Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Freehold Location

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Well, I think that the risk posed by a Theme Park isn't any greater than that posed by any Lost that perform. As you said yourself, going up on stage can attract attention. However, there are definitely still Lost that pursue those kinds of professions.

The way I look at it, the concern over security vs. desires is a great point of plot to explore, and that the very contention over that point will likely help inspire some interesting stories.

Regardless, the Theme Park hasn't gone up quite yet, or been claimed by the Freehold, so there's still some time

2. Likes Origins, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

With Cayce stepping away, the venue needs a resolution to the 'group' meeting space. Edna's and Blue Note are both player owned Sites. They're not going away (until the characters that own them do) but they're also not wholly neutral spaces that provide for every Court.

So, weigh in and let's hand-wave a new space.

IIRC the two concepts with the most traction were resurrecting the Four Seasons (with each Court having a floor or wing) or introducing a theme park/fair (with each Court having a ride/building within).

Post your preference here and any accompanying rationale/text
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

4. Likes Origins liked this post

New Four Seasons practical but been done. I personally am in favor of the theme park thing. Pledges to keep the mortal employees in line would be great fodder for pledgecrafting. Or maybe even hob refugees depending on how the Fairweather contest goes down.

Plus, theme parks can be really, fucking, creepy. Ask anyone whose played the Silent Hill games with the theme park levels. Or search Google:

And I know I don't have an Autumn anymore but I just love the idea. As for the up on stage issues, the Lost don't HAVE to be the performers. They could be the owners/support staff that the visitors rarely see.

Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

I'm all for the theme park idea. Played all the Silent Hill games and love me something creepy! But I wonder how it would work...practically...within the game. The hotel gave the Lost meeting spaces as well as a backdrop that could fit each Season. Meetings could take place behind closed doors and room decorated to fit the Seasons. How would that work with a Theme Park?

I know..I didn't have a Ling in play when the hotel was standing...but I did read the threads and enjoyed how the room changed to adapt to the Season. It was amazing.

But that's my two cents I will go with what the majority vote for and want

Talon Chariot
    Chariot

Status (Adamantine Arrow) •

Nimbus: Chariot's Nimbus is a sense of cold, implacable heaviness, like lead weights and the grasp of the dead.
    Peter Byrne
    Written In Death

Monthy Rituals

Armor: 4 (3 v.firearms)
    Defense: 2

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Vulgars: 1
    Active Spells: 6
    Personal Spells: 5

[5R] Dark Matter
    [5R] Unseen Aegis (Armor 3)
    [6] Eye For Destruction (v.Undead)
    [4] Shape Liquid (Vol 3, Dur 1 dome over Tuesday)
    [6] Armor Piercing (Axe, AP 1)
    [3] Alter Accuracy (Axe, +9a) [1]
    [3R] Bestow Exceptional Luck (From Tuesday, +9a) [2]

Speaking as an outsider, a location that serves as another place people can place scene would be nice, and having the changeling specific locations located 'behind the scenes' would click with what I understand of the setting and changelings existing hidden from the world while still being a part of it. The Autumn Court could be hidden inside the walls of a haunted house attraction, with night vision cameras piping in video of the customers being scared by the attraction.

0 Scenes

While I absolutely love the idea of a theme park/fair, I think it leans heavily onto Autumn, or at least what's been propose dose. So maybe the Hotel would work better.

Both would offer opportunities for Glamour, but like what Orianna said, the Hotel would fit a broader character base. Each Court could have a floor/wing, there could be a cool Hotel Bar, and an Event Space we could rent out to mortals to generate some more moneys, or just use for Eternal Season scenes. There could also be Doors to the Hedge and we could really bring in an American Horror Story: Hotel vibe, not just in the horror/Autumn themes, but in those delightful secret passage ways, that could work in Winter, and help our 'lings avoid the mortal guests, because the Lost shouldn't/wouldn't want to hang around with a bunch of strangers all the time...unless their Springs :P

Speaking of secret passage ways Macavity says this in chat:

Quote Originally posted by Macavity:
    There could be secret doors throughout the park that lead to an old complex of Prohibition-Era tunnels that the court takes place in and the park was originally built over.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

After some reflection I'd be willing to give the theme park a go!

The Hotel has been done and so has the bar/club/trope I think. Having the theme park would underline the fresh start and give people's imagination free rein.

I think the theme park would only "support" the Autumn Court if it was left derelict. If it was up and running it might serve a "Spring" or even a "Winter" flavour (hiding in plain sight). Also consider this: theme parks are where ordinary folk are more likely to suspend their disbelief; they are more likely to let intrusions from the Hedge, passing hobs, and slight breaks in the Mask, go without questioning it too much. That kind of thing would make a Changeling's life that little bit easier.

Totally agree with Macavity about the prohibition era tunnels. Between that, and what could be lurking on the Hedge side of the park, I think we would have our "fortress freehold" bases covered.

10. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

I could see Spring having like a Tunnel of Love type thing....or something among those lines.

12. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post

0 Scenes

....The Hotel has been done and so has the bar/club/trope I think. Having the theme park would underline the fresh start and give people's imagination free rein. ...
    After I logged out for a bit and got some running around done, the Hotel/bar/everything like that's been done to death smacked me right upside the head.

I adore the theme park idea, and to underscore what YYC's already said about it, welp. It gets a big Sloth YES!!!

Autumn could hold court with the Haunted House or something Mystical - a Fortune Teller's tent or something. The details could be figured out, but firm without a doubt Sloth vote is for the Theme Park with it's prohibition era tunnels (thank you Macavity !) and Hedge wackiness!

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

It looks like the theme park is the way to go.

I think we -are- going to use Funderland as the basis. Sure it's a kiddie park and doesn't have -all- the goodies, but I did say 'basis'. It wipes out all the discussion about where, naming it, etc and gives the concept some real-world detail and reference points (including maps).

Each Court can have a building/ride which should be discussed in their social group, but the Sov will have the final say. In that vein, rides can also be torn down and new ones built so nobody/Court is ever locked in to one thing. I'd like to see the Courts present their 'feature' within a week.

The Hedge also mirrors reality, so there's plenty of creepy factor there as well. If anyone has a an honest to gentry question, feel free to ask and we'll sort it out. If it's a trivial question hand-wringing about mortals or seasonal decorations... just don't. We're working on top-level setting problems, not dithering over the color of cotton candy.

Lastly!

We need an 'overall' write-up on the wiki for Funderland i.e. Freehold central. It should be informative to new people, etc. I'll handle the page creation and even dig up pictures if you're not comfy with wiki work, but we do need a write-up of our new zoomed-in setting.

Feel free to post that here, expect to get a baleful look if I end up having to do all the work myself :P
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

15. Likes Origins liked this post
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
+ Reply to Thread