Watch

The Spirit of Fear...and Candy

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Morgause
    Morgause
    Mask

A woman of captivating, yet discomfiting beauty, with eyes as green as a cat's, and just as mercurial.
    Mien

Still a woman of captivating beauty, yet it is a beauty twisted with a feral tinge. Green cat's eyes stare out from her visage, and fangs hide just behind her full lips. Her ears are long and tipped, and each of her nails hides a claw just waiting to be extended.

PRE

Every year, when the wind began to turn cold and leaves began to wither and die, momentarily becoming all the more fantastic for their mortality before they turned to rot, the specter of commerce began to haunt empty storefronts. Banners of black and orange were hung, and displays of fantastic and grotesque costumes were erected upon once barren walls. Like a particularly virulent case of acne, the outbreak of Halloween stores spread across the city.

So it was that Morgause stalked the aisles of one such store, hunting for, well, anything that might catch her interest. An opened bag of assorted Halloween candy sat before her in the cart she was lazily pushing along, and every so often she would pluck out a piece and chew on it while she contemplated something or other. It was amazing how almost everything in the store fell under one of two categories: fake, or risque. And sometimes both...

Hmmm...

She needed something more than rubber knives, or corn syrup with food coloring. Something more than a short cut blouse and skirt. But was there anything to find?
    Morgause. Beast: Hunterheart. Presence 3 (Haughty). SL 4 (Nonpareil).

2. Likes Origins, Yog-Sothoth, , West liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Never mind that this would be her first Halloween since become Autumn's Queen, but this would be her first Halloween since she arrived in Sacramento.

She needed a spectacular costume. Only, everything she'd seen since the myriad of Halloween stores sprung to life wouldn't make the cut. They were all to corny, or skimpy or...just plain awful.

Mhairi was looking for something amazing.

But after a day of only searching those many, many pop up stores, she was still empty handed.

Disheartened, Mhairi was set to try one last place before she gave up and went back to Edna's, maybe she could find something online.

The bell above the door sprang to life as she pulled the it open, it took a moment for fell-flames to get used to the dimly lit store, the towing shelves with taller animatronics created looming shadows, waiting for motion sensors to be triggered so programmed scares could be enjoyed.

If nothing else, the small fright the jump scares caused could harvested, so today wouldn't count as a total loss.

Walking forward, Mhairi let the door swing closed behind her. Waving off the sales girl with a bright, "Just looking!" and a forced smile.

Mhairi slowly began her journey anew as she ventured into an aisle on one end of the store. With the day she'd been having, all her energy to skip about the store had long since left, leaving only determination and a (defeated) methodical nature to her searching.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

4. Likes Origins, Cayce liked this post

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

It happened every year, the activity leading up to the big day, and people making sport of the scary things that go bump in the night. She envied the masses their ignorance, there were many things she wished that she had never known.

No it was not the time for heavy thoughts. She should get into a festive mood and think about parties to come; that is what she needed. Yet the more she looked the more she lost hope of finding something because some of these costumes were ridiculous and just downright slutty. She wasn't that big of an attention whore, too often it just showed that you were trying too hard.

Gwendolyn just decided to look for inspiration rather than necessarily finding something when she noticed she wasn't alone. There were other people here, but what drew her attention was others like her. The first lost she found in a new city, that was always the scary part, for who knew just what you would get?

She stood up and got to one side of the isle so that the others could get by or push a cart through.

"Sorry," she said to the focused woman wandering the isles. "I hope I'm not in your way."

Gwendolyn wasn't really concerned with being in the way of the other shopper, but it gave her a reason to speak to the woman. She might be able to learn something of the local community, and maybe that other one with the cart would wander over too.

I wonder if they are together and stalking me, she mused troubling herself again before she pushed the thought aside.

"You look focused, looking for something specific?" the flame-haired woman asked curiously.

Morgause
    Morgause
    Mask

A woman of captivating, yet discomfiting beauty, with eyes as green as a cat's, and just as mercurial.
    Mien

Still a woman of captivating beauty, yet it is a beauty twisted with a feral tinge. Green cat's eyes stare out from her visage, and fangs hide just behind her full lips. Her ears are long and tipped, and each of her nails hides a claw just waiting to be extended.

PRE

Morgause slipped another piece of refined sugar out of its little package and bit it neatly in two, slowly chewing on the candy as she considered a row of Morticia and Elvira costumes. Perhaps one of them would do. They were nothing spectacular, assuredly, but perhaps that didn't matter. Perhaps the real challenge wasn't in finding an outstanding costume, but instead in taking whatever costume she found and making it spectacular, instead.

Besides, Morgause quite liked the idea of being called Mistress of the Dark, even if just for one night.

Well...she'd consider it. There might just be some as of yet something much more interesting waiting within the store. And, as another candy was plucked from the bag and Morgause turned away to begin heading down another aisle, she suddenly saw it.

A broad smile revealed glistening white fangs and Morgause steadily pushed her cart over to her new find.

"Well hello," the Queen of Cats spoke as she came abreast of the two strange Lost. "How fortunate for us to run into each other, particularly in a place with so many masks out, no?"

A slight crinkle heralded the unwrapping of another small bit of chocolate and soon that, too, disappeared between sharp, sharp teeth.

7. Likes Yog-Sothoth, liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi let out a startled squeak. "No-ah-no. Not in my way." Then flushed. She was the Dread Queen! She should get frightened when someone interrupts her thoughts in a store. Even if it was an unworn 'ling. Hair a-fire and mesmerizing. "Uh-yeah. I have-ah something in mind. But..." she shrugs a little defeated. It didn't look like she'd find what she'd been looking for. Especially since what she was looking for was the mundane version of what the Fairest had claim to naturally.

Another voice quickly joins them, and Mhairi wonders, why is it always her? Why did it seem like she was the first one to meet new comers, at least she thought she was the first. She hadn't heard anyone talk about two new outrageously beautiful 'lings.

A laugh escapes the wisp at the pun, as her fell-flames take in the so very green cat's eyes. "Almost like there's-ah something greater at work here." like the Wyrd.

Absently Mhairi notes, that neither of these beautiful women have a Seasonal touch upon them. Three Lost, Two Courtless and One Dread Queen...it had to be the Wyrd.

"So!" she starts with a brightness she didn't feel, "Looking to stay long, or just for All Hallow's Eve?" Mhairi began, with the expected questions. Best get a feel for the women before telling them of Edna's.

9. Likes Cayce, Yog-Sothoth liked this post

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

As it turned out the other lost did come their way, and something about the feline nature of the other woman made Gwendolyn want to reach out an pet her or maybe feed her more chocolate as if it were a kitty treat. She settled for smiling at the woman.

"Hi," she began in greeting. "It's the season for masks and almost like there was something people wanted to hide from."

Most likely people wanted to use this as an escape from mundane life, working nine to five, while forgetting the need to hide from or try to scare away the creatures that stalked the night.

"Lucky for sure," she said with a smile.

She didn't really believe much in fate or any notion like that, because if she did then did that mean her life was fated to suck ass, looking over her shoulder every moment for another abduction? No, if there was fate it could go do something to anatomically impossible with itself, luck was another matter entirely.

"I moved to town for work so I'm afraid your stuck with me for the foreseeable future," she said with a playful grin. "My name is Gwendolyn, by the way."

Morgause
    Morgause
    Mask

Mien

PRE

Morgause watched the other two lost talk with amusement plain in her expression. Perhaps that was just the chocolate she was eating, but the intensity of her gaze said otherwise.

"Well, I wouldn't have it any other way, Gwendolyn," Morgause expressed, gracefully reaching out to try and brush her fingertips lightly through the flame red hair.

"I, too, am staying. One of my favorite playthings is in this city so I don't intend to be going anywhere else."

The green cat eyes moved away from the fire haired beauty and landed upon the vision of green fire and moonlight.

"I assume you won't mind, now, will you? I'm oh so excited to get to know all of my new neighbors."

Perhaps 'cruel' wasn't the right word to describe her smile, but there was an edge to the glee within it, or was that just the needle sharp teeth?

"My name is Morgause, and I assure you, Morgause is a most wonderful neighbor to have."

12. Likes Yog-Sothoth, liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"'Tis-ah-tis the Season to be reminded of that." Mhairii murmurs, the words the Fairest said, a reminder of another one of Autumn's duties.

"Gwendolyn, and Morgause." Mhairi nods, fell-flames moving between the strikingly beautiful women, "Hi." she waves a drippy fingered hand, "I'm Mhairi."

"Work? Ah-what to you-ah-do?" Mhairi asks, a quizzical cast to her features, she was almost sure she knew Gwendolyn from somewhere...

Mhairi blinks. Then blinks again at Morgause's actions, and just what she's said. "Play-ah-playthings?"

Mhairi swallowed at the sharp line's of the Cat-Queen's smile.

"Friendly-uh-faces, are a-ah welcome thing." in the middle of the store, Mhairi couldn't even begin to start on the Dragon or the other issues the 'hold was having...but then again. Maybe that's why the Lost had been disappearing left, right and center. "Do either of you have a place to stay?" a common question from one 'ling to another.

14. Likes Cayce liked this post

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

You didn't work in Gwen's field long before learning to deal with haughtiness and Prima Donna, because of that Morgause's attitude didn't bother her all that much. The other woman was a knockout for sure, but her attitude made her more interesting. Gwendolyn felt like some new toy or perhaps morsel that was being appraised and her comment about keeping playthings confirmed her suspicions.

The flamesiren didn't shy away from the dark-haired beauty's reach, but kept an eye on her to ensure that she wasn't trying to snatch a hair or something for some sort of future mischief. She didn't want to jump to conclusions though, especially since there were many affectionate women out there and she just might be one of them. Mhairi, however, asked the question that popped into her own mind first regarding the notion of playthings.

"Nice to meet you Morgause. It is always fun meeting new neighbors," she said in agreement. "There is the curiosity to find out just who they are and the anticipation in seeing just how well one will get along with them."

She found Mhairi just as interesting. The flame-eyed, starry woman was someone of importance, THE sovereign or at least A sovereign. However, the Autumn mantle was noticeable, but rather weaker than expected. There had to be a story there, or maybe Sacramento was smaller than she thought. Lost did tend to congregate at junctions and crossroads of major paths in the hedge, so maybe they were not near one.

The star-haired woman's question was a normal one, but she had to decide quickly how she would answer it. She didn't get too many people that recognized her on sight, she wasn't that well known yet after all, but it was nice to be treated as normally as a mutated freak of nature could be treated.

Ah, hell. Who am I trying to kid anyway? The normal ship has sailed years ago with that bargain that was struck, she sighed mentally to herself.

"Well I do a little modeling, clothing, cosmetics and such. I've been in some ads out east mainly. I'm looking for a new opportunity to reinvent myself and enjoy the California climate," she finished answering the unasked question.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan's reason for Halloween shopping was...different from most. Morgan was paranoid about certain things, made certain preparations "just in case" they were needed. Those preparations had turned out to be poorly made. The black ghostly monster costume she'd purchased for the sake of the fabric blending into the night had been a poor choice. The material had torn very easily, remarkably so. The big "after season" discount might not have been as big as she thought, given the low quality of the material.

She didn't expect it to be as tought as the riding jacket she wore or the loose denim pants she had, but a little wear and tear should be possible.

Not that Morgan often dressed in monochromatic clothing meant to hide her from prying eyes at night. She just felt it'd be something to have just in case sneaking around was ever necessary. Thus, she sought a new monochromatically black Halloween costume that was made of tougher material. And more expensive. And trying to resist all the candy. And find one that was in her size that didn't show off 70% skin.

Seriously, how was a tube top, a 1/4 jacket that didn't button, short shorts that didn't pass the thighs, and fishnet leggings supposed to be a ninja costume?! They didn't have anything like that when she checked the men's isle! Except when she did check the men's isle she foudn at the Spartan costume was a loin cloth and plastic armor. And a lot of fake muscled chests too.

She was about to give up when she heard someone familiar. Peeking down the woman's isle she spotted Mhairi chatting with two unfamiliar changelings. She supposed she should make sure her queen was alright. She walked towards the group but stopped at part way down, "Nary a deception? Tis heh here? For truth?" started out as incredulous but the last question was growled out. Brown leaves started to sprout around Morgan's feet, her Mantle kicking in with her annoyance.

A "classic ninja costume for women" was sitting on the bottom of the shelves, much to the Beast's annoyance. She snatched it up, willing to check size later and glad the material felt more like cotton and less see through. Tucking it into her shopping basket, Morgan walked up to Mhairi's side, "Salutation, heh, Mhairi!" The Scrivener gave the Dread Queen a respectful nod, before stepping back to position herself a little behind her leige. A very archaic sign of respect: "New friends ye hath found?" She tilted her head in curiosity as she asked Mhairi.

Morgan's eyes however kept moving, the golden glow brightest at the pupils as she scanned the two ladies. Her look was wary, but the kitten lady wasn't setting off any predator alarm bells in the raccoon's head. Nor was firey maiden, something that amused Morgan whose eyes and veins glowed with the color of flame that not even her layer of fuzz could mask.

Whether Gwendolyn or Morgan was "hotter" depended upon how you defined the term.

17. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread