Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(The Dark) Incense and Insight

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice couldn't remember if the lights were on in her office or not as she waited for Jesse to arrive. The cell that she and Robert found sat innocuously on the desk, within easy reach.

The office was quite, unlike Lady Stamford, no music was playing. It could be that Alice preferred the quite or, more likely it was just that the Doll knew that what she wanted to listen to within this room would be a pale imitation of the majestic and haunting beauty of the night chorus.

Incense smoke curled and twisted around the room, the sticks, once used were left to form miniature piles of ash. Ash, that once cooled, could be found with spiraling finger patterns within.

Once Jesse arrives he'll see that the lights are indeed off, and once flicked on he'll notice that the office is bare. Only a simple desk, with a computer, a simple chair and an overstuffed couch filled the room. When his presence known, Alice will stand and greet him, "Good evening Mister Jones," while gesturing to the overstuffed couch off to the side of the room. "Sorry, I don't have anywhere else to sit,"

"And I apologize for the...disarray." it clearly wasn't the right word, but Alice didn't know which one would suffice. As her office isn't yet the magnificent space she'd envisioned. Knowing that she'd been wanting a ghoul to make her unlife easier, but now...with her new duties and responsibilities, it seemed that she needed one. Motherhood...Alice shakes her head, now wasn't the time to think on that, "Thank you for coming." she says, joining him on the couch.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Acheron liked this post

Hugh Everwood

PRE

The help he offered to Alice was reason why Jesse made his way to the Seneschal's office, curious to see just what he got himself into. Got no regrets, Jesse wasn't the type to go and think too much about these things. Far too much entertainment would have gone ignored if he were the type to do that too much. Couldn't imagine what that would be like, carefully thinking about every little action.

Tiresome, that would be what it was.

"Woah there," he said when he knocked and opened the door when called inside, seeing that the Seneschal's office was completely dark. Switching the lights on revealed the waiting Alice, likely unaware of the pitch blackness of the room. Being a Kindred, Jesse didn't notice the incense right away — hard to if he wasn't breathing none, only noticing the smoke pillowing softly made him aware of it.

Didn't care enough to go and identify what scent was in the room — made him wonder just if Alice cared about these things.

"And good evening to you, Lady Seneschal Hart," he replied with a grin, sitting down on the couch when the offer was suggested, "don't got nothing to apologize for, still settling in and all. Place looks well enough as is. Appreciate the invitation," another grin, politeness being important and all, "Imagine it's about what happened to the place of your worship, hm?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice smiles. It's too-wide, too-fake and a shade away from a stab-happy-slasher-smile, but it's her unnaturally, natural response to hearing her tittle.

"Yes, It's been a trail to get even this much done...I have plans to help in making this what I'd envisioned." Alice nods, and settles herself better on the couch.

At Jesse's leading question, Alice nods, a strings pulled motion. "Yes, yes it is." Her demented grin fades, as she remembers what remains of the Farm. "There was an attack during the Summer Solstice...the Brood. They fire bombed the place." Alice folds her hands in her lap, as she envisions the fire, and the frenzy... "There's...nothing left. Nothing but a charred husk of what was." the sound of crunching plaster underfoot, and the scent of gasoline stubbornly clinging to the air.

Alice takes a purposeful breath, and savors the scent of sage.

"Some time ago, I and another," Alice paused, thoughts of Robert turning her thoughts sour. "Investigated the remains of the Farm and we found tunnels under and the trapdoor that was used to enter the Farm House. It was an organized attack. And this cell, has more plans for the Domain, and has up to seven or eight members."

Alice frowns, because the rest of the information is on the cell. The cell she left on her desk and couldn't even investigate herself anyway. Standing abruptly, like her strings were just pulled taut. She moves to where her desk is, and picks up the cell. Then returns to the couch. "Here." She hands Jesse the phone, "We found this during the investigation."

Alice waits, wanting to see how Jesse would take the information she'd just given him before giving him any more.

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Hugh Everwood

PRE

Jesse's reaction to the unnatural smile aimed at him was simply to smile back, it was always the best reaction he figured. Got him out of trouble, got him into enough of trouble as well. It meant nothing for Alice, being blind and all.

When Alice spoke, he listened carefully — brows shooting up at the mention of the Brood. Shouldn't be surprised that they were here, they existed everywhere. Just sounded like something far more Kindred would be interested in stopping than just those who were wronged thus far.

Might be some Covenant pissing contest, as far as he knew.

Finally, Jesse whistled.

"Well then," he said, chuckling in way of other reaction while looking down at the phone he was being handed, "haven't heard of this cell before, guess they have been quiet-like since attacking the Farm." It wasn't a question, though he wouldn't mind a reply neither. "Anything of interest on that phone or did the investigation come to a halt before trying anything?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Jesse doesn't take the cell, but he does whistle. Alice drops her hand, and lets the cell fall into her lap.

"They have been." Alice admits, "It's been....worrying." from what she could recall from the texts she new they had plans. Many plans.

"What the investigation," she says instead of saying 'Robert', "Found many text messages. Giving us a list of names, including Dirge. A Baddacelli, as I am." Alice admits, disliking that it seemed that this situation was like an inverted mirror. "Who once belonged to the Domain, and I assume was in high standing. They gather at a place called the Crypt. There was also mentions of something called the Bunker." she picks up the cell once more, "All of the texts are still here, and you can look through them as you like, for obvious reasons it's...beyond me."

"There had been a meeting, a trap set, but too much time has passed for it to be sprung now." Alice admits, wondering if that's why Robert left. He'd left her at the Necropolis to spring the trap...alone. "So we need to conceive of another, and perhaps recruit more help." says Alice, her mind thinking back on the list of names, the size of the cell. "Perhaps one or both of the Deputies?"

8. Likes Yumyumcrow, Orianna liked this post

Hugh Everwood

PRE

Jesse clicked his tongue in way of agreement.

Was no good sign for them to be quiet, might mean they were planning something and didn't want to risk getting caught before that. Something bigger than just torching the Farm down to the ground. Wouldn't want to be stopped before getting to the bigger part of whatever plan they got.

"Baddacelli," he sounded thoughtful, but could guess easily it was some Bloodline. He wasn't aware what they could or couldn't do, but neither did he know what his sire's Bloodline was, if he even was in one. Jesse did file away that Alice was one as well, could be useful some time. "Sounds worrying, doubt they decided to pull out of the domain and go somewhere else." Especially if one of them used to be a member, if he turned Brood he would find it satisfying to haunt a domain he used to hold power in.

Pettiness of sort, he guessed. Not that he'd ever go Brood — no fun in that.

His eyes glanced down at the phone in Alice's lap, having meant to take it but been a little caught up by the information given. "I'll be reading the text in a moment," he told her, just wanting to see what was on the phone himself, "though it's a pity the trap never got sprung. Might have given us more to work with. Having a deputy or two helping couldn't hurt none, might give us more options than just between the two of us." And if the cells were this large, only two Kindred weren't going to be much against a cell of up to eight.

Jesse hmm'ed. "The meeting, did you learn of it through the cellphone?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice nods, listening to how his accent caressed the name of her Bloodline. "I very much doubt they did. Considering one of the messages says that there's something that needs regular maintenance in the 'chapel'. Which might reference the Moore House, it was where the Lancea Sanctum would congregate." Alice explains. "But it may be somewhere else entirely. Likewise, I have no idea where the Crypt or the Bunker could be. But there were mentions of the sewers."

"Of course, when you're ready." A thumb rubs the outside of the cell, as she holds it out for Jesse."Forgive me, I misspoke. There's only one Deputy now." And with an active Reeve, organizing something to deal with this Brood Cell will be all the more easier.

"The meeting that we were going to use as a trap?" Alice tilts her head, leaning an ear closer to Jesse before she shakes her head. "No. The phone was used to step up the meeting. But...circumstances, as they were, meant that this meeting was missed."

"But that's not to say that another such trap couldn't be arranged."

Hugh Everwood

PRE

"They ain't in the habit to make life for us any easier," was Jesse's reply to her agreement to the Brood probably not having left the city. "Might be worth going to see if anything could be found at Moore House, if nothing we'd be striking a location from the list. 'Crypt' and 'Bunker', if taken literal, the former might be some place at a cemetery while the latter could be some abandoned bunker from after WW2 when nuclear threat made the Kine shake in their boots. Connected by the sewers, maybe?"

He shrugged, they would be throwing out a large net to catch themselves the Brood.

This time, he took the phone when it was offered to him with a, "Thank you kindly," offered as he made his way to the text messages, holding off on reading just yet. Mindful of her, he took to speaking in her direction more.

"Nothing to forgive there, happens to the best of us. Got us a new Reeve, forgot that myself. Positions around here seem to be shifting quite often since my arrival," he brushed the apology aside with a chuckle. "Can't hurt to get her involved, along with the Deputy, if she's wanting to do her duty and all."

He glanced at the phone in his hand. "I see, could try to set another one up. A meeting, though think they'll fall another time for it? They must have realized none of them set up the last meeting. Still," he hmm'ed here, "best option, huh? Get them rats out of their hiding place."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"No, they are not." Alice agrees, hollow voice solemn. "Yes, I've been wanting to see if there was anything amiss at the Moore House, but when I began this investigation was after I lost my eyes....It's been a challenge to adapt."

Alice nods, agreeing that they should be investigating a myriad of locations, even if it would eliminate them from the running. "The sewers does sound like a very plausible lead. When they firebombed the Farm they used underground tunnels."

At his thanks, she simply nods her head, another strings pulled motion.

"That is very true. But it's probably best you've discovered this now. Sacramento is a very fluid Domain. In this place it makes an immortal count the nights once again. Instead of years, or decades."

Returning to the topic at hand, "I've very certain that Reeve Antinori will more then willing to do her duty. And help us with in this."

Frowning, "I'd like to say that they would be stupid enough to fall for it again, but I wouldn't bet my unlife, nor the safety of the Domain on it...but it might be our best option. At least until we get more people on this, and dig a little deeper."

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Hugh Everwood

PRE

"Can only imagine it's quite a challenge." Jesse commented, having no doubt doing any kind of investigation without eyesight might be more than just a little troubling. Part of him was curious to know how it happened, but he was holding onto a fraction of his manners still to go and be opening possible recent wounds.

Memories were just as much wounds that could tear back open.

Good thing to know they got the Reeve on their side on the matter, could only help getting to the bottom of it all. At least, Alice souned very sure. "We can go and make the Moore House our first stop with the Reeve's help; might reveal something." Could be signs about the Brood setting up shop there or having used it, to entrances to the sewer as well no one knew of before.

With there having been such things under the Farm, could very well be within the Moore House as well. Maybe even some other locations used by the Kindred without no one being the wiser.

"Never did stop counting the nights, but kind of prefer myself a domain that feels alive rather than not. Appreciate the heads-up nonetheless."

If the meeting worked once, it might a second time. Best to try think of something else, if Jesse was in their shoes he'd have been thinking something wrong. With no trap failing to snap, they might have written it off as nothing — but he wasn't going to ponder no 'what ifs'. "Could use it as a possible plan, we'll just have to be careful not to be walking in no traps ourselves. We can discuss it more when the Reeve's with us."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread