Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Calgon

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Much like Katrin seemed to be a fixture of the Freehold, now L’aire did as well. Unlike the former Monarch, the Fairest would not become as icy as the Treasured had been. Her fingers trailed along the bathwater that was far too hot for most.

So many had come and gone, and some made promises they could not keep. Her sorrows ran deeper than any would know. She’d never asked Katrin what called her to Winter or if Winter called for her. Maybe like herself, too many had made promises and never kept them. Harvey was her constant companion, was it to assist in making sure she never crossed over to become one of Them?

For Changelings, companionship seemed necessary even if it were mortals in passing or someone to pass the time away. L’aire was thankful for that one constant, at least she hoped it remained that way. It seemed that it was as close as she would ever allow herself to another again, yet, she wouldn’t say never for fate would always have different plans up its sleeve.

The Monarch’s season was upon her, and she would wear it as well as she could. So many had died, so many were truly Lost. The tides seemed to pull and pluck away another, year after year. OnlyMalcolm Green would understand it like she would, her Onyx companion through it all even if they were not yet what Katrin and Harvey had been, at least he understood the comings and goings of each Freehold member. Or, perhaps the understanding that it was never to be understood.

So many she missed, but the Fairest would soldier on as the old Monarchs of the past had done. How they did it for so many years was truly a mystery and one that would never be solved.

As her thoughts had grown cold, so had the water.
    Good stuff Selena! I always like Courts soooo much more than Covenants or Orders just because there was so much more interpretive room. Interesting parallel between Katrin/Harvey and L'aire/Green!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

2. Likes liked this post
    S
    Selena

Thank you West. I remember when I first chose Winter, even though I didn't find it hard to relate, I found it difficult to write at first. Now after several years, it flows easier for me.

+ Reply to Thread