Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1611) Eternal Seasons Luncheon

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7

Alex Rivers

Mention of Ramona wipes away any of the pleasure that Alex is taking from this gathering.

"Yes, Ramona is missing in the Hedge. She went to scout and did not come back. Right now her status is unknown."

He turns to Morgause.

"Are immigration taxes a thing in many Freeholds? I've never heard of it, although I admit my experience is limited... The thing is, this place has to be an attractive destination for people to be paying to come here. And considering recent events, we're not there yet. And this whole tax thing could easily be taken as a protection racket. That's not a good look."

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Food for thought," Green shrugged expressionlessly.

"I remember when the Four Seasons was around it provided a source of income. Lotta Lost had rooms there. Jobs too. Heck I think one of our own pretty much ran the place - the day to day running at least. Maybe we need to invest in a business like we used to. Job security, money, all in one."

He huffed. Reached over to browse. "Well. Tax don't always mean money, yeah? Maybe we need to think of it more like a union or something, you know. You get out what you put in. Money helps. So does running a set of eyes and ears. So does gathering Goblin Fruit; or making Hollows; or making friends out in the Green, yeah?"

3. Likes liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan started to ponder that when something caught her attention: "So, Ramona went off into the Thorns?" After freezing in place as this was processed, the Paladin of Shadows slumped in defeat, "Shit. Twas, heh, hoping she'd gone off to English Lands for sword working again or, uh, wherever it twas, heh, last time she poofed away."

She gave Mhairi a thumbs up: "Thine Paladin shalt support ye, heh, in the upkeep. I hath cash to, heh, help with that. A'fore, heh, when we had the Four Seasosn, heh, Edna's twas just a stopping point a'fore folks moved to elsewhere...hmmmm," she looked back toward the shed, a thoughtful expression on her face. That quickly turned to panic as she shook her head, "Nay, nay, nay, nary work." Not with the current "security" set up.

It didn't help that the...club houses (for lack of a better word) operated by Spring, Summer, and Winter on this side of the Hedge didn't offer housing. If they wanted a population surge then Edna's alone would fill up right quick. Morgan mused aloud about this, "Shame, heh, Edna's tis the only housing our Freehold doth offer, heh-heh."

Taxes though? "Heh, if we doth have an immigration tax then, well...none of us art from, heh, here. Originally. Thus, wouldn't we all hath to pay too? I mean, I could, heh, spot folks as a welcome gift I guess." A full body shiver went through her as Alex mentioned "protection" services, "yay Alex, Chicago did aught like that, heh, at times. Varied with, heh, each season how severe. Nary always go the legbreakers way. Imma really,really,really glad I could, heh, outrun the doods with the big hammers. My legs art important to my work, heh, afterall...yet," Morgan tilted her head in though, "Technically, heh, I thought Edna's doth already hath a tax. I mean, heh, rooms art gained through pay or bartered service, heh. I nary recall any that hath not repaid Edna's. Aught like that could be a called a tax of sorts, heh. Tis that still the case q--erm Mhairi?" She asked her Queen, as she really wasn't sure on the policy.

5. Likes liked this post
    S
    Sasha

"I do understand that dormant doesn't mean dead, Mhairi. I did listen to your Metaphor. Forgive me, please. Fairweather Killed several of my friends as well as physically and mentally damaged another. So, as you can see, this isn't just something I take lightly." Maybe the Queen of Fear would understand where L'aire was coming from now.

As for herself and Malcolm, she really did hope that many understood each others courts better. Maybe one day they would all come to a better understanding. Although, the Fairest certainly didn't understand why Morgause would consider an immigration tax to new changelings. Freeholds were to be sanctuaries... "As far as other places to help any new people who enter, Malcolm and I may have a place that was found with Daniel before he departed. We've seen bigger numbers in the past with no 'tax' added. People just worked it off at the Four Seasons, as Malcolm mentioned, or got jobs."

I will be opening Coronation today

"Well, it was wonderful to meet you all," Morgause replied, gathering her things. "I'm looking forward to the next coronation. I'm sure it will be wonderful."

Great scene everyone! On to the Winter Coronation!

8. Likes liked this post
Page 7 of 7 First ... 3 4 5 6 7
Closed Thread