Ended
Watch

A Stroll Downtown

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    R
    Rilebre

Will's beast causes him to shudder at the mention of flame. How the hell did some Kindred manage to smoke? He shook his head.

"That is very unfortunate. Was it arson?" Arson probably meant hunters, or betrayal.

"Have you ever mentioned your concerns to the boss? Seems you're certainly in a position to."

He continues to follow her in relative silence for a few moments before he asks.

"Ms. Hart, do you know why I wished to walk with you this evening?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"It was." Alice said simply, wondering just what was running through Matheson's mind. Fire always brought a lot of things to mind for Kindred. Did he even consider the Brood as this thoughts ran away from him? And if he didn't and found out, would he even other staying? "It's being taken care of." Which to listening ears, might sound like they were dealing with the police and the insurance company.

"I...haven't yet." Truly the thought never crossed her mind, "My promotion still feels new. It's...going to take me a while to remember that I'm am where I am within the company."

As the kindred fall silent, save their measured steps, the orchestra of the city around them rose and fell.

"No." Once more her hollow voice says simply, if Matheson brought it up, he would probably elaborate.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

R
    Rilebre

"Ah, that's unfortunate. I've no doubt you have a handle on it, though." He says, almost absent-mindedly. Just another reminder that Kindred existence was fraught with new dangers.

"Well, I can imagine it would be difficult to approach him with such concerns when your posts is new. But if you believe that he is truly up to something then the more who know, even if they don't fully believe it, the better. It makes it harder for him to move as freely." He wasn't sure why he was encouraging her to shore up the prince's power structure. It was so contrary.

"It's not so complicated. I would like for us to be friends," he says, considering for a moment how to continue. "In spite of your new position. I don't know if you've considered it, but... your position, the way you were appointed, are very contrary to my own beliefs. I suppose I wanted you to know the air is still clear between us." He smirks, and adds "Unless of course destroying me is on your agenda. I can't very well abide that."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice nods at the platitude.

Matheson's words startle the Blind Doll, her head tilts as if she was giving him an incredulous look, but as it stood, her face was mostly covered by the purple framed sunglasses and her chin was hidden by a scarf she didn't need, but the Masquerade required of her in the colder weather.

"I'd rather go to him with proof, and not just simple concerns..." she finally says, "His time is spent on many, many things, and I've been appointed to see to the day-to-day. Not badger him with questions and concerns." She did have leave to punish Kindred as she saw fit, even going so far as to calling a Blood Hunt. But that wasn't something she wanted to abuse. She was taking her roll as Senescahl seriously, and didn't want to flex her new power just to deal with an idiot.

If that idiot were to do something monumentally stupid however...

"Friends?" Alice hadn't had anyone to come out and say they'd want to be friends with her since she met Martha, "I didn't covet anything. Stamford thought she'd serve better as head of security, she told me I had the skills to serve as the Boss' PA. She asked me if I wouldn't mind taking that position." her opinion of him and his blunt disregard of her and how she'd managed to get where she has within the Domain, soured her thoughts on perhaps becoming his friend.

"You shouldn't give me idea." she says with her hollow voice, and smirks, not really knowing if she's truly considering it. Yet.

R
    Rilebre

"Well, exactly. To have the boss dismiss valid concerns as a rivalry would be awful."

His eyebrows raise in surprise at her reaction and justifications, and he considers his own words before interjecting.

"I would never imply you were at fault with your appointment, or that you didn't deserve it, Ms. Hart!" After all, he just admitted he wanted to be her friend. "What I'm trying to say is, well, you know what group I'm a part of. One of our biggest points of contention is appointment without conversation. Without consideration of the feelings of populace. I have no qualms with you as the new PA, in fact you're probably the best appointment I could've hoped for. But it still goes to say you were simply appointed by those in power. Am I making any sense or just blathering at this point? I didn't mean to offend you."

He sighs, shaking his head.

"I'm still being rude aren't I? What I'm trying to say is I don't want positions and politics to stop us from being on good terms."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice hummed nodding, even if she wasn't worried about Prince Clarke dismissing her concerns - even if they weren't actual concerns, and just that the idiotic shadow grated on her. It was that she was worried he'd think she was incompetent.

Matheson's words are defensive, and Alice doubts the truth to them. But the Haunt believed that the Carthian did want to be her friend. Not because he wanted the company of the Blind Doll. Not like Robert who stayed by her side for six months (but he left. poor little alice. lost and alone.) Or Konrad who took her shopping, and dancing and made her feel special. (running and hiding because sacramento's now a death sentence.)

Matheson keeps talking and Alice pulls herself away from the memories, and her sorrow. It wouldn't do her any good here and now.

Alice has only been a vampire for four years, and even her own policies didn't sound as naive as the words that slip from Matheson's lips. They weren't human any longer. They were predators, and even as they might rail at those in power, they needed an established hierarchy. Anything resembling what Matheson spoke of, Alice knew would end in violence. In ash and blood.

Just ask Clan Gangrel.

"I've been friends with quite a few of your fellows Doctor Matheson." She settles on saying. Let him take it as he will.

7. Likes Orianna liked this post
    R
    Rilebre

He sighs, accepting defeat and deflating somewhat.

"I suppose you've told me as much, haven't you? A silly line of thought, then. Let's just forget about it."

He doubted she would, but if he was lucky Alice wouldn't be the type to hold grudges. At least not for minor gaffs like that one.

He was at a momentary loss for words, so he contented himself with mirroring her footfalls for the time being.

"How do you know when you've reached your destination, Ms. Hart? Does the wind stop entirely?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"I did." Alice nods, sometimes people wanted to feel special, individual. Apart from the collective...maybe Matheson was like that. Though, by his own words...food for thought.

"Sure." Alice nods, steps still carrying her forward. "Forgotten." maybe it would be. Or maybe it would stay within her memories as ammunition down the road.

"Sometimes." Her steps still, her head tilts as she listens to the world around her. "Usually I know my destination by simply listening to the world around me. What sounds tug upon me, making me what to veer off my path...it becomes a choice then. Do I take that step off, even if the Winds aren't still? Or do I, pardon the pun, blindly continue onward?"

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

No activity in some two weeks, so I'm going to wrap this up here for now. Really enjoyed this

11. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.