Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1611) Sanctuary 3

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The Circle is a large, imposing building of Gothic Architecture. It is an almost perfect replica of Westminster, but no one ever notices. Sleeper eyes slide over the ruins of what used to be, and only Awakened eyes can pierce the subtle occultation.
    Sanctuary Scenes

Like hardening ice of a coming winter, memories are beginning to fade and set. The Circle is, and has always been, the cradle of Sacramento's Awakened.

Stone walls are a tapestry of history; here, a bullet hole gouge. There, a scorch mark. A dead patch of grass or three in the training yard. Echoing halls that have hosted merriment and arguments. Within these walls each Order has their secrets and privacy -- and yet there is plenty of room to wander and run into others.

Just to avoid continuity snarls, I'd suggest avoiding talking about the current/upcoming plot. Talking about the Titanic would be fine, but since the Away Team hasn't 'left' yet, the Revolution would present problems
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

2. Likes Yog-Sothoth, liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday was laying on her back.

Not on grass, or on a couch, or on a few pulled together chairs, but on stone.

In the place where some clever Starness had their mustelid bleeding out so much if it wasn't for Rat Bro they might be one Fisher short.

Which was deffinatly not of the good.

She was more the fond of the paradoxically fit glutton of a shaman her newish cabal.

New that she was the noob, and not New in the sense that it was a New Creation. No siree bob. Vee Tee would probably stand the test of Time.

And coming from the Unicorn in a text filled Tinkerbell tee, that was saying something.

Hazels stared up at the sky. The shifting clouds, and the the relentless ever ticking of the clock reminding her that soon, she wouldn't be able to do with in a tee shirt and jeans.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

4. Likes Yog-Sothoth liked this post

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

The mustelid moseyed through the doors swaying and whistling a little tune. From the utterances echoing off the stone walls she was obviously in a good mood.

As she popped around the corner it was immediately apparent that one hand carried a pastry box and the other a large traveling coffee cup. She wore a t-shirt, her buckskin jacket, and a pair a jeans. She kept up her whistling until she spotted the lone unicorn laying down and made her way over to the woman.

Once the shirt was spotted she stopped whistling and snickered.

"I always thought that was mighty suspicious of you. That unicorn thing was just a diversion wasn't it Tink?"
    she asked with mock accusation.

"Sup?" she asked after a short time, a large smile creeping onto her face. "Oh! Want a pumpkin bar? They have cream cheese frosting!!" She finished waggling her eyebrows up and down.

She plopped down on the ground beside Tuesday and crossed her legs. Then box got set on the ground and she took a sip from her drink.

"Ah, caramel pumpkin macchiato," she said through a sigh. "It is a good thing I don't have any pumpkin body spray or I'd be licking myself all day and that would just a little too obscene I'm afraid."

6. Likes liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

(Shield Duration (day) x2)Mana 2 Spent
    PRE

Upon arriving at the cathedral, Truce begins to chant in High Speech and form a series of mudras with each hand to open his Sight to the Circle's resonance. The working overlaps the shielding he already has in place within his pattern. He had been distracted this morning, failing in forming a simple Imago but not wishing to waste his harvested energies to repeat it.

The Necromancer and Councilor strides across the floor, wearing a simple tie-less suit, likely one he's worn before in public. Though there is a new addition to his attire in a diamond signet ring on his left pinky that makes the garnet class ring on his right hand look like a cheap trinket. Such is a mark of his Mastery, one he spoke of at length during a ceremony not long ago.

He sees Fisher and Tuesday out in the courtyard once more. He'd never really spoken with the Apostate before though he's heard good things about her character. Now seems as good a time as any to rectify that.

He slows his pace as he enters the open courtyard. There's always a chance that he might be interrupting something private and so he reads their expressions during his approach. They seem cheerful enough.

"Hello," he greets them in a sort of sing-song manner buried in a soft friendly smile. "Magus Tuesday. Councilor Fisher. I hope you're both well. Enjoying the weather?" he asks, curious about Tuesday's prone position.

Sight and Shield
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-11-02 14:48:50 Truce rolls 8 to cast combined Grim Sight + Third Eye rote [WIT+Emp+Mind+HS-2] (10 Again) 5, 1, 10, 6, 1, 2, 5, 8, 2 2 successes
    2016-11-02 14:48:19 Truce rolls 10 to cast Mental Shield (day) rote [RES+Occ+Mind+HS] (10 Again) 8, 10, 2, 5, 7, 5, 9, 6, 4, 1, 1 3 successes
    2016-11-02 14:47:20 Truce rolls 10 to cast improvised Entropic Guard (day) [Gno+Death+HS] (10 Again) 2, 6, 7, 4, 3, 5, 6, 6, 7, 4 failure

8. Likes Yog-Sothoth, liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Gasp!

A wild mustelid appears.

...maybe she was playing to much pokemon.

Nah.

There was no such thing as 'too much pokemon'.

"Oh no! I knew there was a cunning intellect behind those doleful mustelid eyes!" Tuesday says tilting her head in away so she could see Fisher while still laying on the ground. An easy grin appears as she reaches into her pocket. Pulling out her wallet, she scrunches her face unflatteringly as she looks through the folds until there was a loud "Ah Ha!" waving a crumpled coupon in the air, "If you keep my secrets mighty shaman, I'll share the spoils of a two can dine for super cheap Wendy's coupon~!"

Oh yeah. She totes knew how to defeat her mighty not a feline, but still a sorta polecat foe.

Righting herself, kinda. She was still on the ground. But on her stomach to face Fisher better, "Hells the the bells. Yes women!" said Tuesday upon the offer of a pumpkin bar. Making quick gimmie motions, while giving Fisher a glare. Not a Galre, but a glare. Bitch could have gotten her a caramel pumpkin macchiato. Tuesday saved a two for one coupon for Fisher and her, and not you know, went to Wendy's and pigged out.

"Honestly. If you were covered in pumpkin body spray I'd licking you too." Tuesday holds her totally constipated serious face for a moment before she descends int he Realm of Giggles.

Nerdy Truce that was the dude that Fisher might have a thing for. Since apparently mustelid's have a thing for bookish nerdy guys. No judgement, but he didn't have enough awkward to him to get Tuesday's n'aww reflex going.

Maybe she shouldn't be looking for a guy that made her go n'aww?

"Hello~!" she greats, a song in her heart and on her voice, this time Tuesday rights herself. Sorta. At least she's sitting on her ass looking up at the mages around her. She finally gets a good look at Fisher's shirt. "Nice!"

Magus Tuesday...fancy.

"I am. Err-good. And enjoying the sun. I know it's gonna get all rainy soon. So I wanna soak up the sun when I can." Besides she never got around to doing her bikini day in the sun after the Titanic bee ess done. Might as well substitute it with not a bikini and discount not summer sun. "And yourself? I mean. You good?"

Maybe she really should look for an awkward guy even if there was a n'aww involved. She could totes pull of All The Awkward.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

10. Likes Yog-Sothoth liked this post

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher burst into laughter at Tuesday's shenanigans with the food and eying her drink. She looked down at it herself and extended it out to the other woman. It was a large drink and Fisher's grandma taught her to share.

"Want some?"
    she asked and let the woman take some of the drink if she wished.

"Oh good,"
    she said to Tuesday's remark and continued with a chuckle, "maybe I'm not as odd as I thought that I was."

She let Tuesday select her bar from the box and then picked up one herself and started munching when she noticed Truce's greeting and looked up at him from her position on the floor. The Counsilor Fisher thing made her feel a little uneasy still and she squirmed a bit in response.

"Oh hey. Sup?" she inquired politely.

She might not have voted for him, but she could at least be civil to the man. Star seemed to get on well with him and he didn't give off that uneasy feeling that Wayland did recently.

She looked at the box of pumpkin bars and after a split second looked up to him while still holding her own bar and spoke.

"Pumpkin bar? They're good!" she tempted him by flipping open the lid to the box to display all that orange colored fluff and cream cheese frosted goodness.

"Sure, still kind of nice out so an impromptu picnic seemed like fun," said in response.

She turned back to Tuesday and Truce smiling at the response about her shirt.

"I know! I saw this shirt and practically threw my money at the cashier," she said grinning. "Mustelid philosophy at its best!"

12. Likes liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella is becoming more accustomed - and more secure - to his surroundings. He drives up to the Circle and parks nearby, taking the opportunity to stretch his legs before heading on up the steps into the Sanctuary proper. The Moros was waring a dark suit, affecting a professional air.

Once inside, he followed the sound of conversation.

"Good day, Councillors," he intoned at his approach. "Tuesday?" A question creeps into his voice when he spies the Acanthus laying prone on the cold stone. Anything else he had to say or planned is... lost... at the curious sight.

Rote cast at home
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Campanella casts his rote after greeting everyone.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Just passing through.

At least, that's what it looks like when a mint-green scrubs-wearing Angel appears in the doorway headed for the Guardian's area.

"Did, like, someone call a doctor?"

The hand not holding the backpack rests on a hip after he's shuffled over. Nearly seven-eighths of a brow-furrowing second is given to the prone Acanthus before deciding everying is Okay.

"Sup. Girrrrrls. Truce. Uh, uh."
    It's not Camper Van Beethoven. It's not Camper Van Beethoven. It's not Camper Van Beethoven. "Campa... sarsaparilla? Sorry, man. I'm just, like, not super-great with names. Especially, you know, Portuguese ones."

I am Jack's legitimate attempt.

"Check this out."
    A sneaker nudges Tuesday. Pauses, then nudges Fisher. "Surgical tubing."

He unzips the bag and shows them rolls of butterscotch tubing bursting out of the pack like entrails from a gored abdomen.

"What's up? Did I miss a meeting? Or is this, like, a double-date and I just totally fifth-wheeled."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

16. Likes Yumyumcrow, Yog-Sothoth, liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Oh!" Truce says, looking over the offered pumpkin bar curiously. "I suppose I'll try one, thank you," he says, accepting the edible gift. He had skipped lunch today so the thought of food was more prevalent. Such is the Lie told to his stomachs.

"And I'm well, thanks for asking," he adds before taking a tentative bite of the pumpkin flavored morsel and chewing it thoughtfully. If he were bitter about the result of the last meeting, he doesn't seem to show it now.

He waves as Campanella and Star wander into the courtyard to join them. "Good day, Campanella. Star," he says, his greeting friendly. "You know, I'm curious too about the nature of that name, Campanella. I'm not familiar with its meaning. Is it Portuguese?"

As his eye drifts to the wad of surgical tubing Star is toting around. "Mm, no, no meeting. Just an idle moment while my schedule is free to get to know these ladies better. Now what exactly could you be needing all that surgical tubing for?" While he's afraid of the answer, it's sure to be an interesting one.

18. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread