Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(DA) No one can hear you scream...

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Continued from (Deadly Acquisitions)...

The booths were erected in the Romanesque Hall and Kresge Court as unobtrusively as large, black cubicles could be. A heavy metal door lead into each booth, where a small sitting room was situated within. If one could ignore the thick fabric walls of the booth, or the lone, blinking device upon the ceiling, it would appear to be quite comfortable. There was a desk with a slot into the side, for bids to be submitted, and a plethora of comfortable chairs situated around a small coffee table for the entourages to lounge and relax as the bids were made.

For those with an eye for things beyond comfort, it was clear that each booth was as close to being soundproofed as they could get, which was to say that anything short of a bomb going off outside would likely be muffled into irrelevance, and the device on the ceiling was a signal jammer, making outside communication impossible without tampering. In short, the booths were as secure as one could be without being locked into a bunker, which meant that were anything to happen to you inside the booths, well, then no one would be able to hear you scream...

For Katherine Port , Monty Pennington , and Lucas Boucher , that might very well be a concern, as they were accompanied to their booth by The Stranger, herself.

The Stranger smiled, artificially whitened teeth flashing in the light of the booth, and turned to Monty.

"Well, Monty, dear, you're handsome enough to be a statue, aren't you? the Stranger intoned, her inflection jarring as she issued her command.

I need a Resolve + Composure roll from Monty Pennington!

Results of Failure

The Stranger didn't even bother to see the effect of her words, but rather turned back to Katherine and Lucas.

"Now then, for you two ducklings, just who are you to dear Monty, here?"

Striking looks
    (Dashing Figure)
    Fame
    (Internet Following)
    Resources
    (Old Money)
    Barfly
    Presence
    (loud)
    Monty Pennington

Monty smiled as he entered into the booth taking in the setting. He glanced over his shoulder to see Kate and Lucas following behind. Good, at least I won't be alone. He thought. As he strolled in he casually turned his attention back toward the stranger, was she speaking to him?

Suddenly his throat became dry and it felt as though he was moving through molasses. What? what is happening? He felt his arms and legs slow and stop. no! No! NO! he thought frantically. Suddenly his body was his no longer. Fear gripped his heart. The woman turned her attention away from him, to his collogues. His fear rose gripping him, strangling him, boring into the core of his being, there it churned and swirled and sprouted into a new emotion. Anger. NOT TODAY DEVIL BITCH! and in his anger he found release. Slowly the feeling returned to his arms and legs. His body was his once more.

Slightly more relaxed since defending against the assault, Monty chose to bide his time by playing pretend. Oh I can be a statue bitch right up until I end you.

2 successes

3. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Bump Cayce "Bump" this post
    Status (Network Zero)
    Status (Private Investigator)
    Katherine Port
    Katherine Port Scenes

Kate quickly stamped down on the urge to compliment the evil bitch. She was so pretty, but what was she talking about with Monty? Her anxiety spikes as she scoped out Monty's reaction.

"I started out as a fan. I mean, who wouldn't be?" She decided to go with honesty, as much as she could. Who know what this thing could do? "Now we are friends."
    She tries to put some emphasis on friends. Perhaps it would come off as unrequited love as he was such a dashing figure and she tries to emphasis his appeal. And perhaps be some misdirection. She completely doesn't look at Lucas because she has only a cusury idea on how to describe him. Or what she even knew about him. I really feel like we went from the pan into the fire...

5. Likes Cayce liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Lucas Boucher

Looking round the booth Lucas was as impressed as he was anxious. Privacy was neat if you needed to murder someone, but murder was a lot easier with weapons. Lucas didn't bring his, so he was rather aptly described as Satine's duckling.

"I'm his mechanic." Truth. Well, at least the truth he thought would be most palatable. Saying he followed a money trail to hunt a warlock he abandoned his group to because he wasn't sneaky enough to make it past security made him sound downright unprepared. Unacceptable. Absolutely true, but unacceptable.

Lucas decides to stand by the metal door, eyes flicking between Monty and the gothic lady. He already struck out once trying to be the social butterfly, so he was happy to let Monty and Katherine do the talking. Although one didn't have much to say. Also? Totally weird accent from the Stranger. Was that a regional thing? Totally not the point right now, but still weird.

"So what are we looking to bid on?"

He's looking at all three of the others in the booth now. Teamwork makes the dream work right? It certainly makes tracking who gets what easier.

7. Likes Cayce liked this post

Monty Pennington had pried himself free from the monstrous grip of the Stranger's mind, but did he want her to know that?

For now, it seemed as though the Stranger was ignoring his presence entirely, no doubt as assured of her own dominion as anything else in the world. Her attention was solely on Kate and Lucas Boucher .

"So neither of you are important, delightful. I suppose it won't hurt you knowing. There will be several things I'll be having your dear little Monty bid on. The Book, for one, the letters for a second. Did you know you can find my name in those silly little letters? Not that it will matter much to you, after tonight. But come, I'm feeling a little dissatisfied. Step closer, will you, duckling?" the Stranger asked, looking at Katherine Port .

"Don't make me ask unkindly."

Sorry for the delay Seryna Xander Sanityawol

9. Likes Xander, liked this post

Striking looks
    (Dashing Figure)
    Fame
    (Internet Following)
    Resources
    (Old Money)
    Barfly
    Presence
    (loud)
    Monty Pennington

Monty listened to the alluring woman monologue her plans to his associate. That's right, keep talking. Tell us all about what your interested in. He thought. His emotions were running frantic. Since her attention was directed elsewhere Monty slowly scanned his eyes around the room to see if there was something that could be used as an improvised weapon or in some way give them an advantage.

Status (Network Zero)
    Status (Private Investigator)
    Katherine Port
    Katherine Port Scenes

Well, shit. Not important as in she's going to leave our bodies in this booth?
    "Of course. Whatever you say." Kate licks her lips nervously, not bothering to hide her nerves. This being knows she's being intimidating, and Kate wants her to feel the affects it has on people. Kate keeps her eyes locked on the woman, not looking at Monty or Lucas.

Lucas is talking, good sign. Why can't I hear Monty? Oh good, so we need those Letters, now. We can have her name.

Kate steps forward to the woman, slowly. Measured steps. She looks the woman over closely, trying to memorize things that she might see again. Her jewelry? Her exact shade of eye color.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Lucas Boucher

So Lucas was the party face? Then yeah, he really should have smuggled that gun in.

"Uh, dissatisfied?"
    Did he want to know? Should he have just stalked the accountant?

"And why would Monty do that?" He takes a deep breathe and glances over to his fellow hunter, curious if he planned on talking at some point. Preferable sooner rather then later.

There was a moment, after Kate had moved closer, when the Stranger began to lean in, close enough that her breath began to tickle the neck of her prey...

...Monty's eyes frantically searched the booth, finding 2 vases readily at hand, and perhaps the legs of the desk if he had time to break it, but would that do anything against this corpse wearing a human mask?

*PING*

"Pardon the interruption ladies and gentleman, but for your own safety, please remain within your booths. The slight disruption will be over momentarily. Thank you for your cooperation."

The voice of the Auctioneer echoed softly from the ceiling, freezing the Stranger in place, a look of confusion crossing her features before she stepped back away from Kate.

"Peculiar. This has never happened before. Something must be wrong."

The Stranger thought for a moment before turning to the door of the booth.

"The plan has changed. I'm leaving, and you three will help me do so. Even you, my lovely statue," the Stranger declared, giving Monty a few light slaps on the cheek, no doubt meant to startle him out of his supposed daze.

Striking looks
    (Dashing Figure)
    Fame
    (Internet Following)
    Resources
    (Old Money)
    Barfly
    Presence
    (loud)
    Monty Pennington

Monty blinked in fright as her hand patted his face. With the opportunity for surprise over, he let out a breath. "No my dear" He said, voice quivering with quiet defiance, "We are not going anywhere and neither are you. You are going to sit and answer our questions." He did not make any physical movements but the intent of threat was clear in his tone.

Beads of sweat began to form on his brow as he worried what trouble he was brewing for himself and his associates. He tried to hide his dread behind a smile. He eyed the vases more closely and cemented the plan that he would lunge for the closest one should it become required.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread