer...in progress." a smile. "Yeppers. I did know. Well. I did after Dea started using it as a reason why her apprentice chose Tuesday as a s'name." was it her or did she feel more babble-y then normal?

"Historically? Sure. But you can word me if you want. Since. History and...yeah." Definitely more babble-y.

Tuesday blows out a gust of air. Bites her tongue aaaaand "Should I exchange Amazon for Valkyrie? Since Tyr? Victorious Valkyrie....uh...word. I need one." looking at Avis for the first time, "Do you know a Vee word I could use."

A heartbeat.

"I like alliteration."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Well what the hell did 'Dea' mean anyways?" Avis countered, her face twisting into a purposefully comic sneer. "Dea-feat? Dea-icide? Dea-troit?"

The Warlock gave a snerk, and shook her head, a light smile appearing in place of the smirk.

"Seriously, though, you shouldn't change your name. Except to maybe Wednesday, because it couldn't be more ironic."

And she couldn't help but snigger after saying that. The Irony-ception was strong with that suggestion.

"Sorry, I know you weren't talking about changing your name, but I couldn't resist the joke. I've been holding onto it for like a month, now. You just gotta let somethings fly free, ya know?"

Avis shook her head again and started walking towards the small shooting range they'd set up in the sanctum.

"Anyways, um, how was your weekend?"
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

7. Likes West, liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Close but no cigar." Tuesday quips.

Avis was still all Avis-like and Tuesday was feeling more at east, "Dea instead of Deus. Because lady bits." should she? sure. why not? "Dea Ex Machina! My mentor; the walking ego!"

Tuesday snorts in time with the snerk. Turning into a bark of a laugh at Avis' words and the snicker that followed. "It's all good. I get Wednesday quips all the time. The perfict come back is, of course, that I can't pull off braids." Tuesday flashes Avis an angelic smile.

"Totally. I agree. Gotta let 'em fly and share in the lullz." Clearly this was a sentiment that the Unicorn lived by.

Trailing after Avis to the shooting range she stops short when Avis asks The Question.

All of the ease that Tuesday felt, evaporated like the morning mist, then she blurts because of course she does. "I kissed Star!"

9. Likes West liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

The sudden, blurted admission made Avis half stumble, having clearly expected a much more...hesitant conversation. Maybe because that's how she would have started this conversation, if it had been the other way around. But, well, it was silly to expect the same sort of reaction out of a Unicorn.

"Ok," Avis replied softly, slowing her pace to hopefully show that everything was, in fact, ok.

"If you did kiss Star, though," she continued, turning to meet the other woman's eyes, "then that means my drawing wasn't entirely wrong, was it?"

She had to know how much she'd been projecting, and how much was picking up on things on a more subliminal level.

11. Likes West, liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Oops.

Tuesday really, really didn't mean to wordsplode.

Honest!

It, just...sorta came out.

Because if she waited. She's wait, and wait and wait until Avis had an arrow notched. Which. Might be. You know. Bad.

So maybe she did mean to wordsplode.

So maybe she should just, you know. Wordsplode. "Yes. I did kiss Star. There wasn't any ifs. But it was After. Talking about Stuff. You and Him and Varyx. Stuff." Nodding head is nodding. Vigorously. It was kinda making her dizzy. "Only. You and him are you and him. And Him and you. Two halves to a Thing. A Good Thing! But I might like-like Star. And I know he thinks I'm bangable. Since. Talking about Stuff. Doing Stuff. So kissing happened. Since he said you were okay with Stuff when you and Varyx were....yeah. But you're back. So Stuff should be off the table. Since you and him are you and him and him and you." Tuesday gulps down some air. "But I think I could more then like-like Star. Eventually. Easily." because she should probably mention that. "Since you and him. And just him being him. And yeah..."

A million, trillion heartbeats in a half a second thrummed against her throat.

She swallowed.

It didn't help.

13. Likes West liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

Avis stopped walking, turning so that she could put her back against the wall and lean on it for support. She crossed her arms, and tried not to sigh.

"Tuesday, look. I thought I saw something between the two of you. Something that, I'm pretty sure, you both feel. Maybe I don't quite understand what, exactly, that is, but I don't care. If you want to explore, good, I'm glad for you. I want you to be happy. I want Star to be happy. There are things that I don't think I can really provide for him, and even though he says that's not true, it makes me feel better to think that he's still able to get that, even if it's with you, and not with me. So like I said, if you like being with Star, and you want to try being with Star, I'm not going to stop you, or feel jealous, or anything. And just so you know,"
    she added, meeting the Unicorn's eyes, "I know that you're a lot more than just 'bangable' in Star's eyes. And my eye's too, if that makes any difference."

15. Likes West, liked this post
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"I was expecting you to tell me to back off your man." Tuesday says faintly, not quite believing Avis words. "Get all possessive and bitchy. Since you're thing with Varyx sounded like a one time. Or whatever thing. Not a continued something...so your hubby can Do Stuff with a-" she was going to use Unicorn. Acanthus in the Theater. Hell even Tuesday. But that made it seem distant. "With me."

"I want Star to be happy too." Tuesday chews on her lip. "And I want to be happy, but I want you to be happy too." Tuesday says, not questioning Avis when she says that she wouldn't get jealous. Avis was a groan ass women who knew herself. Besides, Tuesday couldn't think of a reason that Avis'd lie about it, considering just what conversation they were having.

Hazels meet murkier orbs. She breathes out. "Yeah. Yeah it does. But at the same time it doesn't. If that makes sense." Tuesday shrugs, wrapping her own arms around herself. "Like it more then just Stuff. Less Fooling Around Stuff. And more Relationship stuff. Are you..." Tuesday fumbles. Avis told her to only ask questions she actually wanted an answer for.

"So I guess you're okay with an Open Relationship. Pending discussions. Since me. and Varyx. But are you wanting more then just that? Like an actual polyamorous one?"

17. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"I don't know!" Avis huffed, her free hand ruffling furiously through her hair.

"I don't know what it is!" she exclaimed, exasperation rising in her voice. "I don't get why we have to put all these boundaries on things, or why we think that one thing can't exist if it exists with something else! Or, like, why we're all so afraid to try new things. Or not even new things! Just, like, things! I swear, it's like every step we take forward doesn't matter, because we're on a treadmill."

She huffed again, the sudden surge of frustration calming as she realized that getting snippy with the unicorn was probably the least helpful thing she could have done.

"No, wait, I'm sorry,"
    she blurted out, "I'm not angry at your, I promise. I just...I feel like Star and I have been fighting about this for like half a year, and every time we get close to figuring it out, no one's actually on the same page. Like, I thought that Star was gonna explain stuff to you. And maybe he did, I guess, I dunno. All I know is that I don't care if he's close to other people. And I want to be close to other people, too. Not to replace, or augment, or whatever. Just to...I don't know, live with more. Live without stupid boundaries."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread