(Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

(Imbibe)Vitae 1 Spent
    OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

It might prove useful to know that Maddox and Matheson were getting along and planning future get-togethers. Alice thinks to herself, remembering what Lady Stamford had said.

Sounds filter through her companions have began picking up and drinking them, she assumed before setting their drinks back on the table. Blood moved by her will, and Alice brings the perspiring bottle to her lips. The beverage tastes sour on her tongue, but still she swallows it. Setting her beer on the table Alice nodded and gave a wordless sound of agreement to Jesse's comments.

At Maddox's comment, she offers a jerking shrug, knowing that whatever he had to say wouldn't inspire excitement within the Blind Doll. At his question however, Alice pauses to think. "Before 'all this'?" Alice echos, she's told Maddox before, when they met. Alice doubts that the shadow remembers, but as her Requiem continued, Alice was finding it harder and harder to think on her living years will fondness. Or even her time before she came to Sacramento. Even now, even as her eyes lay in ash and her Family disappeared like smoke on the wind. "Before Sacramento? Or before we joined the company." Alice idly asks, more excited about what she'd been dealing with currently.

"Have you not heard?" Alice asks, savoring this moment. Gods how she wished she could see Maddox's face when realization set in. "I'm the Boss' new PA."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

2. Likes White liked this post
    R
    Rilebre

He couldn't quite follow the metaphor, but it sounded like Alice was climbing the proverbial ladder. Good for her. It was something to see her relish the revelation, he wasn't sure if it was another jab at Maddox or if maybe her "promotion" was a long time coming.

"Well, let me be the first to say congratulations!"
    He says, smiling in her direction and raising his glass. "Cheers to you, Miss Hart."

He looked at the liquid in the glass and decided against it, setting it back down without a proper drink to go along with the toast, but the spirit of the gesture was there, regardless.

He didn't have anything against Alice. Quite the contrary, really, he felt like she was more trustworthy than most Kindred for some strange reason, but it spoke to his own politics that she was advanced.

Here she had been quietly picked, by one person holding all the chips.

He wasn't sure if she was the new Reeve... that position was certainly vacant, but whatever it was she probably now had sudden authority over them. Without any input or consideration from them at all.

Such a system. Even if this town where the laws of the domain were so lax, could he really be blamed for happily donning the label of rebel?

Hugh Everwood

PRE

There was another snort at Jacob's phrasing when making plans with William, but he waved it off and hid it partially by lifting his beer again to take another drink from it.

"Least that means you ain't disappointed none," Jesse replied to Jacob's comment in return with a shrug as the drink was put back down, not meaning nothing by it beyond giving his own opinion. Wasn't much else to it, being some eternal student didn't sit well with Jesse who was more active than passively sitting back and listening to people drone on about stuff that'll be outdated quick enough again.

Why waste time analyzing something like what made a drink a drink?

"Well, well, moving up in the world, are we, Alice? Haven't heard yet," Jesse said cheerfully, clapping a few times to go along with it — which was reason to go and pick up his drink again and lift it in her direction, even if she couldn't see it none, to repeat William's words, "Cheers to you, and going to drink to that." Which he did.

So it'd be Seneschal Hart now — couldn't be anything else when she was playing personal assistant to the Prince.

Sighing in fake contentment at the taste — lacking as it was no blood — he went to entertain Jacob's question. "As for good old me," causing him to snort as if he actually was well aware he didn't look old enough, especially not next to William, "entertainment keeps me busy. Nice clubs, good company, and all that. I ain't going to be bored easily in this city here." He had already elaborated on this before, which Jacob hadn't been present to hear so he was getting the short version instead.

"I'm in no rush, how about both?" He smiled, more for himself than her for obvious reasons. It continued to seem genuine enough at Alice's pronouncement, "but of course, I wouldn't be very good at my job if I didn't even know that!" He chuckled. Despite his position he truly wasn't that interested in holding political office. His position more than just falling in his lap just defaulted to him. There was simply nobody else left.

"I'll raise a glass to that, if a newcomer can climb that far in nine months I wonder where all of us will be in a year." So many came and went so quickly, it really was a shame. But, those that managed to stick around? In a little domain like Sacremento you could really climb. He drank, leaving all but the dregs left.

6. Likes liked this post
    Bump West "Bump" this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Thank you Doctor Matheson, Jesse." Alice smiles, it's not her unnaturally natural one she wears now thanks to her Curse, but one she's practiced and practice to look normal. Holding it in place as Maddox doesn't respond how she wanted. "Mister Maddox." Perhaps he didn't quite get that the Prince's new Seneschal didn't like him and didn't understand how that was a Bad Thing.

Lifting her own beer in the air when it was made clear to her that the others were doing the same. She takes a quick sip of the sour tasting beverage, regretting her choice in this once more as she chokes it down. "From my understanding, Miss Stamford, is going to return to her position as Head of Security. So there's been quite a few changes. I can't wait to get my office in order." a place that has been changed with the office's many residence over her time in Sacramento and now it was Alice's turn to set her stamp onto the place.

Listening to Jesse's answer Alice had to wonder just why he was a shadow instead of an incubus, but maybe the man hadn't caught the eye of a Daeva before he did a Mekhet. "Doctor Gilroy once told me that you might find yourself in a position of power because you've stayed. Being a stable and reliable presence counts just as much as ability." Sometimes more. But Alice hoped that Lady Stamford and the Prince thought that she had the ability to preform her new duties and not just because less and less of the kindred around her were familiar.

3 day left folks~!

8. Likes Acheron, White, Yumyumcrow, West liked this post

Hugh Everwood

PRE

"It'll be familiar a job for Miss Stamford." Jesse commented with the air of one who actually knew she had had the job before. Obviously, he didn't since she'd been the Seneschal when he arrived and spoke to her.

Probably was the prince's decision to go and make that change, Jesse wondered whether Stamford considered it a demotion or if she didn't mind none either. Being the Reeve was something to be immodest about too. Meant the prince believed you were fit to keep his domain well taken care of.

"Makes sense what the man said," Jesse said as he glanced away from the group and towards a clock at the wall with a thoughtful noise, "familiar faces are trusted more than new ones." He actually didn't know if this Gilroy really was a guy, but the surname sounded male so he went with that.

Made perfect sense, it did.

Glancing around, he waved the waitress over. "Been fun and all, lady and fellas, but think I'll have to make my exit here. Just recalled I got a place to be," and a drink to throw up before that, "drinks are on me." He cast a smile around the group, then took care of the bill and gave the woman a nice tip as well.

Never knew when he was back, couldn't hurt for later none.

Speaking about drinks, Jesse actually did go and empty his glass with a few large gulps before putting it down as he got up.

"Might go and do that again, hm? Will be seeing you around. Alice," he nodded at her, not thinking about her blindness, "Jacob," another nod, just as the last man of their group, "William. Hope you all ain't missing me too much," he added with a chuckle, then turned and headed to the exit.

Jesse would be ducking later into an alley, before getting to his destination, to empty his stomach of the nasty stuff he swallowed in the bar. He'd be fashionable late, but wouldn't have to excuse himself to throw up later.

Unless anyone stops him, Jesse will be leaving the scene.

R
    Rilebre

Ah, so Lady Stamford was going to be the Reeve. All the more reason to never be on her bad side.

Will gave a little wave to Jesse as he departed and silently cursed the man for picking up the tab, he had been planning on doing the same. He wondered where Jesse's income came from, considering he looked to be a man that did nothing but carouse. But looks could certainly be deceiving.

And so Will was lift with the Lady Senechal and the Priscus, both of whom apparently despised each other. One openly so and the other in a passive way. Quaint. He would certainly be looking for a chance to excuse himself when it wasn't so much on Jesse's heels.

"Awful kind of him, wouldn't you say." For the blind woman he added. "Picking up the tab like that."

"Well, Miss Hart, I've arranged time batting at the cages with Jacob, here, perhaps you'd be interested in walking with me sometime? I'd love to hear about your new responsibilities." With a deliberate pause, and almost childish grin he adds. "To the company."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

With the bill payed up, the other Kindred, were free to leave, or stay as they will.

Since White was online last night and didn't post, and since this is a few days past when it should have closed, I'm just going to close it now. Great Scene guys!

12. Likes Acheron, Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread