Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(The Heist) Wild Cards

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Sitting on the seat of Star 's motorcycle one day was a fresh pack of blue, bicycle playing cards, still wrapped in plastic. Yet, when he opened the package and began to examine the cards, he found something strange. The deck was entirely made of jokers, and as his fingers fanned and sorted the cards, he saw that some of the white backgrounds were stained with black ink.

The first card he saw had an address.

The second card said: GET THE RADIO.

The third Card said: I INVITED YOUR FRIENDS...

Maybe that was why Fisher woke up with a playing card lying on the pillow next to her. It was a blue bicycle card, a joker, with a few simple words written on it: TALK TO STAR.

Maybe that was also why Tuesday found a card tucked beneath the string's on her baby's fretboard. It's message an exact duplicate of Fisher's: TALK TO STAR.

And miles away, taped to Strix 's bathroom mirror, was another odd memento: an envelope with his name on it. Inside was a brochure for the Gutenberg Gallery, an art gallery in southern Sacramento that features local art, global antiques, and live music. There was also a wallet sized headshot of a red headed woman and a playing card with the name STAR scrawled across the Joker.

And if that was not strange enough for the Awakened in Sacramento, Faye found an odd little surprise she found as she was walking down the sidewalk. A small cluster of tickets had been blown by the wind almost under her feet! They were to some auction at the Gutenberg gallery...

Oh, and then there was a ticket for a movie: The Last Starfighter. Expired in 1984.

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher had laid in bed for some time fighting the pull to wake up and finally admitted defeat. She stretched and yawned mightily, her movement caused the sound of creaking plastic to greet her as the air mattress protested beneath her. She started to squirm out of her sleeping bag and flopped onto the floor with a sigh. The thyrsus was just starting to think that she might take another nap this afternoon when something hard like card stock was poking at her exposed skin. She sat up and read the card before flipping it over in her hand a few times.

She thought it a little odd that Star would come into her room when she was sleeping when he was usually so...gentlemanly...about respecting her privacy, especially since he would have gotten a peek at al naturale Fisher and so that didn't seem his usual style. Her sluggish morning brain went on strike at this point in the thought process and the rumble of her belly said she needed food.

She showered, got dressed, and ate a quick bite of food before making her way around to try and locate the fluffy-haired ninja magician. She didn't usually sleep too heavily, but the fact that he was able to do all his sneaking without waking her was impressive once she thought about it.

"Star? you around?"
    she called out while wandering around with the joker card resting on the top of her head. She had put it up there on a lark just to see how long she could keep it up there without it falling off.

"I got your note,"she added after a few moments while still searching.

She might have to call or text him or something.

3. Likes Cayce, West, liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

You know what this means, right?

Somewhere, out there, were one thousand, three hundred and fifty-two cards missing their Jokers. One thousand, four hundred and four if you count the manufacturer's vanity card. It's something to ponder while blue-ish eyes skim the surroundings. There's not going to be anything to see, but maybe it's a reminder.

"Cool story, bro."

Just in case anyone was Watching. Well. It could have been worse. Like a condom in the pack, too. You know, the kind of busybody commentary no one needs. Which, since there wasn't, meant this was chocolate chips. Semi-sweet? Semi-Important.

Okay.

A single card was tucked into the wind-screen of the motorcycle, visible and vertical against the glass. Message: received. Address? Friends? There's a Doc Holliday quote in dire need of quoting. First? Address. Radio? Who even knew what that meant. Probably not Tune In Tokyo. The Angel wandered back into the theatre to Google the address, because sunlight and cell phone screens went together like ketchup and donuts. Plus data plans. Shhhhhh. Where there's a Will, there's a WiFi signal.

"What?"

The head dipped over the phone meant the mop mostly hid eyes that flipped up to Fisher . Nice. Blind Man's Bluff. Oklahoma Forehead. A bunch of other politically incorrect names unless you're a Washington football fan.

"Oh. Wow. Okay."
    So, Fisher. Hands went on hips. "Your mission. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to help me get a radio from [address]. Ummmm. Also. Not sure where you got that from, but it wasn't me. Like, file that under I've got creepy colleagues, insert apology, and don't hold it against me."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

5. Likes Cayce, Yog-Sothoth, liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Her eye was twitching.

Someone. Had. Put. Their. Grubby. Mitts. On. Her. Baby.

She ground her teeth in her anger. Her eye didn't stop twitching. With a gentleness that contradicted her anger, she pulled the card from her Baby. Hazel quickly making sure nothing was damaged, and her Baby was just fine from the horror it had undergone. Tossing the card to the ground she slowly set her Baby back in her case. Then buried it in her mountain of blankets. Including the Robe. Because Reasons.

Hazel look at the card. Her body bends to pick it up. He could've have drawn in sharpie on her face. And it would have been better then this!

"Star!" she yells, stalking out of her room, in search for a mop-headed fool. "I'm gonna murderize you!"

Her single mindedness was interrupted by a mustelid. With a matching card on her head. "Fisher?" voice tight. "You did this?" waving the card in the air. If it was Fisher trying to be sneaky and get the cabal together. That would be better. Ish. Tuesday didn't remember if she gave Fisher the same 'no touchy my Baby' talk she did Star.

Star's voice nearly netted a the full vitriol of her Unicorn Furry!

That was of course when he started talking about stealing stuff.

"Just a radio?" she rasps like she hadn't been thinking of doing horrible things to Star's hair in the Furry of Unicorn Revenge.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

7. Likes Cayce, West, Yog-Sothoth liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Walking with a fresh coffee in hand, she was on her way to get some training in when the tickets blew under foot.

Stopping, she bends down to pick them up, turning them over in her hand as she tries to figure out why there would be gallery tickets for an auction. The movie ticket was just as weird, and she kinda had to wonder. Starfighter…come on…only Starfighter she knew was in fact…Star. Did this have something to do with him?

Were the forces of Fate at work here? It was all too weird to not have some Fate mixed into it. Also, the number of tickets was odd.

Training was going to have to wait, cause this was just too weird not to look into. So she changes directions to get her car, and drive over to the theater. Her bag was tossed in the trunk, mostly gear and clothes before she drives over.

Maybe Star could help provide answers? If not, well, maybe he could help find them. Plus, a gallery auction might be fun to attend.

Once she parked her car, she knocks on the door, tickets tucked safely into her bag. Casual Faye was super casual today, old worn jeans with a white tank and a leather coat. Coffee was still in hand, definatly not forgotten.

9. Likes Yog-Sothoth, West, liked this post

Strix

PRE

Strix was understandably confused when he found an envelope sticking to the mirror in his bathroom, partially blocking his bleary eyed and still sleepy look. He had, in fact, not noticed it at first, going through the morning routine which, as usual, ended at the mirror to stare blankly into it while brushing his teeth.

Only, instead of his sleepy face there was this thing. The brush was sticking halfway out of his mouth as he took the envelope off to open it…

…if he expected some sort of answer out of it, he was mistaken. It left him far more confused than any morning allowed. He wasn't awake enough for riddles.

Strix made a disgruntled noise and finished brushing his teeth, splashing water into his face before looking at the things inside the envelope again. A brochure to some art gallery — he vaguely remembered having seen driving by with his car a few times — though the wallet-sized photo of some red-headed woman set him right back to being confused.

There was a suspect, what with there being this card with Star's name on it. Really, leaving signature cards around wasn't exactly very stealthy — and if Star wanted to tell him something, Strix would much more prefer he do so not in the early morning with 'mysterious' envelopes stuck to his mirror.

And after his morning coffee.

Said coffee was in his hand when Strix stepped out of his parked car and walked towards the Veiled Threats Sanctum, envelope plus contents safely tugged away on his person inside the light leather jacket he wore. Underneath it, he wore a light grey shirt, along with dark blue jeans that seemed to be overall without holes. His leather wristband watch was, as usual, worn on his wrist.

Strix was taking a sip from his coffee when he noticed that Faye was at the door as well, waiting. "Fancy meeting you here," he said with a bemused smile, "got some weird envelope on your mirror too this morning?"

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"And when you yell 'murderize', you mean..."

A finger raised. What's that? He leaned to look at the front doors. Which was one of the absolute bestest things ever about living in the theater. A glass wall for a front door. Faye. Strix. Riiiiiiight. Friends.

"Uh. Hang on. I'm gonna, like, let them in. Sorry. Hang on."
    Just a hint of exasperation flickered through his eyes as he turned and went to the door. "Hey. Hi. It wasn't me. Like, I didn't do it. But, uh. Come in."

He showed them to one of the lobby seating areas and started pushing another couch over.

"Ooookaaaaaay."
    Fingers pointed. Sit, sit. "Who's got what. I got radio, and the address for the Gutenberg Gallery. Anyone got Colonel Mustard or the Candlestick Holder. And I'm sorry. Again. For real."

The last was mostly for Tuesday. Because 'murderize' still didn't sound super-good.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

12. Likes Yog-Sothoth, Cayce, liked this post

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

The rampaging bellowing of an enraged unicorn caused the little mustelid to stop and listen cautiously, almost as if sniffing the air for danger signs that she would be included by proximity. Then the angry eyes turned her way and she froze shaking her head slowly in the negative, which caused her card to drift off to the ground.

Awwww maaaannnnn, she thought to herself as she watched it go.

"Not I said the little red hen," Fisher said to appease the unicorn's fury.

"I was sleeping in my room," she began as she bent down to pick the card back up. "When I woke up this card was on my pillow. So naked pictures of me better not show up online without me getting a royalty, modeling fee, or something."

She didn't sound concerned at all about being photographed or seen naked, but someone else profiting off it was just wrong!

The theater was suddenly a buzz of activity with three fourths of their cabal and then Fay and Strix showing up. Star left to go let them in and she was scratching her head.

"They want us to get a radio? Why? They don't do pod casts in this day and age?" she inquired to no one in particular. "It could be fun though, better than lounging around half dressed all day I suppose."

She turned her attention to the new arrivals and the return of the Star-di.

"Hey Faye! Hey Strix! They got you too?! Or did you just come over to play?" She focused on Star next."Oh my card says to come see you! That's all."

14. Likes West, Cayce, liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Oh. Nothing." shrugging. "Well if this," the card waves in the air again, "Was you. Then there'd be some murderizing up in here. With glitter, and glue. Feathers. Tar. Maybe. Baby was Touched."

The growling gravity to her voice couldn't be missed.

Tuesday turns to Fisher. The rhyme causes a slight upward twitch to her lips. She nods. Believing her sister mammal.

Strix and Faye come walking in behind Star, and Tuesday was betting that their stuff was molested too.

Hazels flick to Star. She gives nod. "No murderizing...you." she still might have to murderize someone else.

Turning to something that wont make her want to hurl curses at people, "Yeah it totally beats a lazy day veggin' out. Thievery generally does...so. What the effing hell is the deal with these cards and the oooh~ talk~ too~ Star~?" okay. So maybe her mind wasn't totally turning away from wanting to hurl curses.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

16. Likes West, Cayce liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A grin was offered to Strix, “Weird envelope on my mirror? Nope, mine was a little more interesting I think.”

But before she could explain, her reason for coming opened the door,

“Ah, just the guy I was looking for.” She greets as she raises her free hand in a wave. And then Star was directing them to sit, so she did, coffee raised to her lips. Seeing Tuesday and Fisher, the wave and smile was then directed to them.

“Sorry, no candlestick, though I did get these,” she says before pausing to reach into her bag and pull out the tickets. Her hand fans them out as she holds them up. “Same gallery though. So seems Fate has some plans for us. And, um, sorry about what? Did I miss something?” she asks as her blue eyes scan those gathered.

“I only came cause I also found this ticket.” She then fishes out the Last Starfigher ticket and holds it up. “You’re the only Star I know.” She adds with a grin. “So figured asking you about was the best thing.” There was a shrug.

18. Likes West, Cayce liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread