Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Life Is A Highway

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa stood outside of Nox, waiting.

It was the time --several minutes before-- and place he'd let Alessandra know he'd like to meet her, but their destination wasn't inside the club. The collar of a long, dark coat was turned up against the wind and the mist-y drizzle beaded on the cloth in tiny sparkles.

He took a slow drag off a clove cigarette, listening to the crackle and pop the heavy leaves made and inhaled the distinctive, thick, nearly solid blue smoke. He only had the urge once every year or three, and it was usually the first chill that brought it out.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

2. Likes Orianna, Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

It’s not every night that one gets to meet up with the Prince outside of Court. So of course you make sure you are there on time.

The Torino pulls up to the club a few minutes early, which would give her a chance to rack her brain on to what the meeting was about. She was pretty sure she’d been behaving, hadn’t broken any Laws and her Cousin seemed to be behaving as well. She hadn’t a chance to screw up as Reeve yet, least, not that she knew of. God that would suck!

The guns were left in the car, cause it’d be rude, and a poor step to show up for a meeting armed. The leather coat was left unzipped, showing a black fitted shirt over leather pants and boots. Her long hair had been piled into a ponytail, simple and neat. It was raining and she wasn’t about to wear a dress in the rain, just wasn’t going to happen.

It wasn’t hard to spot the commanding presence Asa had. She was sure he felt her Beast, no doubt weak in comparison to his, which she thankfully couldn’t feel. Stopping a respectful distance and dipping her head down, both to show respect, and to wonder why he was smoking.

Her Beast didn’t like it, even if the fire was very small, it still hissed in her ear, angry and uncomfortable.

“Good evening.” How was she supposed to address him outside of Court? What name did he use? Urgh, she was grossly under-prepared for this. And was sure the nerves came through in her voice.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

4. Likes , West liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa let the butt fall from his fingers, tossed into a puddle next to his shoe as he stepped on it.

The street lights cast his eyes into shadow as they narrowed, feeling the other Predator bearing down on him. Black shirt, black pants, black jacket. It would be impossible to see the blood if he simply... let go. Let go and gutted the upstart to the sweet crimson whispers echoing below his conscious.

"Good evening."

Asa smiled. Friendly, disarming, engaging.

"That's a lovely automobile. I'm glad you drove,"
    he continued, nodding to the Torino. "I'd like for us to speak while you give me a tour of the city."

He gestured back towards her car, inviting her to lead the way and then following.

"I think I would find it interesting to see what you see in Sacramento."
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Dark eyes watch the cigarette drop and be extinguished, in her ear her Beast sighed with relief.

His friendly and engaging demeanor caused her ridged muscle’s to relax slightly. But not completely, this was the Prince and he had that position for a reason. And she wouldn’t drop her guard, not that she’d probably stand a chance if he decided to end her Danse.

The smile was returned, hers friendly, though still guarded.

Her eyes move to the Torino, the smile turning into one of pride, Grazie!” she loved her car, it was much more suited to her than the jeep was.

Wait…what? Drive him around the city? A tour? What the hell was she, his chauffeur?! But something tells her he wasn’t used to hearing no, and she wasn’t about to test that line.

There was a nod of her head, “Of course, though most of my time in the city has been spent in, well, less favorable sections.” She advises as she walks towards the car. A button was pushed and the doors unlocked as she pauses.

Should she offer to open the door for him? Would that be weird? Was that expected? Damn it all, she wasn’t sure. “Should I get the door for you?” there, she asked. Kinda felt safer that way, asking without assuming, that was a good thing. Right?

8. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Prego."

Asa followed, continuing, "Of course it has. That's why I'd like you to show me around. I'd like to see the city through your eyes."

While he had extensive involvement in 'less favorable' activities, it wasn't as direct or hands-on as the Gangrel's own. He wasn't so far removed, so Invictus, that he was out of touch -- he was just curious.

Show me your power.

"Think of it as a casual... 'company' tour,"
    he added with a smile. Company, as in Covenant business rather than Domain. "...And discussion."

Asa folded his arms, and put a finger to his lips as if lost in thought as he studied the door handle.

"You might need to. How does one gain entry into these horseless carriages again?"
    His eyes lifted to the Gangrel, laughter in them. "No, but thank you. Let's keep this friendly and informal, shall we?"

He opened the door and slid in.

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Grinning, “Your pronunciation of Italian is remarkable.” She compliments, wondering if Twist had something to do with it.

Well, she did warn him. And if he was that curious, well, she’d show it to him. She had nothing to hide, and even if she did and tried, it would seem counterproductive to whatever this meeting was.

There was a slow nod, “Company tour? Well, this will be a first for me, so try and not be too harsh with me.” She says in an attempt to make a joke. It was probably not a good one, but hey, she had to try.

Oh, a discussion. This could either be good, or bad. Considering her Sponsor has left the Domain, she was guessing it was probably not good. Well, it was what it was.

The Savage freezes, watching Asa’s actions, listening to his words. When her eyes saw the laughter in his, her body visibly relaxed. Friendly and informal? Sure, she could do that, how hard could it be to be friendly and informal with the Prince of the Domain….in your car…wanting a city tour?

The corners of her lips curved upward and she smiles, “Then lets begin.” Opening her own door and getting behind the wheel. Once Asa had gotten himself comfortable, she turns the key, bringing the throaty engine to life. It was a standard, and once they were ready, she sifts the car into gear, bringing them onto the road.

“We’ll start where I find myself most nights, the abandoned warehouses near and around the docks. It’s been where most of my own meetings with my Allies have taking place.”

12. Likes West, Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I had a good teacher."

A soft laugh escaped at the memories.

"Interesting choice,"
    he continued as he buckled up and settled into the seat. "Mostly because the Carthians keep expressing their own interest there. Ashley Cohen wanted to develop it and I believe Konrad Roth even had a small import/export warehouse there."

Asa didn't mind giving away the information. Or perhaps encouragement.

"And now that we have some privacy, congratulation on your appointment as Reeve. I've been considering that alongside your probationary period with the Invictus and Lady Stamford's departure."

Dark eyes studied the city outside, sliding past and casting reflections upon the glass.

"If you are still interested, I think you've paid your dues and can be considered a full member of the Covenant. I have a small project that I'd like members to contribute to -- a salon or getaway from Court -- that might require some of your time and resources, but nothing exteme."

He paused to let that digest.

"If you can hold the position of Reeve, do you think you deserve the elevation to Lady of the Invictus?"

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A sly grin spread across her lips as he spoke, “Which was why I wanted to spread my influence there. I don’t know much about import and exports, but I have eyes and ears there now. Which I feel is more valuable, knowledge of what other Kindred or Covenants may or may not be moving is important.” If the Carthians decided to set up shop there, she would know. “It goes without saying I didn’t trust Konrad, especially with his failings to the Domain, so I felt it important to move my own pieces into play.” Seemed and sounded simple enough to her. Konrad never knew, and that was what made it all the more sweet.

Her head turns for a moment and she smiled and bowed her head before turning back to the road, “Thank you, it is an honor, and I look forward to serving not only you, but the Domain as well.”

So this was about the Invictus, which was a relief.

Still interested? Why the hell wouldn’t she be?

“Her departure has been a sad event. But despite that, her words and what she had taught me have stuck with me. I am more than interested, and am humbled that you are willing to consider me a full member.” There wasn’t any weird initiation things or anything was there? Victoria didn’t mention any, and well, it was a little late now. “Pardon the question, but my previous life and current deals have me wondering if there is a catch. Not that I’m not willing to do whatever would need to be done, but I am curious.” Seemed like a legit concern to her. One does get without giving.

“A salon or getaway, sounds nice. And of course, anything I contribute, time and or funds, consider it done.” Seems the Invictus was a little more inclusive than she thought, a getaway from Court, sounded neat.

If she can hold the position? Clearly he didn’t know her very well. “If I may speak freely.” She begins, “I didn’t rise to the head of organized crime back home because I might be able to hold the title and position. I rose to it because I could and I did it well. Holding a position is about learning from the mistakes of those who came before you and putting fear into those who may seek to make you fall.” She had watched the other Reeves stumble and fall, seen their mistakes.

The other part of his question made her pause to think.

“The title of Lady is a huge accomplishment for a Kindred of the First Estate, a Title of Tribute many spend years attempting to earn. I won’t lie and I say I don’t want such a title,” cause of course she did, “but I’m also not sure what achievement or merit I would have done to earn such a title.” She hoped she remembered everything right. "Though I do know such an honor is at your discretion, and have complete faith and trust in the decisions you make.” It was true, he was the Prince. But he was also a fair Prince who didn’t make hasty decisions.

16. Likes Yumyumcrow, West, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Konrad was a disappointment."

Asa didn't particularly care about the man's mishaps. They happened. It was the letters he spoke of. To have made strong enough bonds to escape the Bloodhunt -- for Asa was sure he'd been warned off -- but content to simply idle when the chance for real power had been within his reach.

"The Invictus, like any Covenant I'd assume, would expect your loyalty and support. Unlike some of the others, this might mean accepting direction from those you're not fond of, simply because of their placement within the Covenant. If I were speak as freely as you, I would say that I take my position as Judex quite seriously -- up to adjudicating merit versus simple... longevity." He smiled thinly. "I was required to fulfill an unpleasant assignment or two myself."

He'd brought a Kine to Freddrick's Court.

"But I wouldn't worry. The Covenant is rather small right now, and unless some newcomer arrives who is already well regarded, anyone else will be below you."
    Asa nodded as she spoke of the Title, wondering if she'd learned to value and respect them or if they were considered worthless prose to be bandied about. "And it seems Lady Stamford would make a fine Au Pair."

Asa closed his eyes for a few moments, skimming over memories of Lioni Dupree.

"What do you consider mistakes to have been made by the Reeves that came before you?"

18. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a bitter chuckle from the Savage. She had tons of other words running through her mind at the thought of him. And those were probably best left unspoken.

“Oh, well loyalty is not a concept lost on me. In Sicily, in Cosa Nostra, or Mafia to others, it is something Families and Alliances are built on and something that is ingrained in us at a young age. It’s something I’ve killed men for forgetting. So if I offer my loyalty and support, it is offered seriously and sincerely.” There was an honesty to her tone. “And accepting direction from those above me, who I may or may not like is not only part of my job, but my survival as well. We all serve someone we don’t like at some point, perhaps a necessary evil of survival? But rather or not you believe what I say about my own loyalty, I do hope you find truth in my words of dedication to you and the Domain. Though actions do always speak louder than words.”

Eyes glance over to the charismatic Prince, “I would expect no less of someone with your stature and power. Not taking responsibility seriously can have dire consequences.” Though she was sure he knew and understood that, or he wouldn’t be in power.

“Well, if such an honor was to be granted to me, I only hope I would be able to live up to the expectations that come with it.” This was a lot more talking than she was used to. She only hoped she wasn’t blubbering and making an ass out of herself.

And there was the question. One she realized she had brought on herself, and one that had to be answered carefully. She took a few moments to consider her words before opening her mouth.

Had her heart been beating it would be pounding out of her chest.

“Miss Sterling was an interesting Kindred. While she struck fear into those in the Domain, she also made those around her question her sanity and where her alliances laid. Where they with the Domain, or within only herself? Acting with violence is not always the best answer to a dispute and can sometimes work against you when attempting to build trust. It’s hard to follow someone when you are more worried that something you might say or do wrong could lead to violence or your own Final Death. Instilling fear is not a bad thing, but you need to build trust above all else.” It had been the most successful thing in her experience.

“I didn’t really have enough time to work with Mr Cross, but he again instilled fear and mistrust in those around him. Which only serves to work against someone in the position of Reeve. If your Deputies’ don’t trust your decisions, it can be dangerous to the Domains security.” Plain and simple to her.

“Now Lady Stamford was different, and a Kindred I came to enjoy and admire. Her hands on approach and being on the front lines with us served her well. I know I had faith in the calls she made while in the heat of a fight. Her only flaw was, in my opinion, leaving the Domain. I didn’t get enough of a chance to truly work with her in her capacity as Reeve. My apologies for not having much to say in regards to her.” There was a shrug. Those were her thoughts on previous Reeves, if it got her trouble, well, so be it. But he asked, and she answered honestly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread