Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Life Is A Highway

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Yes, the whole week Robert Cross was Reeve.

Asa listened in attentive silence, nodding here and there. He had suspected and expected as much with her background with organized crime. It was the primary reason he'd seen her as a good fit for the Covenant. He glanced outside again as a small smile touched his lips. In other company, he might have made a joke about Victoria's 'hands on', but refrained. Business was business.

"So you favor trust over fear."

The words had a slight lilt at the end; almost a question, as he mused over her words and distilled them.

"An interesting question, among our kind -- in all things."
    They were predators, after all. While Asa himself had ascended to praxis by trust, he had no illusions that he had kept his praxis without fear. The key word? Favor. "I do as well. You survived a Clan meeting that saw two ashed, so I won't worry about rose-colored glasses."

It would be interesting to see how she dealt with someone like Velma Star.

"I think you'll make a fine Lady of the Invictus... in time. Right now the Domain finds itself in unusual circumstances with how few of us there are, and both Hunters and Brood on the rise. Unusual circumstances are often opportunity."

He'd seized his, in the wake of the Elder rampage and the Lost Nights.

"Do you have any questions that you would like to ask me?"
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

Her head nods slightly,

“I’ve traveled both roads, and both have positives and negatives to them. While a little fear is healthy, and required to sustain your position, too much of it will work against you. Every leader, no matter their capacity, needs a few select individuals he or she can trust. Without that, you are constantly looking over your shoulder and not able to fulfill your responsibilities. So while it might sound like I favor one over the other, I actually favor a healthy balance of both.” But she had a feeling with her role in the Invictus that things were going to get interesting. And politics were going to have to be played.

Another chuckle, “An ashing that should not have even taken place if there had been adequate leadership not afraid to get their hands dirty. But none the less, it is what it is.” Nothing could change the past.

“Yes, the Brood. Something I look forward to dealing with and removing from the Domain.” There was an evil smile that appeared on her lips at the mention of taking out the Brood threat.

“Any threat to the safety of the Domain needs to be addressed and handled appropriately. I just worry about the lack of Kindred without a background, or any type of fighting ability. I’m looking into hosting a night of sparring, hoping to get some of the other Kindred involved more.”

Unusual circumstances…opportunity? Would her appointment to Reeve make her a target for other Kindred wanting the position? If so, she had better not let her guard down. Not that she usually did, but it would pay to be extra alert.

Questions? Well shit, sure she had questions, but were they important ones to him.

“A few.” She answered. “Having never held this position before, what are you expectations? Aside from dealing with threats in a swift manner. Do you want reports on situations as they arise and are handled?” seemed like normal questions to her. “Has the Domain ever had problems with the Brood or Hunters in the past?” knowing if this was a new thing or not would alter how it was handled.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

4. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Martial prowess isn't how Miss Sterling destroyed Mr. Fernandez."

It was a reminder not to forget their unique gifts. Each Clan, gifted with a twist of the Blood.

"Years ago, I was recruited as a Deputy by Ishani Naetesh. I believe you saw her
    at Court. I had my own concerns about my abilities, but it was she who convinced me that my Sanquine Voice could be just as effective -- and moreso, in other situations." Asa wouldn't have normally been so forthcoming with information about his past -- but Alessandra was Reeve and Invictus. Eventually she would learn about Dynasties. "But don't take that as criticism or deterrent from your plans. Just... a reminder. As far as reports go, feel free to share information from the Seneschal. I will assume you are both handling matters, and only need to know if you cannot."

Shifting slightly in his seat, Asa raised a hand from the armrest to a temple. History. Memories. Brood. Hunters. Brood. Kisten. Gabriel. Gabriel.

"A decade ago, a Brood sympathizer was executed. Immediately following that, the Brood assaulted the city with a unique strain of mandragora. We've seen them off and on, but recent information suggests ties to Erika Brady. More specifically, with her and her... coterie... having left, Brood activity will increase. Hunter activity is much harder to define. We've had our share of run-ins with hunters, but whether it was directed or organized is difficult to say."
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sanquine Voice? She wasn’t really sure what that was, but if memory served her well on Ventrues, they could take control with their voices. So maybe he was referring to that. And she had seen how useful, and dangerous it was with Victoria. It had saved her undead ass more than once, and would be an amazing skill to have. But she knew Clans guarded those skills, and it wasn’t shared with those outside their Blood. Which was understandable. “My skills aren’t quite as, lets say, silent as hers, I have a feeling my skills will be just as effective.” It was hard to let your hideous claws out and be quiet about it. When hers were out, someone was going to suffer, it was just how it went.

“I did, quite a graceful and alluring woman, I look forward to working with her.” Well, if the woman wanted to help the Domain that was. “I’m in the hopes that my background, paired with political teaching in my moral years, will serve me well to handle any situation. There is somewhat of an art to knowing when violence and when using a little bit of honey will win you the situation at hand.” She might be a Savage, but she wasn’t one blinded by violence or a stupid one. This one knew when to pick her battles and when to say a few sweet words and sooth hurt feelings. “I do hope though, that if there is criticism of what I am doing, that you will share it with me.” She wasn’t perfect, and criticism, when giving correctly, could work wonders.

Nodding her understanding, “I have a feeling Seneschal Hart and I will work very well together. I don’t foresee a situation we cannot handle.” She was sure that Alice had some hidden talents, what they were, well, they remained to be seen.

She listens intently, downshifting the car as needed to slow for a turn or traffic. “Would it be safe to say her and her coterie were in some way keeping them at bay? If so, I'd like to just what she did to achieve that. I’ve come across a few Brood in my travels, though I’ve never dealt with them in great numbers. So finding out what their numbers are would be very useful, though I know how impossible it will be. They are vicious in battle.” Fighting them was intense and had almost ended her own Danse. “They won’t be easy to handle, I should get that sparring class going sooner rather than later. Not a deterrent thought, and one I think we can handle with careful planning.” Well, as much planning as one can do with the Brood anyway.

“May I ask the same of you, do you have any questions for me?”

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It's a bit of a mystery," Asa admitted. "So we can only assume they --or at least one of them-- had strong Brood ties."

Memories of Straiphen were dim. Not because he'd forgotten, but because he'd been an outsider. A nameless, faceless Kindred in the crowd that didn't move in powerful circles. Much like the dozens at Elysium who his eyes simply passed over and discarded as unimportant.

Straiphen, the tyrant. One simply kept their head down and stayed as far from Court as possible.

"Is... Lady Naetesh and Duchess Twist might be interesting in a sparring session,"
    he added. "If nothing else, both might be willing to share their expertise."

Most of his questions about Alessandra had answers already.

"Tell me more about that Gangrel meeting,"
    he finally said with a glance over. "It's unusual to lose two Kindred in the heat of the moment."

9. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

So the new Kindred was a Lady of the Invictus, this was good to know.

“Their expertise would be invaluable. I’ll call them both personally and invite them.” If they decided to help remained to be seen. But it never hurt to try, and knowing how deadly Twist was, she defiantly wanted to learn from her.

His question brought a knot to her stomach. It was still a sore subject to her, one that incited both rage and sadness in her. A weird combination.

“Not sure what more I can tell you, but looking back, I have to wonder if Konrad had stopped sitting on his hands, if it would have ended differently. It also opened my eyes to just how close my Clan is to the Beast, and how easy we can be give into its desires. I had my reservations about, what was his name, I think Luca? He was a little too cunning and clearly had some type of motive to his actions. Not sure if it was to simply show a weakness in our Cousin, or if it was for his sick pleasure. Either way, I enjoyed seeing him reduced to ash.” She wasn’t going to lie about that, especially to Asa. “And I wish I had been able to subdue Brittany or that Katya and Konrad could have staked her. Seriously, how hard is it to put a stake into a Kindred being restrained? Yes, I had Brittany restrained at one point with the aid of Katya, but Konrad was unable to stake her, and she threw us both off. It came down to a split second decision of letting a frenzied Kindred get lose and possibly risk a breach, or use brute force. Unfortunately, I also learned the true deadliness of my abilities, and that I need to learn to use other means if the situation should arise again. I experienced Lady Stamford calming my own Beast when it got out of hand, and have wanted to learn those skills. Maybe if someone at that meeting had those powers, there would have been a different outcome.” Maybe things would have stayed the same, she had no way of knowing.

“And having Konrad tell me we should cover up what happened and hope no one asked questions sealed his fate in my mind.” There was an edge, anger in her voice. She still wanted his head and his blood on her claws. “I could never follow him after that, not owning to your mistakes is a cowardly move.” Least in her opinion it was.

11. Likes West, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

He almost smiled.

Gangrel and Ventrue. More than once he'd noted they were the closest of Clans --sharing two Disciplines -- and one of those bonds was the affinity for the feral thing within.

But it wasn't funny, so he didn't. Instead, he listened; picking and sifting through words and inflections, pauses and assertions, looking for the answer to the real question. To wit: whether Alessandra had seized an opportunity to 'thin the ranks'. It sounded as if she had not if the singular problem had been the inability to bring the Frenzy down or stake the Kindred. A glaring failure of the entire Clan, truth be told.

"He was in a difficult position, I imagine. Being Priscus as well as being unable to... dispose... of witnesses."
    If Alessandra had ashed Brittany when Konrad was unable, no doubt the man hadn't wanted to take his own chances against her. "As were you. I find your choices commendable."

Some day, or if they had been more than casual acquaintances, he might ask her about that ashing. That edge in her voice.

"Speaking of difficult positions, I suspect the Bloods, Crips, Nortenos, and Sureno are about to end their detente and boil over."

OOC

13. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A difficult position? She wanted to scoff, seeing it more of the failing of an inadequate leader. Though, perhaps that judgement was still tainted with the hatred and fury she felt at the man. Instead of saying anything else, or laughing, she simply nodded. Maybe Asa saw something in the mess that she could not. Maybe with time she would learn to see what he saw. Only time, and patience would tell.

His comments on the current gang issues caught her by surprise, and she was sure it showed on her face. “I wasn’t aware of your insight into the current gang situations.” Though it showed her how far his power stretched. She wasn’t sure if this was a good thing…or a bad thing.

“Well, in all honesty, it was a long time in coming. There are almost always conflicts over turf, so I’ve been waiting for that to boil over. They’ve also been fighting over other things, different ways to make money and the such. It won’t be long until there is blood shed on the streets. The first to show their weakness, each gang has one, will be the first to fall. It will be interesting to see who strikes first, as it will set the stage for rest of players.” She planned to bid her time, see what happens and who struck first. That would dictate how her plans would play out.

15. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I think we'd prefer it to not reach that boiling point."

Asa wasn't surprised that Alessandra was surprised. Unlike her, his affiliations and connections were layered upon a entirely different person than the one she knew.

And interwoven.

"If that escalation occurs, it will strain the city's municipal personnel and investors will begin to leave. At a minimum, it might disrupt current... relationships." One could spend month or years Conditioning wooing an influential contact -- time lost if they were killed or simply left. "Open conflict would also give Hunters far more freedom."

It spoke volumes that the Carthians weren't worth mentioning.

"Drop me off at Asylum,"
    he said, pointing to the next major street that would lead there. "Then meet Detective O'Connell at [address]. You'll understand why when you meet him."

17. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding, “Of course. But it’s a delicate situation with many key players.” Pacifying one could lead to angering another. It was a difficult dance to figure out.

There was a frown, she was aware of how important it was to try and contain and prevent the escalation. But she also saw the escalation as a chance for her to gain higher ranking within the gangs, expanding her own influence.

“It’s going to be a difficult mess to try and contain, not impossible, but not easy either. I’ll reach out to my contacts and see what they’ve heard and where the hot heads, so to speak, are. Knowing which leaders are more apt to make the first attack, and on who, could help.” But there was no guarantee that her contacts would tell her anything either.

Asylum, a place she had visited since Katya left. Though she does as told, and turns where he indicated.

Detective O’Connell? Did his influence extend into the police department? If so, he had a definite advantage she didn’t have yet. Police were a little more difficult to work with, finding the corrupt ones took time.

“Sure. And will he know you sent me? I only ask because we all have different names we use for different people.” Meaning she didn’t know who this detective knew Asa as. Her criminal contacts knew her as Sophia, who id Asa’s know him as? Or would he tell her?

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread